Witchking_of_Angmar

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

President of Tamriel   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for president?

• Corio Adorin - "You'll be adorin' a future with Corio."
    • Theodore Adrard - "Winner of High Rock's annual backstabbing competition."
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw - "A mad, mad wolf in a mad, mad world."
    • Theudofrid - "On second thought, let's not vote someone from Tamriel. 'Tis a silly place.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
385 posts in this topic

So we've got:

-A psychologically unstable wolfman.

-A guy who doesn't know the concept of separating church and state.

-A butter elf.

-An experienced politician.

They all sound so horrific. I'm gonna give it to the type of bloodsucker that I'm used to.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

@The_Good_Doctor I remember but you know, opinions could change.

Fair enough. Mine hasn't. FO4's characters mostly still suck. The companions are still pretty good. Cliched as all hell aside from a few, but they do have personality.

1 minute ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

I see people like to vote for the silly candidates. 

Krojun, Rebec, and frontrunner Theo are silly candidates?

Just now, The_Good_Doctor said:

Krojun, Rebec, and frontrunner Theo are silly candidates?

It was a play on Theudofrid's slogan. 

Rebec?

Honestly coming from the guy who made the character I think Theodore would be a better choice then Theudofrid, Druidic Theocracy in Tamriel wouldn't work s well. 

1 minute ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

It was a play on Theudofrid's slogan. 

Rebec?

Oh. XD Good one. 

Sorry, Baldur. I was thinking about that joke about Baldur being the First Lady and how Colonel was unhappy that it didn't get to be so. My brain translated that as Rebec beating him when I was typing that out. Plus I voted for her to stop the elven nonsense, which probably also had me thinking along those lines.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor

Oh wow 4-1 already! Lol. I hope you all vote quickly this time instead of waiting so I can vote from the nominees before leaving.

Oh and out of this group, Theo4life!

19 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Fair enough. Mine hasn't. FO4's characters mostly still suck. The companions are still pretty good. Cliched as all hell aside from a few, but they do have personality.

The only characters that I consider memorable from FO4 are the companions, Maxson, Shaun, and the McDonough (is that how you spell it), but even then most of them are pretty boring to me. I used to be a fan of Piper, because she was hands down the best looking, but now the whole reporter thing and the have to be a blanket "light" character on the dark v light scale is annoying. Maxson is still my boy in that game though. He's the only reason I will start it up anymore. Though I'm gonna uninstall F4 and SSE because of the CC

I think the F4 companions would feel a lot better to me if they had the same options for conversation that NV had. The dialogue system in F4 seems to be the root of most problems I see with that game.

Just now, CenturionAquilarius said:

I think the F4 companions would feel a lot better to me if they had the same options for conversation that NV had. The dialogue system in F4 seems to be the root of most problems I see with that game.

Agreed. After you complete their quests and max out affinity, they just become very hollow feeling. Like, they're really interesting for a short burst and then they just don't have anything good to add for the rest of the playthrough (Nick Valentine being the exception, thanks to Far Harbor). I do like that very occasionally they might pipe in unexpectedly when you're having a conversation with someone else, or comment on a location. But other than that they're just a random gun at your side.

Compare that to, say, Veronica. She has an equal if not greater amount of dialogue going on with her personal quest, and she comments on locations and factions as you approach them with snide or informative remarks. So at that point, she's basically a FO4 companion. But then on top of that, she has like a ton of extra misc dialogue that you can get from just stopping and talking to her. You can ask about irrelevant details of her past like her relationships and home life. You can learn her favorite snack foods and that she likes wearing dresses. You can get her opinions on all the major players. Hell, you can even let her look at the Platinum Chip and find out a little early that it is advanced technology before House gets a chance to tell you. And after every major stage in the MQ, she has a new thought to share about the choices you've made, just like all the others.

^ once again, Doc puts my scrambled thoughts and quickly typed words into a nice paragraph form that others can digest easily lol

Looks like Theodore takes it! We usually have 8 votes and 6 have voted now with Theo having a three point lead!

So for the Presidency it's:

1. Krojun

2. Baldur

3. Theodore

Whos yalls running partners? Like vice-president.

Edited by CenturionAquilarius

Looks like Theodore takes it! We usually have 8 votes and 6 have voted now with Theo having a three point lead!

So for the Presidency it's:

1. Krojun

2. Baldur

3. Theodore

Sounds like we've got ourselves a Clash of Kings.

2 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Sounds like we've got ourselves a Clash of Kings.

IMG_0646.JPG.5b1d26b918de4ce804c200d6cb101711.JPGIMG_0648.thumb.PNG.df894527efea3645fbbecb608d976fe2.PNG

Let's make a GRRM style tome out of this race!

Let's make a GRRM style tome out of this race!

The way his name is printed there with the RRs forming a sword is so damn cool.

5 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

The way his name is printed there with the RRs forming a sword is so damn cool.

It's a pretty cool set. The only thing that sucks is there two more books to be released that aren't a part of the set and that will drive my fake-OCD absolutely insane.

Oh god's witch. ****. What did you have to ruin the poll with a Monty Python Holy Grail reference? When will the internet be free of them? When will this horror end?

Just now, bigbossbalrog said:

Oh god's witch. ****. What did you have to ruin the poll with a Monty Python Holy Grail reference? When will the internet be free of them? When will this horror end?

I think you need to just look on the bright side of life.