ColonelKillaBee

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

1,032 posts in this topic

One last note that only came to me after watching. Varys sucks. 

Seriously. This guy is supposed to be scary good at his job, right? So good that people often mistake him for a sorcerer. How the hell did nobody on team Dany know about the King in the North by the time Melisandre got there? Varys should've known that shit in days, if not within hours of landing. We know it wasn't some secret because Cersie knew before the start of the last episode. 

Hot Pie found out before they did. Let that sink it.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor

4 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Still, it's a pretty underwhelming "secret weapon". Like, the last time a shady old man took one of the Lannisters into a tunnel to show off some firepower, they revealed wildfire, something that actually warranted being hidden. I was hoping for more, myself. Considering Qyburn is a damn necromancer already. Would've been a nice time to introduce the horn.

Speaking of magic, I was rewatching the Euron scene last night and it got me wondering if there wasn't more to his attack than just an unlikely scenario. This is the second time we've seen him bringing down his enemies, and just like the first time with Balon, a terrible storm surrounded him. Remember how he said that he is "the storm. The first storm and the last"? Well now we're seeing him sailing into battle under the cover of a massive thunderstorm that doesn't do any damage to his ships. Maybe he was able to roll up on the other Greyjoys undetected because he did some hocus pocus blood magicky shit like in the books and summoned a storm that pushed his sails onward and kept him hidden. There was definitely a very strange vibe to it all. It would also explain his extreme confidence besides him just being crazy if he actually had an ace up how sleeve.

They probably should've introduced the horn then, though I think the ballista was probably introduced instead so Cersei is lured into a false sense of confidence by it and then that leads to her downfall. But it does have historical precedent for killing dragons that anything else he might've created or found (except the horn) doesn't. Although the shot that killed Meraxes was supposedly a lucky one so I doubt the ballista is going to be that effective unless some show magic takes place.

As for Varys, I can think of two reasons for him not knowing or mentioning it. Either being on Dragonstone (assuming that's where he's been)has disconnected him from his little birds, or its bad writing. I'm thinking the latter since he's never had trouble finding stuff out before.

46 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Hide contents

Still, it's a pretty underwhelming "secret weapon". Like, the last time a shady old man took one of the Lannisters into a tunnel to show off some firepower, they revealed wildfire, something that actually warranted being hidden. I was hoping for more, myself. Considering Qyburn is a damn necromancer already. Would've been a nice time to introduce the horn.

Speaking of magic, I was rewatching the Euron scene last night and it got me wondering if there wasn't more to his attack than just an unlikely scenario. This is the second time we've seen him bringing down his enemies, and just like the first time with Balon, a terrible storm surrounded him. Remember how he said that he is "the storm. The first storm and the last"? Well now we're seeing him sailing into battle under the cover of a massive thunderstorm that doesn't do any damage to his ships. Maybe he was able to roll up on the other Greyjoys undetected because he did some hocus pocus blood magicky shit like in the books and summoned a storm that pushed his sails onward and kept him hidden. There was definitely a very strange vibe to it all. It would also explain his extreme confidence besides him just being crazy if he actually had an ace up how sleeve.

That's what me and Balrog were talking about earlier. That storm was too timely and would explain the ambush.

Euron is clearly the "bad" king of the Iron Islands, but damn I'm starting to like him. 

I wish Jon would've just killed Littlefinger right then and there. I don't trust Sansa with The North. I'm expecting Sam's father to side with Cersi, and **** man how did Jorah not pass the **** out after the first layer was cut off.

Edited by CenturionAquilarius

Oh and Daeneyrs managed to seal the deal of me not liking her for anything but nude scenes with a single line. "Bend the knee"

Eyyyyy Missandei:tongue:

Edited by CenturionAquilarius

11 minutes ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

Euron is clearly the "bad" king of the Iron Islands, but damn I'm starting to like him. 

Hide contents

I wish Jon would've just killed Littlefinger right then and there. I don't trust Sansa with The North. I'm expecting Sam's father to side with Cersi, and **** man how did Jorah not pass the **** out after the first layer was cut off.

Same here. Euron killed or captured most of the characters on Dany's side that I don't like. Lol, by kicking their asses, he actually made them more likable. Also, that was the kind of badass savagery that I've always wanted to see from the Ironborn. 

As for Jorah, I'm more curious why the hell Sam didn't give him some milk of the poppy. You have your fantasy morphine. Use it!

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That's what me and Balrog were talking about earlier. That storm was too timely and would explain the ambush.

I hope this is the case. It would really solve the issue of how he reached them so quickly and without being seen. Still dumb that they didn't expect him, but at least it would help explain how he immediately was on top of them before anyone knew he was there.