The_Good_Doctor

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

533 posts in this topic

Yeah Gracchus has only been shown to be respected by most of the Legion generals, since those are the people he's interacted with. Though I would say his humble origins and the fact their generals respect him would likely breed respect among the soldiers that know of his past. But that wouldn't be all of them. Some wouldn't care about that, others would follow strength, others might even dislike him being a commoner. He's respected in the way most any faction leader is by their men, probably to a little larger extent, but I wouldn't say he's beloved by everyone. 

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I imagine that the circumstances surrounding Dales's ascension coupled with Skjari's involvement and sudden rise would've been shady enough to make a lot of peasants doubtful. Everyone in Tamriel who knows a shred of history knows about Jagar Tharn. That's why I included those bandits in Chorrol who were really just deserters that refused to fall in line when their Count finally did. I like to believe that there would've been a lot of other people who had the same or similar theories.

What y'all need are some paid-off big name Imperial book authors like the Medes and Septims used.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor

Just now, The_Good_Doctor said:

What y'all need are some paid-off big name Imperial book authors like the Medes and Septims used.

Thinking back on it, Witch should've had Maggie put out a few puff pieces. If she wouldn't have, then he and Gracchus should've threatened Albecias and made him do it in exchange for not being imprisoned. 

Just now, BTCollins8 said:

Yeah Gracchus has only been shown to be respected by most of the Legion generals, since those are the people he's interacted with. Though I would say his humble origins and the fact their generals respect him would likely breed respect among the soldiers that know of his past. But that wouldn't be all of them. Some wouldn't care about that, others would follow strength, others might even dislike him being a commoner. He's respected in the way most any faction leader is by their men, probably to a little larger extent, but I wouldn't say he's beloved by everyone. 

He also has some military victories under his belt. Most of his actions before Skyrim are still somewhat a mystery, but a fatherless commoner doesn't reach the rank of Legate without impressing someone.

Then there were his naval victories against the Nords when leading that blockade in lieu of a competent admiral, which showed he was versatile.

And lastly, there was Pale Pass and Falkreath. Pushing through the chokepoint of Pale Pass was honestly an impressive feat, looking back. And his negotiations with Baldur are basically what sparked Cyrodiil's turn against the Dominion, which would win him a lot of points among those who still recognized Talos or disliked the Aldmeri influence over their leadership.

I can see Ceno has having an almost Mattis aura surrounding him. If you guys have no clue what I'm talking just let me know and I'll go into greater detail.

Thinking back on it, Witch should've had Maggie put out a few puff pieces. If she wouldn't have, then he and Gracchus should've threatened Albecias and made him do it in exchange for not being imprisoned. 

Maggie would've been a good choice for the RP, though I wonder if she'd have been willing. Luckily, there are tons of other authors floating around. Y'all could use the guy who wrote the Great Bear of Markarth, for instance.

On another note, we should probably move all of this RP discussion over to the OOC thread, since RP stuff is technically the only thing that is off topic here. :P  It's also time for a new thread, because this one is well past it's limit. I'll make it.

IMG_0196.JPG.aaa380783f300b6aa2b4675a764e97e0.JPG

Currently re SecDef

IMG_0197.thumb.JPG.38b7a1ef780e6d68785a437592afc540.JPG

Led the First Marine Division in its march to Baghdad, etc.

IMG_0195.JPG.0a52491eefccc9e57b1983192f526589.JPG

Lord and Savior of all warfighters.

IMG_0198.JPG.f6b56ddff1c80691c280bcb67284a4b8.JPG

Can level an entire city with just his knife hands.