Witchking_of_Angmar

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #46

President of Side Characters   4 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote to be president of all side characters?

• Karsh
    • Lilly
    • Winvale
    • Menel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
247 posts in this topic

Man, that list is way too short. I'd vote for Daric or Suri. 

I don't want a too long list of option as that will be more to scroll past later on in this thread. I also thought about having Daric instead of Menel and Roland instead of Winvale, but I was unsure if they would count as side characters for much longer. 

Edited by Witchking_of_Angmar

From last thread.

As for my side characters, Daric basically is, but that is indeed changing. So he’s kinda a side character still until I guess the war starts making headway for realizies.

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Don’t be surprised, CDPR thus far is awesome but who knows what’ll happen if they get as mainstream as these other companies. Right now I see it as them making a smart business move.

All these other companies are nickel and diming the fans, ruining their rep. Giving free dlc and making fantastic sizeable content along shotted them into a more public light and they made huge bank from it. If publishers start pressuring them in the future though it could pull them in a different direction one day entirely. 

Just be prepared for it.

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Bethesda for instance always had some sleezeball moves here and there but they didn’t get this bad till in my opinion mainly after Fallout 4. Mostly.

It not being nearly successful as they’d probably hoped and their long development periods between games probably made Bethesda Softworks panic. 

FNV was probably a similar issue, they almost make a gamble between each title which is also why they gotta outsource to other studios besides Bethesda Game Studios.

Publishers ruin everything.

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Having to go to these stupid meetings at my job also opened my eyes a bit to how businesses think. 

They don’t care if they made “enough money”, at all, what they care about are projections. Predicted and potential income. If they made twenty percent more than last year but they lost out on fifteen percent of what they could’ve made, that pisses off the higher ups, and they start trying to “fix” things.

Skyrim made buku bucks but the whole PlayStation dlc thing definitely effected them which is why they likely abandoned dlc early and moved on to developing Fallout 4. Only when that too tanked from their expectations did they decide to start looking back at Skyrim and make more “new content” for it.

@ColonelKillaBee

Guess it depends on how you define side character. XD 

Anyway, I went with Winvale. I can't imagine any of these four choices as rulers, but where Lilly, Karsh, and Menel probably just wouldn't be cut out for it, I would not be surprised to find out that Winvale is totally capable when he actually gives a shit.

8 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Anyway, I went with Winvale. I can't imagine any of these four choices as rulers, but where Lilly, Karsh, and Menel probably just wouldn't be cut out for it, I would not be surprised to find out that Winvale is totally capable when he actually gives a shit.

You're taking this poll much more seriously than I did when making it. Besides, a president must be able to talk to the masses. Someone with a way with words. :P 

3 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Next poll should be villains for president.

Who would count as a villain?

Edited by Witchking_of_Angmar

42 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

You're taking this poll much more seriously than I did

To me it's more fun that way. Otherwise we're just voting for our favorites every time.

Besides, a president must be able to talk to the masses. Someone with a way of words. :P 

None of those characters has ever shown to have a way with words. One of them can't even speak to more than one person at a time. So I chose the mysterious guy who's been around long enough that he would probably be good at faking it.

It basically boils down to me being pretty confident that the other three would be bad presidents, whereas I ain't go a clue what Winvale would be like. The possibility that he'd be good beats out the near-guarantee that the others would be bad.

Who would count as a villain?

Brund, Corio, Maven, Sibbi, Rythe, Lielle, Mon, Darius, Jem, maybe Lorgar?

Antagonist might be a better word, but villain sounds better for a poll title.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor
Lol Lorgar's gotta be worth calling a villain at this point, right?

2 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Brund, Corio, Maven, Sibbi, Rythe, Lielle, Mon, Darius, Jem, maybe Lorgar?

Antagonist might be a better word, but villain sounds better for a poll title.

That made me think that Yornar isn't much of either a villain or an antagonist.

18 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

That made me think that Yornar isn't much of either a villain or an antagonist.

To me it's about the perspective the RP is written from. Yornar (and Theodore) is pretty objectively a morally bad dude. Certainly a villain if the story was from an elven POV. But the story mostly follows Yornar or people who are on his side, so he doesn't qualify as an antagonist.

Characters like Brund or Corio are different because even though we get their POV, it's directly opposed to most of the established  "good guys" so they're pretty clearly antagonists.

5 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

To me it's about the perspective the RP is written from. Yornar (and Theodore) is pretty objectively a morally bad dude. Certainly a villain if the story was from an elven POV. But since we pretty much only ever see Yornar from his own POV or the POV of people who are on his side, he doesn't qualify as an antagonist and he's not a villain to the story's "good guys".

Characters like Brund or Corio are different because even though we get their POV, it's directly opposed to most of the established  "good guys" so they're pretty clear antagonists in the overall story. 

But you could argue that Theodore is a villain and antagonist to Dales. Yornar however got no one that directly opposes him. Which is not an inherently a bad thing as there is more than the struggle between a "hero" and a "villain". 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/7coge3/kings_will_rise/?st=j9ympkrt&sh=25ad478d

NOOOOOO, the next Total War game is going to be Dark Ages Ireland. Even as someone Irish, Irish history is ******* boring. All people do is chuck spears at each other.

Well that's somewhat of a shame.

Also the Beware the Crow comment actually has to do with Empire Divided, I figured it out because there are three bird wing helmet accessories and crow wings were among them.

22 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

But you could argue that Theodore is a villain and antagonist to Dales. Yornar however got no one that directly opposes him. Which is not an inherently a bad thing as there is more than the struggle between a "hero" and a "villain". 

If a war breaks out between Theodore and Dales, then it'll probably be a pretty gray area. But currently, almost all of the characters are batting for the same team despite some animosity between them. In the grand scheme, they're all trying to make the Alliance work and defeat the Thalmor.

Overall, I think the RP has been clearer cut since everybody shook hands at the end of chapter 2. The only times that I can think of where that wasn't the case are when Lorgar fought Yornar, Baldur fought Ulfric, and currently with Baldur and Lilly sending people to capture Boldir and Mila. Most of the time it tends to be pretty obvious who we should root for.

Not that I think there isn't more than "hero vs villain" struggle. I never said there wasn't. That's why I clarified that antagonist might've been a better word than villain.

9 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

If a war breaks out between Theodore and Dales, then it'll probably be a pretty gray area. But currently, almost all of the characters are batting for the same team despite some animosity between them. In the grand scheme, they're all trying to make the Alliance work and defeat the Thalmor.

Overall, I think the RP has been clearer cut since everybody shook hands at the end of chapter 2. The only times that I can think of where that wasn't the case are when Lorgar fought Yornar, Baldur fought Ulfric, and currently with Baldur and Lilly sending people to capture Boldir and Mila.

Not that I think there isn't more than "hero vs villain" struggle. I never said otherwise.

I was more meaning that I think it works relatively well for Yornar to not have a nemesis like with Baldur and Brund, and Boldir and Maven. I figure the RP would maybe get a little saturated with nemesis stories and I feel such a plot element would feel a bit forced if introduced this late to Yornar's story. 

8 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

I was more meaning that I think it works relatively well for Yornar to not have a nemesis like with Baldur and Brund, and Boldir and Maven. I figure the RP would maybe get a little saturated with nemesis stories and I feel such a plot element would feel a bit forced if introduced this late to Yornar's story. 

Yornar' nemesis is elvenkind. :P 

Its getting worse and worse. This was just leaked.

C86fVTVQxog8w5R-i9jN7GJ8oU4NaIe7WTk9UbD-

3 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

:rofl: 

I'm usually not into these, but this one got me. 

What killed me was seeing Palpatine go from pleased to disgusted.

28 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Its getting worse and worse. This was just leaked.

C86fVTVQxog8w5R-i9jN7GJ8oU4NaIe7WTk9UbD-

:rofl: they fuckin up baaaad.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/7coge3/kings_will_rise/?st=j9ympkrt&sh=25ad478d

NOOOOOO, the next Total War game is going to be Dark Ages Ireland. Even as someone Irish, Irish history is ******* boring. All people do is chuck spears at each other.

As opposed to...? I mean, you have the Vikings also.

Well this latest EA debacle is entertaining to watch. I got a glimpse of why we get this, though, in that thread about the game you regret spending money on. People are talking about spending hundreds of dollars on these games that disappointed them. I just can't fathom paying that much on a single game. The most I probably paid was Fallout New Vegas. 60 + another 60 for DLC.

2 hours ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Overall, I think the RP has been clearer cut since everybody shook hands at the end of chapter 2. The only times that I can think of where that wasn't the case are when Lorgar fought Yornar, Baldur fought Ulfric, and currently with Baldur and Lilly sending people to capture Boldir and Mila. Most of the time it tends to be pretty obvious who we should root for.

Not that I think there isn't more than "hero vs villain" struggle. I never said there wasn't. That's why I clarified that antagonist might've been a better word than villain.

Uh, it’s obviously Baldur who you’re rooting for since Boldir’s fuckin up and hasn’t been with Rebbabo since like, 2013 :P