DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Sky] About Inns (structure question)

dolphin66th

Hi all.... 

I'm revisiting a mod I had abandoned a while ago because there were too many mistakes.  I've scrapped the old version and am starting from scratch.  Here's my question:

The farmhouse inns in Skyrim are fairly generic.  Most of them look pretty similar.  The only thing I copied on purpose was lighting, however my inn reminds me way too much of the Sleeping Giant in Riverwood, less Delphine's secret door, except for the guest rooms which are more unique.  I tried to make it look similar to vanilla inns, but not to copy exactly (decor is different, I'm talking about structure and furniture).  So given that most of the inns in Skyrim look fairly similar in structure, is that a huge problem?  I really want some chairs where people can sit by the fire and that's really the best place to put them.

Incidentally on this same note, last night I tried to walk into a wall twice before I realized the reason why was that the mod I was using changed the vanilla structure of the inn, so the door was moved.  I guess I don't want to change the vanilla structure too much because the player will *expect* the same layout as every other inn in the game.  I took a look at Vilemyr and Frostfruit and their structure is the same - tables in the same places and what not.   The only thing different is the chairs by the fire, and I plan to have a bard there, so it would make sense to have it.  So is it a problem if it looks similar to Riverwood's inn?

snowfrost.png

Edited by dolphin66th

• 1 year later...

Sorry I just came across this.

I had a hard time understanding what you wanted.

I am guessing you are not ACTUALLY modifying any of the vanilla structures.

I am guessing you are COPYING building blocks of a vanilla building to a cell YOU created.

If you are copying a vanilla room, which is okay, then it is NEVER a problem for you to structure the NEW room any way you want it to be.

You are better off creating a new NAVMESH inside your inn as well.  Walking into walls  /  doorways will never be a problem.

• 9 months later...