DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Future of TES Alliance

DarkRider

Hail Elders, VIPs, and Allies,

Ten years ago I joined the Elder Scrolls community and in the interest of sharing the knowledge I'd gathered I started TES Alliance to be a safe place of creativity, study, and free collaboration. I have never made money here, and I didn't start this to make money, modding and teaching are my passions, I have lead and maintained this site all these years for the sheer love of the craft and our community.

Those who have been here from the beginning know me well enough to know I don't often discuss my personal life at length on this forum, but today, the future of TES Alliance is tied to my own and it looks a bit grim at the moment.

We received word a few days ago that the man who owns the house we've been renting for years has spontaneously decided to sell, it goes on the market tomorrow. With no notice, we have to scramble to pack up our life here and move. Problem is, my wife's job is the primary source of our rent and we recently started a bankruptcy program to rehabilitate her student loan debt. We did this before the news that we were losing our home so now, we're losing our home, and no one will rent to us. We don't qualify for any home loans or assistance programs because of the bankruptcy; the owner's timing is really the worst it could be. June 1st, we will be homeless, with our two little girls. :(

We are currently running a GoFundMe to raise the money to discharge the bankruptcy and put a down payment on a new home so that the credit issues are no longer a hurdle. If you would like to help you can make a donation or share the link to tell our story, we'd really appreciate it.

https://www.gofundme.com/1-new-home-for-2-little-girls

I'm sharing the story here because I'm not sure how long we will be in transit or how long I can maintain TESA and her server while trying to keep a roof over our heads any way I can. I will give as much notice as possible before closing the site down if that happens. In the meantime, the TESA team is here to keep things running and as long as our members keep kicking into the servers the site may weather this just fine. I just don't want there to be any surprises.

TES Alliance is still my passion, you all have been like family for years. I'm grateful for this time we've had together and if the Nine are willing we will carry on here for many years and many Scrolls to come.

Cheers, and Happy Modding! :toast:

• Upvote 6

:glomp: 

I believe sites like this should live forever and those that make it friendly, lovely, and a purposeful home should be rewarded.

I thought the biggest issue was 2,500 donations not being met.  Now it is worse.

Thank you for letting us know.   Hang in there!

Hugs!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, DarkRider said:

Thanks for all of the support folks, the TES community really does know how to move mountains. :toast:

Just want to make sure it's clear, I will do everything I can to keep TESA up and running, so no one panic yet! :dizzy:

What about Druid Gameworks? Will you be able to maintain it too? And what about merging to two sites? Would this make the whole of it less expensive?

While I'm not in a position to help with your extremely unfortunate and moving personal situation I am in a position to ensure that TES Alliance remains available to all if you're interested.

There are any number of ways that this could be accomplished but the simplest solution would be to just provide payment for hosting.  Please reach out if this is of interest.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jdsmith2816 said:

While I'm not in a position to help with your extremely unfortunate and moving personal situation I am in a position to ensure that TES Alliance remains available to all if you're interested.

There are any number of ways that this could be accomplished but the simplest solution would be to just provide payment for hosting.  Please reach out if this is of interest.

Welcome. :) There is a donation button toward the top of the forum. :D It works pretty good.

• Upvote 1

Hey DarkRider, sorry to hear about your situation. In the US It's a universal rule as far as I know, that land lords must give a 30 day notice for eviction. Also if you are on a lease, the eviction notice time frame is usually longer than 30 days (depending on state and duration remaining on the lease). So you shouldn't simply fold up shop, 3 days notice is BS, and that landlord should be ashamed of himself.

Incidentally, unless you have eviction paperwork issued by the landlord 30 days ago, you don't have to go anywhere. He can't force you out, the cops won't remove you without a court order which would never be issued until actual eviction paperwork is ordered, so DO NOT LEAVE. You have rights and even without the means to getting a lawyer, the burden of the situation is entire on your D-bag of a landlord

EDIT: I looked it up and Illinois requires 30 days notice for eviction unless you have failed to keep up on the rent. If you are late, he can give you a 5 day written warning to pay or evict, and then if you fail that 5 day notice, he then must give you a 30 day eviction notice IN WRITING. The pay warning must be 10 days if you have a lease which is greater than 1 month. Burden of proof in any case against you to evict is on your land lord. You DO NOT have to leave. He also cannot force you out by shutting off utilities and the like.

http://www.illinoislawyerfinder.com/articles/you-and-the-law/home/what-you-should-do-if-being-evicted

Edited by icecreamassassin
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

On the TESA front she's safe for now thanks to the Civil War RolePlay team on TESA's RP boards. They've pledged to continue helping so the site should be fine now until I'm able to pick up the slack again. :toast:

For my personal situation, we have a good prospect on a new rental home but we're a couple grand shy of covering the expenses, hopefully we can fundraise a bit more and resume some level of normal soon. We only see my wife once a week on her day off now; which has been particularly rough on the kids :(

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DarkRider said:

On the TESA front she's safe for now thanks to the Civil War RolePlay team on TESA's RP boards. They've pledged to continue helping so the site should be fine now until I'm able to pick up the slack again. :toast:

For my personal situation, we have a good prospect on a new rental home but we're a couple grand shy of covering the expenses, hopefully we can fundraise a bit more and resume some level of normal soon. We only see my wife once a week on her day off now; which has been particularly rough on the kids :(

Hope you get that break soon. Kind of in the same situation here with my wife working all the time too. May be rough on the kids, but I know it isn't easy on you either. Chin up my friend, better times are ahead. :toast:

Edited by Arion
  • Upvote 2