DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Need some advanced mod cleaning advice

syscrusher

Hello, all!

It's been a long time coming, but Rathunas just finally went out of beta last week. I have found a minor issue that I want to clean up, though, just to be a good citizen with respect to exterior cells.

I have a few cells where I edited in my own area, but either just barely touched the terrain in an adjacent cell, or modified the pathgrid in *my* cell but thereby affected a link to the adjacent cell's otherwise-unmodified pathgrid.

What I'd like to do is to back off the edits within my own cell so they are a ways back from the boundary, then use TES4Edit to zap all edits of pathgrid and landscape in the adjacent cell, thereby making it untouched by my mod.

If I use TES4Edit to zap the adjacent cell edits first, then this leaves a tear in the landscape (as one would expect). The problem is that I don't have a way to match my cell's edge up to the other cell's edge, because in doing so I would once again touch the other cell just slightly and thereby contaminate it.

For pathgrid, I can zap the pathgrid record in the other cell using TES4Edit, but that leaves orphan node links in the pathgrid record for my own cell, and my initial testing (with a copy, not my original ESP) suggests that this leads to a lot of CTDs.

I've got to believe someone else has solved this. Any ideas? Is there a tool out there to selectively remove modifications by area? I can deal with a tear *within* my cell, because then I could just smooth it out in the CSE.

Ideas, anyone? Thanks!