DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello everyone.

JoeDaFalloutNoob

Hello everyone, I'm Joe. I found the site through the Creation Kit Wiki's tutorial section. I've been learning VB and C# for work, and since Papyrus isn't horribly dissimilar I thought I might as well learn how to create mods. Hopefully one day I can stop griping about things that I'd like to see in the game that aren't there, and start making them instead.

• Upvote 2

:D Welcome to DF.

I will warn you now though, that modding beth games is horribly addicting....... and it prompts you to start collecting tools so that you can make bigger, more complicated mods. My condolences to your social life.

We are happy to have ya here. :D

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

I will warn you now though, that modding beth games is horribly addicting....... and it prompts you to start collecting tools so that you can make bigger, more complicated mods. My condolences to your social life.

Thanx! LOL, my game tools have a better social life than I do anyway, so nothing lost there.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HeyYou said:

so true. for me...it all started with getting the PC version of skyrim. Then I said to myself..'ok, just a few patches so the game behaves better, nothing else.' Then after watching a tutorial on how to start adding mods to the game and having a couple mod mentions, I started thinking, 'well....lets see what kind of stuff other people have made'. I started finding stuff I really liked, but I got to thinking, 'I like this house layout, but I like the features of this other one better, but I really wish it was at this location instead.'  So I found someone mentioning somewhere that the creation kit was easy to start learning. I found tutorial videos and started trying to learn. and now I am here with several mod ideas and I may not even do just house mods. I haven't totally decided yet. lol  but it all started with 'just a couple patches'. But ya...addictive. 

• Upvote 1

It is addictive.  It is also for the those that want to be part of creation/empowerment.

It is also easy to forget how we do something, so we try to post it on various websites to keep the knowledge alive.

Welcome, share any thoughts.  Maybe one of us can team up with you to ease the pain.

• 1 month later...