DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Future of TES Alliance

DarkRider

Just found out about this situation -- very sorry to hear it. I've been away from TESA for a while due to a combination of crazy work hours and some medical issues (all better now). Donated in gratitude for all you and this site have done for modding, and because it's the decent and right thing to do.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Folks, just wanted to update on our situation. Firstly, we've had quite a few folks offer to help with TESA's dues as they come up, so it's looking like the site is safe for the foreseeable future, all hail the Alliance! :toast:

In other news, the Rider Family has a new prospective rental home, a peaceful house in the country held by a very kind and compassionate landlady who is willing to disregard the student loan debt issue and credit scores in return for a few months rent in advance. We still need to raise about $2500 for the security, movers, and to replace some things we lost in the hasty move like our washing machine. If you would like to pledge our link is here: https://www.gofundme.com/1-new-home-for-2-little-girls 

We're now offering some cute rewards by my oldest daughter! If you already pledged, GoFundMe doesn't seem to award anything backward, but rest assured we will still honor your pledge with a gift manually! :bow:

Thanks for all the support, it means so much coming from the TESA family. :loveTESA:

• Upvote 4

Just an update here, we signed a lease this morning and we are no longer homeless, officially! :dance:

We are still fundraising to cover moving costs and to replace the old appliances that are in the place now, they don't work, so if you can help out or just share my fundraiser with your family/friends offline that'd be awesome. I'm really grateful for everyone's support through this :loveTESA:

For now we're cleaning and painting and trying to make a home out of this diamond in the rough! Almost to the other side of this overhaul :lmao:

Enlight1.jpg

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, its definitely good to be home and all together, we just brought our cat home to put the last piece of the puzzle together. :)

I wish I could report things are starting to get back to normal now but it seems we've gone from frying pan to fire as my wife has lost her job and our primary source of income. Not sure how long we will be able to stay here, her unemployment benefits haven't started yet and rent is due on the 15th :bagged:

If you are able to donate to my GoFundMe to keep us afloat I appreciate it. If you're unable to donate, please just share the link with your family and friends, help us keep our home. :faint:

• 5 years later...
On 5/27/2017 at 3:46 AM, DarkRider said:

Hail Elders, VIPs, and Allies,

Ten years ago I joined the Elder Scrolls community and in the interest of sharing the knowledge I'd gathered I started TES Alliance to be a safe place of creativity, study, and free collaboration. I have never made money here, and I didn't start this to make money, modding and teaching are my passions, I have lead and maintained this site all these years for the sheer love of the craft and our community.

Those who have been here from the beginning know me well enough to know I don't often discuss my personal life at length on this forum, but today, the future of TES Alliance is tied to my own and it looks a bit grim at the moment.

We received word a few days ago that the man who owns the house we've been renting for years has spontaneously decided to sell, it goes on the market tomorrow. With no notice, we have to scramble to pack up our life here and move. Problem is, my wife's job is the primary source of our rent and we recently started a bankruptcy program to rehabilitate her student loan debt. We did this before the news that we were losing our home so now, we're losing our home, and no one will rent to us. We don't qualify for any home loans or assistance programs because of the bankruptcy; the owner's timing is really the worst it could be. June 1st, we will be homeless, with our two little girls. :(  g

We are currently running a GoFundMe to raise the money to discharge the bankruptcy and put a down payment on a new home so that the credit issues are no longer a hurdle. If you would like to help you can make a donation or share the link to tell our story, we'd really appreciate it.

https://www.gofundme.com/1-new-home-for-2-little-girls

I'm sharing the story here because I'm not sure how long we will be in transit or how long I can maintain TESA and her server while trying to keep a roof over our heads any way I can. I will give as much notice as possible before closing the site down if that happens. In the meantime, the TESA team is here to keep things running and as long as our members keep kicking into the servers the site may weather this just fine. I just don't want there to be any surprises.

TES Alliance is still my passion, you all have been like family for years. I'm grateful for this time we've had together and if the Nine are willing we will carry on here for many years and many Scrolls to come.

Cheers, and Happy Modding! :toast:

Greetings! I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere appreciation for the time
I spent reading your post. I found the informative content to be incredibly engaging and
I am grateful for the effort you put into writing it. Your willingness to share your
knowledge and insights is truly commendable and I am thankful for the valuable information
 that you have provided. Thank you again for your outstanding contribution. :coffee:

Edited by kakima85
  • Thanks 1