Witchking_of_Angmar

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

President of Tamriel   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for president?

• Corio Adorin - "You'll be adorin' a future with Corio."
    • Theodore Adrard - "Winner of High Rock's annual backstabbing competition."
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw - "A mad, mad wolf in a mad, mad world."
    • Theudofrid - "On second thought, let's not vote someone from Tamriel. 'Tis a silly place.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
599 posts in this topic

We'll miss you and your Ubbe Mcvikingnord ;-;

In your great honor we'll drink root bear and sing.

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea **** that

It gets a lot more lax after training. Caleb has been in Cuba for months now and we talk and send pictures almost every day. Honestly, it seems like he's on vacation. It's all beaches and scuba diving and shit. Haven't seen a thing that was Army related. His two times in Germany were a little more strict, but they were only a month each and when he came back 99% of what he had to talk about was how great their beer and women were. That, and some ****ty guy he took orders from who made him work when it wasn't his time to in order to cover his own ass for something. Don't remember the details.

They just really try to make you theirs during Basics. Even during his very few calls home, he only got to speak for a couple minutes on a single call. It's an intense few months. 

Outside of Basic and other schools it's basically a 9-5 job. The infantry is a little different, but still it's not like basic, that's when they break you down and remold you.

Holy shit the Wild Hunt just happened in Elder Scrolls Total War.

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Holy shit the Wild Hunt just happened in Elder Scrolls Total War.

RIP

Just now, The_Good_Doctor said:

RIP

RIP for the Thalmor man, they are the ones at war with Valenwood. Hehe kinda ironic huh?

Well I was looking on the Souls sub reddit for dank memes, and I found this instead. 

Well, if you guys want to read a pseudo gender studies student get ripped apart by novices in the field read this. "Gives me conniptions". Dragon Age fanboys pfft. They should look to the Souls series as an example to write good female, and transgender characters, not Bioware games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/6nzo2h/bachelor_thesis_on_dark_souls_games_conclusion/

Hey Balrog is it just me or can you not upgrade castles in the mod as well?

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hey Balrog is it just me or can you not upgrade castles in the mod as well?

Haven't played much to be honest. Don't know.

5 hours ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Got two. The one who went to Benning is Infantry. The other is an MP currently stationed at Gitmo until he comes home next summer. He'll only have a year left in the Army after that, then his 6 will be up.

Wow, your family is doing some serious service. Kudos.

Read that reddit link about DS/ Dragon Age. I don't know much about DS but I consider "less discussion about gender" to be a good thing. It's like I told Colonel when he was nervous about writing a female character- if you focus on the humanity of the character, the gender stuff takes care of itself. If you focus on the gender stuff, you end up with a caricature. The DA fandom's obsession with critical theory everything hurts the franchise's storytelling IMO. The best storytelling focuses on what's common to humanity, not on our external characteristics.

Edited by Celan

14 minutes ago, Celan said:

Read that reddit link about DS/ Dragon Age. I don't know much about DS but I consider "less discussion about gender" to be a good thing. It's like I told Colonel when he was nervous about writing a female character- if you focus on the humanity of the character, the gender stuff takes care of itself. If you focus on the gender stuff, you end up with a caricature. The DA fandom's obsession with critical theory everything hurts the franchise's storytelling IMO. The best storytelling focuses on what's common to humanity, not on our external characteristics.

Agreed. That's why I like in the Souls series almost all the females (Except the spell casters) wear practical, full plate armor.

hzcile6.jpg'

sieglinde-of-catarina.jpg

You can't tell their a female until you hear their voice. And they never mention gender at all.

Another good example is Dark Sun Gywndalion.

1*LHZrdB_xI88oI_DbmvP8DQ.png

Probably one of the most powerful remaining gods, she's a brutal boss fight, or a very strong ally/liege lord. But the thing is, she was born a boy, and raised a girl because of his/her affinity to the moon. Yet it's only regulated to a single item description. Nobody makes a big deal about her in the game. If it was Bioware, the introductory boss scene, and her dialouge would be filled with "I was born a boy but i'm a girl, look how brave i am!" (Those two characters in Adromeda and Inquistion was so ******* cringey) In Gywn's case, most people think she's just a woman. It dosen't make a big deal she's transgender. And as one of the most iconic characters in the series, nobody has a problem with her. I wish Bioware would handle their trans characters like that. 

OH and BTW @TheCzarsHussar LOL, I rember you suffering from Skyrim and something else because of the unrealistic Norse Armor, hopefully this cures you :devil:

GKS4m7k.jpg

uho5if2.jpg

3 minutes ago, bigbossbalrog said:

OH and BTW @TheCzarsHussar LOL, I rember you suffering from Skyrim and something else because of the unrealistic Norse Armor, hopefully this cures you :devil:

GKS4m7k.jpg

uho5if2.jpg

Pfft, you know I've moved on from Viking Age maille hardons to Varangian/Eastern Viking hardons.

Sexy maille and scale/lamellar is sexy.

Yeah I admit it, when Viking and Byzantine influence make a baby the result is beautiful

EDIT: Well not Viking but Scandinavian, I'm sure some went on Vikings but the era was long since over.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Mail/ lamellar and realistic female depiction, love this Russian artist, Bulat Gulvanov

55325a80ba13f05b430fae981778d2fa--female

0127bece671f179cc81f4f9027694784.jpg

2 hours ago, Celan said:

Still not sure where Ysana falls on that spectrum but lol she is what she is by now.

LOL found another really cool pice of art. According to the book, Miyzaki had a phobia of Dragons when he was little (For some reasons), and they still give him nightmares. Alot of the Dragon bosses are based on his nightmares. Maybe that's why there so horrible to look at. I think Ocerious the Consumed King gives the gaping Dragon a run for its money. Alduin would run away if he saw it.

Oceiros_DS3_Artbook.jpg

Just now, bigbossbalrog said:

LOL found another really cool pice of art. According to the book, Miyzaki had a phobia of Dragons when he was little (For some reasons), and they still give him nightmares. Alot of the Dragon bosses are based on his nightmares. Maybe that's why there so horrible to look at. I think Ocerious the Consumed King gives the gaping Dragon a run for its money. Alduin would run away if he saw it.

Hide contents

Oceiros_DS3_Artbook.jpg

Looks like the dragon saw something foul.

So my mom just came into my room and was like "hey, I need you to come out back with me real quick in case this animal isn't dead." And I was said ok thinking it was gonna be a possum or a raccoon or something. Well, I get out there and she is holding up this dead like fuckin 4ft snake with a mole in its mouth. **** that shit. I turned my ass around and walked back in the house.

2 hours ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

So my mom just came into my room and was like "hey, I need you to come out back with me real quick in case this animal isn't dead." And I was said ok thinking it was gonna be a possum or a raccoon or something. Well, I get out there and she is holding up this dead like fuckin 4ft snake with a mole in its mouth. **** that shit. I turned my ass around and walked back in the house.

Snakes are a vital part of the eco system. They keep the numbers of rodents down.

38 minutes ago, bigbossbalrog said:

Snakes are a vital part of the eco system. They keep the numbers of rodents down.

And spiders are vital part as well, with keeping the bugs down. I don't  ******* care. Keep them away from me. They can do their thing somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

And spiders are vital part as well, with keeping the bugs down. I don't  ******* care. Keep them away from me. They can do their thing somewhere else.

LOL you should face you're fears. Creepy crawlies aint that bad. You leave them alone, they'll leave you alone  Maybe when you're deployed, you'll come face to face with a venomous cobra, what then? 

1 minute ago, bigbossbalrog said:

LOL you should face you're fears. Creepy crawlies aint that bad. You leave them alone, they'll leave you alone  Maybe when you're deployed, you'll come face to face with a venomous cobra, what then? 

I'm not terrified of them, I just don't like them. Keep them away from me. If I encounter something on deployment I'll probably kill it.

3 hours ago, bigbossbalrog said:

I love snakes and spiders. Would rather they keep their distance though, for their safety and mine. We're not exactly their prey or anything so its best they stay clear. I don't mind them in certain parts of my house though, since this is the home of Palmetto Bugs and spiders **** those up. Shit one day I might go buy some spiders and just let them do their thing, release the hounds.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I love snakes and spiders. Would rather they keep their distance though, for their safety and mine. We're not exactly their prey or anything so its best they stay clear. I don't mind them in certain parts of my house though, since this is the home of Palmetto Bugs and spiders **** those up. Shit one day I might go buy some spiders and just let them do their thing, release the hounds.

I like snakes too. Used to have a pet one. Had a tarantula too but I am a lot more cautious of spiders in the house because of all those damn brown recluse stories you hear.

Christ, yea that's why I'm cautious about them. They can be rather venomous and dangerous. I don't tolerate having the larger ones around. But jumping spiders, common wolf spider, or the crabshell ones we have here, they're fine.

I had to look up the crabshell spider. Those actually look really cool.