DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Need help not sure if I'm doing everything alright I'm scared

RedPassenger

I've successfully created a pair of heels in Blender 2.78. I've been longing to use them in Skyrim since yesterday. *Images down below*

I've assigned each object a singular material, all uv mapped textures and there are no n-gons, no duplicate vertices, no too many polygons what not no problems

I've arrived to the point where I have to prepare for nif export. (Following this tutorial right here http://wiki.tesnexus...Skyrim._Part_2)

So here is what I have/prepared/done in no particular order

• applied scale, rotation and location
  • deleted everything aside from what I need. (no cameras, no lights; just the components that make up the shoes and the feet see 'image#2 image#3')
  • smoothed shading
  • user versions under scene panel to 12 and 83
  • Niftools options in object tab set to 'image#4 image#5' for every object. Some of them had different options such as NiNode for Nif Root Node at first instead of BSFadeNode which I've set to manually because the tutorial that I've been following told me so (kinda vaguely so that's why I've doubts on this one. I have a back up of a version before I set them all the same so I can use that)
  • maximum weight applied to everything
  • the rotation, angle height location and scale are matched to another mesh from a Skyrim mod that I've been using see 'image#6' it might not be perfect but I don't mind coming back and tweaking if should there be seams, clipping or what not

What I haven't done that I've read around one should or stuff that I think might cause problems

• I've not imported skeleton only + parents from the reference mesh I was using. However I can't do this on Blender 2.78 as I don't have or can't find the option to do so when I import the .nif file. 
  • Some assigned materials have more than just diffuse maps. I've included some with subsurface scattering, normal maps, specular maps. I'm not sure how can all that translate when I export into a single .nif file...
  • When exporting into a .nif file I get a few warning messages telling me how textures are being merged because they are the same blah blah
  • Also, does the name I type in the Nif Long Name section in NifTools Shader section under objects tab matter? I've wrote what I liked for each object separately

I've done an experimental .nif export with what I got and it was successful. The exported nif file however showed nothing but a white line with a dot at the end when opened in my NifSkope. And there is where I kinda stopped and decided to get some supervision for what I've done so far. (see image#7)

Also there are no BSLightingShader property, I am a complete noob to NifSkope but I've read somewhere that that's where some important data are supposedly stored under NiTriShapeData...

Also I'm using NifSkope 1.2.0 Alpha 2 because I had stupid bugs with 2.0.0 Alpha 6. I do however have Blender 2.49b with PyPPFFFFYY i forgot name installed, should it become a necessity.

If anyone knowledgeable in the art of making Skyrim mods especially some sexy heels, could point out some possible problems or guide me through NifSkope until creation kit (I think I can handle learning how to use creation kit by myself); I'd really really really appreciate it <3 I want my heels in game and I still feel so far away from that goal : ( even though essentially the models and textures (most time consuming?) are already done!

cde89792e1e8e81f9aa9718e90c4703c.jpg

d35e0f29feb7c42c54ba2e4e1dbe0a6c.png

e71aaf68f37bb23a7a9e7e70b2fd94a4.png

21999e531304a21fcd38e34a380e7cdd.png

4b2377349cbbad57b1474ec1b9a03422.png

9ee7bdeac9dadb5f23fc73989dd1fde3.png

837b0d495dc88a0d9e3063cbf320b052.png