DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Request]Writer

_echo

Perhaps there should be a special request forum? save clutter space. anyhoo...

I am in need of a writer for my project. It will involve some background story, dialog, and other misc things.

General overview:

My project is based off a very interesting anime, in which, when you die, you are sent to a place and tasked with something, but what exactly, and how you carry out the task are all but unclear. No one really knows why they are in this strange place, all they know is that if they venture outside their little fort, they are doomed to death, and this time, its permanent.

How you die:

In order for the player to get to this strange place, I plan on having a cinematic movie instead of dealing with scripts and whatnot dealing with the player dying and whatnot. So how I plan on working around that, is along the first part of the story (your still alive and kicking in cyrodiil) you happen upon a book (location yet to be decided) and upon reading, the movie will start. In it, the player is killed by a dark brotherhood assassin. The dialog of the movie will be vague enough to even allow for the believability that if you are a listener for the DBH, that its still possible for your death sentence to be ordered.

Upon entering the new place:

when you wake up in this new place, you are greeted by a few fatigued people. They don't directly talk to you and avoid any conversation, all you hear is them mumbeling "Theres another one" or something of the sort. However, one person does talk. He informs you that no one knows how they got there and that no one ventures outside. The last one to do so never returned, and you are given his place to stay.

Thats about it for now. Any takers?

_echo

We do have such a forum...but up until today it was locked!  I was actually just about to unlock it when I found your thread, so congrats you have the first! aa_biggrin.gif

It's not clear what you need written, it seems you have a pretty good plot going already. What kind of things do you need written? Perhaps if you outline exactly what you need, a writer or 2 may be able to take different pieces and kocked them out for you!  :)

=P

Blah, my head has it all outlined, just a matter of turning thought into actual words.

So, let me try to fix that.

What I am in need of, is someone to help write up some back story for misc books and such, along with dialog for said movie and NPCs, kinda following the guidelines posted above. I have the general concepts in mind, i'm just no good with writing so i can refine it into something usable.

_echo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.  I see you need a writer, it just so happens I am one...are one?   aa_tongue.gif  I've just finished writing for a small mod, soon to be released.  We're planning a sequel to it as well, if this goes over like we think it will.

However, I could always use something else to write.  Multiple projects are a great way to fend off writers block.

If you can put your outline down in a concrete format, A to B to C, I can write some preliminary stuff for you and see how you like it.

You can also find me on the TES official forums and the Avid Alchemist's Alcove under the same name, WhoGuru.

I'd be happy to help, your premise sounds fantastic and a bit claustrophobic for the player.

Well... lets see...

The location of the book that kicks this off is going to be placed somewhere where you will just happen upon it. So theres no writing needed there.

Upon activating the book, the cinematic will be mostly of the assassin popping out and I was thinking of pulling the old morrowind style with him starting off with "Stranger... bla bla bla" in a sinister voice, what he says though, thats where im stuck. The actual player will not be shown for obvious reasons. Don't worry about the book, as its going to be just some random nonsense.

Upon appearing within the new place, you are inside a room. People standing around you silant but staring. Talking to them will reasult in them avoiding you. however some will just mumble about hoe they are all doomed and forsaken.

There will be one guy who will talk to you. He mentions that no one knows how they got to where ever they are and that its not safe to leave the walls of their "fort". He goes on to say that someone tried once and never came back. You are welcome to have his bed which is up atop the walls.

Thats all for now. for the most part im in need of dialogue. Im not too great with it. I already have somone willing to voice act and hes waiting on that.

Thanks for your help. Any further clarification just ask.

_echo

Okay that's good.  To write the dialogue, I'd need to know specifically how many NPC's are there when the player 'arrives'?  Don't want to write responses for 6 and there only be 4.

You have given me enough to write some preliminary stuff with.  Let me diddle with a while and we'll see what I get.  aa_biggrin.gif

This will be perfect to distract me from waiting for the other guys to finish up the mod we've worked on.  That's the only problem with being the writer, your work is done long before everyone else is even close!  LOL

Alright.  Here's some preliminary stuff, based on what you gave me in the above posts.  What do you think?

Dialogue of the assassin upon reading the book:

"Stranger.  Your death has been ordained and I the lucky child of Sithis to send you on your way.  What fate now sets before you, no man has ever seen.  Fail and death is all you shall ever know."

-------------------

Random "piss off" dialogue from the other people:

"Go away.  I have nothing to say to you."

"We're doomed.  Can't you see?  Leave me!"

"Forsaken by the gods, yes.  We are forsaken."

"Hmmph.  Another one.  Go away."

"Nothing.  There's nothing.  Why are you still talking to me!"

"The gate.  That's what I'll do.  Maybe tomorrow."

-------------------

Dialogue with the one man who will speak with you upon waking.

'I bid you welcome stranger, such as I may.  The others will not speak to you I think.  They are too scared and have lost all hope."

P- "Lost all hope?  Why?  Where am I?"

"We do not know.  Like you, we were transported here.  None of us knows how we arrived.  I think...I think we must be dead."

P- "No, that can't be!  I feel fine!"

"So do we all, or did for a while.  This place.  It seeps into your bones."

P- "Why do you not leave then?"

"One man tried.  He ventured through the gate of this fortress and was never seen again.  Sometimes, we hear terrible sounds from outside the walls.  No one here is brave enough to investigate.  The man who...left.  He made his bed atop the walls.  You may have his space."

P- "Surely you know something else about this place?"

"No.  I have spoken enough for one day I think.  There is precious little for you to do here stranger, as you will see.  Perhaps, one day soon, I too will go to my certain death outside the walls."

P- "How can you know death is certain?

"We know.  That is all.  To leave the safety of the keep is true death.  Now, I tire of this.  Sleep you well stranger for you are dead and this is surely the land of the damned."

Awesome. Thats actually almost right on the spot if what I envisioned. Aside from a few very minor tweakings it more then fits the bill. Ill send this off to the guy whos voice acting for me and get some stuff on that. Ill get back to you on anything else that might need fixing, but for now this is great.

Thanks again.

I can't write for your mod (probably). I'm working on a novel, and a mod of my own, and I'm about to move. This aside from the fact it looks liek you got someone :blink: I will however write a blurb, the way I would write something like this, just for the fun of it ;)

Upon waking in the afterworld...

Mysterious Apparition, "Hey, how's it hanging?"

Player Character, "Ugh.. my head."

MA, "Yeah, I know, stings huh? You don't have one anymore, but it will tend to do that anyways."

PC, "Huh? What do you mean?"

MA, "Life is a big, crazy dance.. blindfolded.. drunkenly... on the edge of  a precipice. You spun when you shoulda twirled and you fell off. Hit every rock on the way down, pretty ugly business. *snirk*"

PC, "Wait, what?"

MA, "You totally freakin' died. Way to go."

PC, "What!? But I feel fine.."

MA, "Except for the whole 'my head..' thing. Look around you, you aren't in Ka- uh, Cyrodiil anymore."

PC, "....oh no.."

MA, "Oh yes! Actually, this is quite fortuitous."

PC, "What!? How!? I died!"

MA, "Yeah, I know that sucked, but, well what I meant is that it's fortuitous for ME."

PC, "Are you the one that killed me?"

MA, "What? Pfft, no. I don't do that kinda thing. One of those spooky Dark Brotherhood guys stabbed the crap out of you. Like I said, it was pretty ugly."

PC, "Aw man.."

MA, "Yeah, anyways about my fortuitous happenstance. I need you to do something for me and the uh, people I work for. It's like, way big giant deal, end of the world stuff."

PC, "Does that mean I get to go back?"

MA, "No comment."

PC, "No comment? That's not fair! ... wait, what do you need me to do?"

MA, "Can't tell you."

PC, "Uh, if you want me to do something.."

MA, "Yeah, I know, but my orders are to be as horrifyingly cryptic as possible and hey, guess what, it's your lucky day! *grins*"

PC, "You sure this isn't some kind of hellish Oblivion realm?"

MA, "No comment. Now off with you, go figure out what we need you to do, and uh, good luck with that!"

Awesome. Thats actually almost right on the spot if what I envisioned. Aside from a few very minor tweakings it more then fits the bill. Ill send this off to the guy whos voice acting for me and get some stuff on that. Ill get back to you on anything else that might need fixing, but for now this is great.Thanks again.

Glad you like it!  aa_biggrin.gif  Definitely let me know what else you need.  You mentioned maybe needing a book/books written?  I could get down with that!  Actually, you should totally have Adrius write one of them!  That dialogue is hysterical and Elder Scrolls can always use another funny book!

Ya. Ill think up some themes for books and let you know about that as well. This mod is really going to need some lore within it to make it believable.

Absolutely.  Lore makes everything better. lol  And I'll do my best to make sure it fits in with existing lore.  I had to do several hours of research on the ancient ayleids to make the brief lore in our mod work without conflicting horribly with established history.  Think I did pretty well.  aa_biggrin.gif