The_Good_Doctor

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #44

President of Tamriel   7 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for president?

• Krojun - "Yes, we can? Yes you WILL."
    • Baldur - "Asses to ashes."
    • Theodore - "Winner of High Rock's annual backstabbing competition."

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
364 posts in this topic

Three day weekend *******!! :lol: 

Also lol y'all shouldn't be too preemptive considering one of the options might be dead soon lol :whistle: 

I love you Baldur but Theo4life, winning the best schemer award is no easy feat.

34 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Three day weekend *******!! :lol: 

Also lol y'all shouldn't be too preemptive considering one of the options might be dead soon lol :whistle: 

I propose that if he dies, all of Baldur's votes should change into votes for Brund instead. :devil: 

Rofl that's right! A vote for ass king could be a vote for Briar King instead!

If Baldur is also the Baddest Bitch wouldn't that make Broond the Briar-Bitch?

31 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If Baldur is also the Baddest Bitch wouldn't that make Broond the Briar-Bitch?

Maven already has that title.

Looks like a clear win for the Ass King. And the votes seems to be in inverted proportion to the candidates' experience in ruling. Guess that is democracy.

6 hours ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

Looks like a clear win for the Ass King. And the votes seems to be in inverted proportion to the candidates' experience in ruling. Guess that is democracy.

Is Centurion's vote taken into account?

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Is Centurion's vote taken into account?

His vote makes it a tie. We seem to have a lot of those. :P 

So the review embargo for Shadows of War just lifted...and it's getting really good reviews. Collective 86 on Metacritic (about a 4.5/5) Normally I would be super excited to play it...but there's one thing.

Apparently to unlock the "true ending" you need to do tons of grinding. Or...you can pay forty bucks for loot bucks and get it that way. Seems like utter bullshit to me. I don't mind having to do extra steps for the "true ending", as I loved MGSV second chapter despite that. But when they put the ending behind micro transactions, it rubs me off a really bad way. And I dont want to support devs like that (I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to DLC nickle and diming, but MT's are we're I draw the line.

You guys think I should get a refund and pre order the new AC game instead? 

Just now, bigbossbalrog said:

Seems like utter bullshit to me.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it, myself. 

Just now, The_Good_Doctor said:

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it, myself. 

Yeah, I don't like, but don't mind when things are cosmetic. But to lock the games true ending behind a paywall, is super scummy.

Yeah, I don't like, but don't mind when things are cosmetic. But to lock the games true ending behind a paywall, is super scummy.

The industry is pretty shit right now, I'm honestly not that surprised they pulled something like that.

I'll sure as hell be skipping it now, I bet that game is going to get pirated by even more people because of that. I'll be saving my money fore Kingdom Come and/or Bannerlord.

2 hours ago, bigbossbalrog said:

So the review embargo for Shadows of War just lifted...and it's getting really good reviews. Collective 86 on Metacritic (about a 4.5/5) Normally I would be super excited to play it...but there's one thing.

Apparently to unlock the "true ending" you need to do tons of grinding. Or...you can pay forty bucks for loot bucks and get it that way. Seems like utter bullshit to me. I don't mind having to do extra steps for the "true ending", as I loved MGSV second chapter despite that. But when they put the ending behind micro transactions, it rubs me off a really bad way. And I dont want to support devs like that (I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to DLC nickle and diming, but MT's are we're I draw the line.

You guys think I should get a refund and pre order the new AC game instead? 

I would dude. What you just said pretty much insured I'll never buy this game, even when they inevitably lift this and make it free.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I would dude. What you just said pretty much insured I'll never buy this game, even when they inevitably lift this and make it free.

I think i'm actually going to. Real shame, because I was so excited even when I knew there was going to be Microtranactions already. But to lock the true ending behind a paywall yuck.

LOL I need to wash my hands clean of it. Maybe i'll buy it when it's for thirty dollars nextish yearish.

Edited by bigbossbalrog

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Same. I didn't plan to buy it at full price anyway, but might've considered getting it on sale down the line. Not now, though. **** that.

I think i'm actually go to. Real shame, because I was so excited even when I knew there was going to be Microtranactions already. But to lock the true ending behind a paywall yuck.

LOL I need to wash my hands clean of it. Maybe i'll buy it when it's for thirty dollars nextish yearish.

AC looks like it could shape up to be the better option anyway. The folks at Ubisoft really seems to have poured their hearts into this one in a way that they haven't since AC2. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Same. I didn't plan to buy it at full price anyway, but might've considered getting it on sale down the line. Not now, though. **** that.

AC looks like it could shape up to be the better option anyway. The folks at Ubisoft really seems to have poured their hearts into this one in a way that they haven't since AC2. 

Done. I'll miss my Orcbros though...*tearful cry* 

But yeah, AC Orgins looks insane. Most excited for the setting though. Super glad we're finally back in the exotic middle east, in one of the coolest time periods in history (Roman Civil War!) Like how 2, completely overhauled 1, it look to be the same here, but even crazier. They've finally overhauled the combat, and the protagonist seems to be in line with Altair instead of being another Ezio clone, which is pretty sick too. And we get to see motherfucking Cleopatra and Caesar!

Edited by bigbossbalrog

1 minute ago, bigbossbalrog said:

Done. I'll miss my Orcbros though...*tearful cry* 

But yeah, AC Orgins looks insane. Most excited for the setting though. Super glad we're finally back in the exotic middle east, in one of the coolest time periods in history (Roman Civil War!) Like how 2, completely overhauled 2, it look to be the same here, but even crazier. They've finally overhauled the combat, and the protagonist seems to be in line with Altair instead of being another Ezio clone, which is pretty sick too. And we get to see motherfucking Cleopatra and Caesar!

I was quite surprised they actually made Cleopatra look closer to her historical busts.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I was quite surprised they actually made Cleopatra look closer to her historical busts.

AC games are basically unmatched when it comes to recreating period accurate settings.

Unity one of the worst games in the series, still has a gorgeously, and honestly, breathtaking rendition of revolutionary Paris.

5 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hehe I like Rome's version of Cleopatra from HBO. Celan got me watching that. She was ******* hot dude. Her chest was as flat as my shield, but gods that face... and those legs and feet, and man her whole demeanor. Very sexy.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hehe I like Rome's version of Cleopatra from HBO. Celan got me watching that. She was ******* hot dude. Her chest was as flat as my shield, but gods that face... and those legs and feet, and man her whole demeanor. Very sexy.

I love HBO's Rome to death and still mentally weep on how it was canceled and forced to be rushed.

But they really botched Cleopatra, she never really acted fully like Cleopatra in the sense that we never saw her clever and cunning sides. She even did the complete opposite thing when Caesar died in the show, doesn't ruin her character for me at all but it takes away from it.