DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello there

greenwarden

Hi there.

I'm miserable at introduction threads, but it seemed like the thing to do, so bear with me. :wave:

I'm greenwarden, and I hope to get more involved in voice acting. I have a lot of experience using my voice, but not much of it as an actress. My primary experience is in recorded narration, and news reading. However, I have enjoyed my time spent as a VA in Giskard's mods, and I am a VA for the upcoming Dark Brotherhood Chronicles. I am also in the middle of localizing and voicing the mod "Ist Alchemy Companion Julienne" for the Japanese modder, Pela. Fun stuff!

I look forward to participating in the forums. Thank you!

Welcome to the Alliance!  :smarty:

And to the Voice Actor's Project, I'll be sure to make you a member!

You have some good experience under your belt! I'm sure you'll be an asset to the VAP! I've been trying like mad to make a contact in teh Japense modding community, think you could ask your friend Pela if he/she knows any voice actors who can perform dialogue IN Japanese?  :wave:

Welcome again!  :wave:

[EDIT] I have added you to the VAP you now have access to all of the VAP's private forums!

I will ask. :)Hmm. My husband speaks a bit of Japanese, so maybe I can pester him a little, too. It's a beautiful language-  it wouldn't be too hard to speak the lines phonetically, once you have an ear for where the silences fall.

I would be grateful for any help you might be in finding some Japanese speaking voice actors!  aa_banana.gif

Hi there.I'm miserable at introduction threads, but it seemed like the thing to do, so bear with me. ;)I'm greenwarden, and I hope to get more involved in voice acting. I have a lot of experience using my voice, but not much of it as an actress. My primary experience is in recorded narration, and news reading. However, I have enjoyed my time spent as a VA in Giskard's mods, and I am a VA for the upcoming Dark Brotherhood Chronicles. I am also in the middle of localizing and voicing the mod "Ist Alchemy Companion Julienne" for the Japanese modder, Pela. Fun stuff!I look forward to participating in the forums. Thank you!

Welcome greenwarden, I frequent MechStorm often, as well, and will (hopefully) be working with Giskard as soon as he releases lines for his new overhaul MOD.

Glad you made it here!!!

Euther

Hi Euther!I know I've heard great things about your "Glenvar Castle" va work. And iit's nice to be here. :wave:

WOW, you heard about that... Scarry...   :wave:   I will be updating that sometime soon to add the LIP animations... (Now that I figured out that thing)...

When I get home, lets chat more.

Best Regards,
Euther

Let me address Darkrider's issue now. One thing that the JP modder community lacks is a central location, like our TES Nexus, or the Beth forums, so I've heard. Instead, there are little pocket communities everywhere, like on 2ch, and the like. So my friend is unaware of any JP VAs. We only came to be friends initially because I was a fan of his mod, and he had questions about English.

I will still pester my hubby on your behalf. :wave:

Let me address Darkrider's issue now. One thing that the JP modder community lacks is a central location, like our TES Nexus, or the Beth forums, so I've heard. Instead, there are little pocket communities everywhere, like on 2ch, and the like. So my friend is unaware of any JP VAs. We only came to be friends initially because I was a fan of his mod, and he had questions about English. I will still pester my hubby on your behalf. :wave:

This is the issue I have had in finding a contact. It seemed like the only boards I tracked down were very seldom visited by steady users. I'm not ready to give up yet, I think bringing the Japanese language to a predominantly English mod would be a nice reach out to the JP mod community!

I appreciate your help!  :wave:

Euther, it was extremely cool of you to offer your work freely to Quartz. And it was extremely cool of him/her to be so open to this addition. That's kinda what makes a community tick, y'know? :wave:

Yep... If it wasnt for "Q" reaction, I wouldn't have even considered doing voice acting for others. He was very encouraging!!

Talk to you soon,
E

• 2 weeks later...

I'm relieved! :D

Say, DarkRider, I haven't forgotten about your particular voice acting needs for your mod. It seems that the direction I pointed you towards was fruitless? That's disappointing. Have you considered PMing Buddah? I know he has been active in trying to bridge the JP and US modding communities. He may know of something. It might be worth a try.

As for my husband- gee, put a mic infront of him, and he becomes "cardboard man". No emotion, no inflection, and plenty of jitters...Sorry.

Okay, I'll get to work on my VA samples.

Take care!

I'm relieved! :) Say, DarkRider, I haven't forgotten about your particular voice acting needs for your mod. It seems that the direction I pointed you towards was fruitless? That's disappointing. Have you considered PMing Buddah? I know he has been active in trying to bridge the JP and US modding communities. He may know of something. It might be worth a try.As for my husband- gee, put a mic infront of him, and he becomes "cardboard man". No emotion, no inflection, and plenty of jitters...Sorry.Okay, I'll get to work on my VA samples.Take care!

LOL Don't torture the man! :D

Alas, your tip was brilliant but nothing's panned out yet. Apparently I'm of great interest to the JP community, but none have stepped up to do any voice work. That's okay though, baby steps will bridge the gap there. I have chatted a bit with buddah on the issue, he will keep me posted if anything crosses his path that might help. For now, he remains a bit lost for ideas as well.

I'm not worried, it will pan out eventually! I'm thinking of redoing one of my teaser vids with Japanese overlay and posting the link in their forum!  aa_biggrin.gif

I think that's a strong idea! Let the JP community see the great work you're doing! Okay, I've completed some generic Imperial/Breton samples, and a Dunmer voice I've been working on. Uploading to a site soon!

Do you think your husband might agree to have a go at translating the English lines from the Vid into Japanese? I'm a little leery of translations online.  :blink:

There's about 8 lines.

Hmm, I don't think he's quite good enough with the Japanese language to do so.  :blink: If you can wait a week or so, I'd be happy to ask my friend. He is currently really busy with real life stuff, but he might be able to.

Aye, figuirng out how to translate it properly is tricky for sure! It can wait a bit! Thanks!  aa_biggrin.gif