DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[sKY] Art and sound preview when editing a mod

davidgilbertking

Hello guys, I'm super excited to have found this place, finally

I have a bit of a quick question - and I'm sorry in advance if this has been answered before. I'm editing a mod in TESvEdit. It's a mod that adds a spell, so I decided to tweak it to my needs. So when I got to editing the Magic Effect, I faced some difficulties.

The thing is that there are so many arts, and sounds (casting light, hit shader, hit effect art, and sounds - sheathe sound, release sound etc etc), that my head is spinning.

Is there a way to preview it? I mean, it's insane to change one thing and go run the game to see how it looks.

I tried running Creation Kit, but wierdly, it crashes after loading skyrim.esm. It works with other mods though.

I understand that this question may sound dumb. This is my first time modding.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and no.

I mean that. Yes, you should be able to preview the sounds in CK -- that would be the easiest method. You could also unpack the Sound BSA and sort through them, but the file names likely don't relate to the description so... CK would be your best bet, if you can get it working. Under the Audio tab you should find one of the headings (not sure which, just click on an entry in each) that will offer a preview.

Then just find the ones you want to test out.

As for the no, that's the effectshaders and that sort of thing, you're SOL. A lot of those things simply don't operate without the Skyrim game engine. Maybe someone invented a program to preview them, but I have never heard of such a thing