DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz/Relz] My first immersion mod! The Sober Soldier's Supply - Lore-friendly Wine and Mead Smelting

aleniskendra

Hello all!

I just finished creating my very first immersion mod! It can be used with or without other survival mods. I mainly created this mod for myself, to be used with iNeed and Be A Milk Drinker!, but my hope is that others might find it useful and fun as well.

"Don't want to be drunk while fighting a dragon? 
Sick of picking up all those alcoholic beverages and not having a good use for them? Well, here you go! 

Turn your booze into healthful vinegar and (non-alcoholic) posca, a drink enjoyed by the soldiers of the ancient world!"

Feedback is very welcome!

SoberSoldierHeaderNexus1.png.f5336c4a89b81750f898adfaf66a4b93.png

Download here on the TESAlliance: 

Download on the Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83589/?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lissy said:

sound interesting. I might try it when I get back to actually playing skyrim. Right now I am playing oblivion while I work on creating my mods for skyrim. :)

Thanks. :-) What mods are you working on?

I've got to play Oblivion still. Are you enjoying it as much as Skyrim?

• Upvote 1

well I am still taking the classes here on TESA but haven't gotten a report for lesson 2 yet. I think Darkrider has been busy. At this moment I would mostly be doing mods that fall into the 'player homes' category and they would likely not be complex (cloud storage or anything else requiring scripts) as I would have to have someone else do the scripting. After I get done with the CS Basics I might move on to the level design and maybe other classes after that. I gotta put skyrim back on my computer though. I had to do a clean reinstall of both it and Oblivion.

As for enjoying oblivion, I had played it before on console years ago, but never played it all the way through. I am still getting mods together to enhance my game though so not doing much playing right now. I got the deluxe version from steam though that has all the official DLCs. I hadn't seen those before back when I originally played it and I have been in game to look at my new homes. They look nice, but kinda empty really. I looked at all the mods to improve them but didn't really like them. I think I may just use the construction set to do my own improvements. I think if my improvements are in a separate esp instead of modifying the original it should be compatible with the unofficial patches. I am trying to figure out a good way to get into some of the restricted/blocked areas (palace, cloud ruler temple) for some screenshots of the game before I start adding the texture packs. Even if I get in though I also gotta keep the stupid guards off me so they don't get in the way of my screenshots. lol    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lissy said:

well I am still taking the classes here on TESA but haven't gotten a report for lesson 2 yet. I think Darkrider has been busy. At this moment I would mostly be doing mods that fall into the 'player homes' category and they would likely not be complex (cloud storage or anything else requiring scripts) as I would have to have someone else do the scripting. After I get done with the CS Basics I might move on to the level design and maybe other classes after that. I gotta put skyrim back on my computer though. I had to do a clean reinstall of both it and Oblivion.

Cool! I haven't done the classes, just watched LOTS of tutorial videos. And used shared scripts (in my other, unpublished mod.)

2 hours ago, Lissy said:

As for enjoying oblivion, I had played it before on console years ago, but never played it all the way through.

We don't have a console, but I totally play with a controller on my PC. With my play style, I just find using the controller more immersive. (That and my hand-eye coordination for things like archery and lockpicking with a mouse SUCKS lol!)

2 hours ago, Lissy said:

I am still getting mods together to enhance my game though so not doing much playing right now. I got the deluxe version from steam though that has all the official DLCs. I hadn't seen those before back when I originally played it and I have been in game to look at my new homes. They look nice, but kinda empty really. I looked at all the mods to improve them but didn't really like them. I think I may just use the construction set to do my own improvements. I think if my improvements are in a separate esp instead of modifying the original it should be compatible with the unofficial patches. I am trying to figure out a good way to get into some of the restricted/blocked areas (palace, cloud ruler temple) for some screenshots of the game before I start adding the texture packs. Even if I get in though I also gotta keep the stupid guards off me so they don't get in the way of my screenshots. lol    

You could always cheat and add EFF to make the guards friendly while you are doing your screenshots and then just reset them after. :-D

• Upvote 1

EFF ?   is it a mod or console command? 

Cool! I haven't done the classes, just watched LOTS of tutorial videos. And used shared scripts (in my other, unpublished mod.)

I was using tutorial videos before I found this site :)

Edited by Lissy

1 minute ago, Lissy said:

EFF ?   is it a mod or console command? 

I was using tutorial videos before I found this site :)

It's a follower mod, but it really is much more than that. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's one of my most essential mods and is compatible with practically everything.

In my opinion, some of it's best functions are:

It allows you to reset the friendliness/factions of ANY npc without entering the creation kit

It allows you to add anyone as a follower without breaking anything (you can totally temporarily add someone as a follower to change their outfit or to have them do something or wait somewhere for a screenshot.)

It allows you to set NPCs to Essential without entering the creation kit

OH! AND you get a power that allows you to communicate telepathically with a follower if you accidentally leave them somewhere or if you are up high somewhere away from them or something. AND you can also teleport them to you.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12933/?

oh thats for skyrim lol  i am talking about oblivion.  I actually have a follower mod for skyrim...probably that one.

I suppose I could open the construction set and make a few god items in a cell and add a teleport and place it near frostcrag spire. I don't think any mods I will be testing will touch much landscape there.     Do you think a ring of chameleon will help?

Just now, Lissy said:

oh thats for skyrim lol  i am talking about oblivion.  I actually have a follower mod for skyrim...probably that one.

I suppose I could open the construction set and make a few god items in a cell and add a teleport and place it near frostcrag spire. I don't think any mods I will be testing will touch much landscape there.     Do you think a ring of chameleon will help?

Ohhhhhhhh! You were talking about both and I got confused. :-D

Well, I found this: 

There is a console code that toggles all AI detection: "Tdetect" (without quotation marks of course). It disables the detection AI of all NPCs and creatures so it has the exact effect as 100% Chameleon.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/924363-the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion/answers/32274-a-cheat-for-sneak

Edited by aleniskendra

that could work. I might be able to access some areas of the palace now. some other areas are blocked off requiring a key or quest stage though, like cloud ruler temple. I may need to make that test cell anyway and add the keys to a container there.  or make a portal to the truly block areas.  

There are a number of console commands that you can use for that stuff. Check the UESP page here. Just don't save after using any console commands, because they can mess up the save.

A useful one is the flying camera command (tfc).

Just enter it in the console and you can move the camera wherever you want. To turn it off you just repeat the same command.

• Upvote 1

ah  almost forgot about that one. Sweet.  I don't have too much time right now to test it but I can definitely get the cell names written down and everything else ready before I leave. When I get back I will proceed with screenshots, and then continue with the guide I was following :)