DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] BoundCaptiveMarker

TigerCubofPNW

Another one of those questions

I'm trying to use the BoundCaptiveMarker, the thing used in the Abandoned Shack during the first DB quest.

I've used it in the past and had some issues, but I overcame those. Now it is out and out refusing to work.

I create the package and use the SitTarget (just as the packages are set up for the captives in the Abandoned Shack) and point the package to my BoundCaptiveMarker.

The Actor will NOT use the marker. At all. I've gone around and around with extensive testing and here is what I have come up with:

I know the Actor CAN use it. They will randomly use it in a Sandbox.

I know the SitTarget works because testing it on a custom NPC results in the Actor kneeling.

I know that the Actor has no animation they are trying to run elsewise (which is what I found can cause the BCM to barf).

I know the package runs, because when I replace the BCM with TableLeanMarker, the actor executes the package without an issue.

I know it is NOT the BoundCaptive Keyword in the marker, because I created a duplicate and removed that keyword and still the actor refused to use the marker.

I cannot find a single common thread with my successes and failures and it's making me a little crazy. Why can they use the marker while sandboxing but not as part of a package? Why was I able to get a custom NPC to follow the package, but vanilla NPCs refuse?

Hoping someone has run into this before and can give me a clue, because I have none.

9 hours ago, TigerCubofPNW said:

Hoping someone has run into this before and can give me a clue, because I have none.

Yes I have with my draugr and their "alcove" thingy, the markers that make them stand in alcoves or lying in sarcophagi.

I found only one way to fix the problem: enabling draugr and markers via script and quest. Use an x marker to enable your npcs and their bound captive markers; put the x marker "disabled at start" and use a quest fragment to enable the x marker.

I have no idea why it's not working directly, sorry. :)

Thanks for the reply, LotM. It took me a little bit to get back to being able to do more testing. Something you said made me think I should try just having a whole quest and alias all for this purpose. Start the quest, which fills the alias and the actor goes to use the Kneel Marker.

And nothing.

Oh Skyrim how you task me...