DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Custom WorldSpace Please Help

TigerCubofPNW

I am so lost.

I created my custom worldspace. But now whenever I try to enter it, I get immediate CTD. Navmeshing is all done. So the only thing I can think of that's causing it to freak out is I need to create LOD

Thing is, I've created custom worldspaces and gone into them before and not had this CTD issue

But anyway, I venture into the horrifying world of creating LOD and in addition to the 67 programs I need, apparently this process creates a bajillion weird-ass files. I look at some of the custom worldspace mods I've downloaded, the only thing in them is an esp. No weird-ass files. They work just fine.

So... Is LOD really needed? What the hell is going on? If the LOD isn't causing my CTD, then what is?

Someone who knows how this works please help me. Please?

The ctds you are experiencing have nothing to do with the absence of lod. You must fix that problem first before thinking about generating the lod. There's nothing much we can do to help there; you'll have to revise your world space entirely until you find out why it's crashing your game.

To answer your other question, yes, lod generation for your world space is necessary. Otherwise, you'll see far away things popoing up weirdly while you move in it. :)

There's nothing much we can do to help there; you'll have to revise your world space entirely until you find out why it's crashing your game.

Oh well, no problem then.... *eyeroll*

Thanks at least for replying. I've spent days sifting through threads looking for any ideas, trying different fixes, performing a variety of diagnostic tests. Best case scenario, I have to chuck the current worldspace and build a new one from scratch. For no reason. That may or may not work, and it may only work for a bit until it decides not to. But that's a week of my time CK doesn't get to have.

So, into the trash with the mod!

7 minutes ago, TigerCubofPNW said:

Oh well, no problem then.... *eyeroll*.
So, into the trash with the mod!

You don't need to trash your world space.

• How did you make your world space? Is it new from scratch?
  • In what circumstances do the ctds occur? On loading a save with the mod active? After having loaded a save with the mod active and trying to access the world space?
  • How many cells does it count?
  • Did you add light bulbs in it, especially that have shadows?
Edited by ladyonthemoon

Made Worldspace from scratch. All settings are identical or at least comparable to similar World Spaces

Skyrim loads fine, is fine, all is well until I try to enter the exterior cell I made through any of the three doors leading to it

I have no idea what you mean about counting cells

There is no lighting in the exterior cell

When I COC to the world space, the game locks up. I'm staring at a sky-blue screen, but not the actual sky. All controls are suspended. I can't do anything but go to the console and teleport back out.

I've generated a new "test" exterior cell, gone to it, no issues, so my method for creating exterior cells is fine. I've also been to my exterior cell some time back and there was no issue. 

So I am left with the conclusion the worldspace has become corrupt, which is inexplicable and if something like that can happen, then well why go through the effort again? :(

I've copied the world space to its own esp. Something weird happened to one of the cells during the copy, which may be linked to the issue with the world space being corrupted. In any case, it's basically representative of the issue. You can see the world space in CK, but if you COC to it in game you get nothing but sky blue and lock up

I appreciate the help and input LotM. I really do. I just don't think there's a solution.

Edited by TigerCubofPNW

51 minutes ago, TigerCubofPNW said:

I've copied the world space to its own esp. Something weird happened to one of the cells during the copy, which may be linked to the issue with the world space being corrupted. In any case, it's basically representative of the issue. You can see the world space in CK, but if you COC to it in game you get nothing but sky blue and lock up

I appreciate the help and input LotM. I really do. I just don't think there's a solution.

I downloaded the zip; you can delete it in your previous post. :)

The fix is easy: you must remove the "Fixed dimensions" you set for your world; I had to remove them in order to access it. I removed them on the screen shot below:

Capture3.thumb.JPG.0e9067dd425afab0106832dcd057d1c2.JPG

Your world doesn't look that bad at all! You have a lot of work left but you're on the good track! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

You see how the mountains look in the background? That's because you haven't generated the lod yet. Finish your world space first before generating them. ;)

20170801203315_1.thumb.jpg.06fa754f58b0f8fabf6921bdb390d359.jpg

I appreciate you taking the time to look into it LotM. I wish it were that simple. But unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue. However, since it's working on your end (thank you for that) then there's something screwed up with my Skyrim. So I can now shift my diagnostics to that.

Appreciate all your help.

Just now, TigerCubofPNW said:

I appreciate you taking the time to look into it LotM. I wish it were that simple. But unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue. However, since it's working on your end (thank you for that) then there's something screwed up with my Skyrim. So I can now shift my diagnostics to that.

Appreciate all your help.

The problem might be with the rest of your plugin; you gave me only the world space, not the rest.

Just now, TigerCubofPNW said:

No, I'm having the issue with the part I sent you. Like I said, it's my Skyrim. It does love to task me. But I never would have figured it was the issue without your help

What command did you use to access the world space? I used

coc southreachfortress

from the load menu. I didn't load a save, my game was modded and I tested it with Skyrim Special Edition; the picture was made in that edition.

So, after a series of repairs and such to my Skyrim, things are now looking correct both in the main mod and the tidbit mod I sent you. I am endlessly grateful to you for helping me run down this issue, as it was driving me completely bonkers.

I am still confused why mods that have custom world spaces don't have any LOD texture files or folders. Is it just that they didn't want to, perhaps? Just want to be sure there isn't a step I'm missing.

Thanks again!

52 minutes ago, TigerCubofPNW said:

So, after a series of repairs and such to my Skyrim, things are now looking correct both in the main mod and the tidbit mod I sent you. I am endlessly grateful to you for helping me run down this issue, as it was driving me completely bonkers.

I am still confused why mods that have custom world spaces don't have any LOD texture files or folders. Is it just that they didn't want to, perhaps? Just want to be sure there isn't a step I'm missing.

Thanks again!

You must generate the lod, it doesn't come by itself. When you have finished your world space, use my tutorial and the files that go with it, it's working for both the original and the special editions as long as you use the CK for the original edition: