Witchking_of_Angmar

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #46

President of Side Characters   4 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote to be president of all side characters?

• Karsh
    • Lilly
    • Winvale
    • Menel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
247 posts in this topic

Dunno what happened or what I did... even with console commands before I couldn't get this beard to look like this. Loaded up the game for the first time in a while and presto...? Maybe its a graphics settings thing I did, I dunno. 

I know it grows but even after using console commands it seemed like I was stuck on the second fullest half grey half white version. 

witcher 1.png

witcher 2.png

witcher 3.png

Have you tried going to a barber and getting a shave? Maybe it'll grow back all the way if you reset it?

57 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Have you tried going to a barber and getting a shave? Maybe it'll grow back all the way if you reset it?

Well I sure as shit aint doing that now lol I'm set XD 

But no I never did, I just sat and waited right after the Milkguardians cut my manhood from my chin.

If I held a gun up to your head and told you to choose either to release the spirit from the tree or kill it, which would you choose?

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

But no I never did, I just sat and waited right after the Milkguardians cut my manhood from my chin.

:rofl: 

I don't blame you. The second to last beard stage is nice because it doesn't clip as bad as the last. Too bad Vlodimir is gonna cut it later when you do the DLC. 

If I held a gun up to your head and told you to choose either to release the spirit from the tree or kill it, which would you choose?

I'd take the bullet. 

56 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

:rofl: 

I don't blame you. The second to last beard stage is nice because it doesn't clip as bad as the last. Too bad Vlodimir is gonna cut it later when you do the DLC. 

I'd take the bullet. 

:rofl: Ok then. 

*points gun at loaderbot*

Choose.

As for the second stage bah, I care nothing for clipping, if Geralt's collars can't handle the manliness, then the collars are simply unfit to sit upon his.... collar. I did that simply because I wanted his full beardliness back and then some asap. Didn't even think that I wasn't at the full stage, just thought maybe my graphics card was showing too much detail or something so it just looked like that, lol.

I think that releasing the tree spirit is "better" because I know how it ends and I have a soft spot when it comes to children.

But I think that killing the tree spirit feels more "right" with what we know since you're trying to save Ciri and this is the only choice that will obviously help in that regard. Plus, releasing it requires you to basically take a murderous spirit at its word without any reassurance that it's being honest (though, it is).

I guess with a gun to loaderbot I like killing it more. What happens is way more fucked up, but I think it feels more fitting. Plus, the Bloody Baron's conclusion is way more satisfying.

points gun at loaderbot

**** you!

58 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

I think that releasing the tree spirit is "better" because I know how it ends and I have a soft spot when it comes to children.

But I think that killing the tree spirit feels more "right" in the moment since you're trying to save Ciri and this is the only choice that will obviously help in that regard. Plus, releasing it requires you to basically take a murderous spirit at its word without any reassurance that it's being honest (though, it is).

I guess with a gun to my head I like killing it more. What happens is way more fucked up, but I think it feels more fitting. Plus, the Bloody Baron's conclusion is way more satisfying.

Cool, thank you for persuading me to do what I wanted lol, I agree with you. 

**** them ugly ass peasant kids, go drunkard wife beating Baron!

XD seriously, I guess the best thing to do is just judge in the moment and not with hindsight. That said originally I did side with the tree, but only because I felt for sure that the Witches were up to no good and didn't like taking orders for them. Knew they were using me. 

But Geralt's on an important mission and Ciri's at the heart of something much bigger than witches messing with peasants. It is what it is.

No right answer really but that's the one I feel most comfortable with as Geralt.

I think.

Besides, freeing an ancient evil tree spirit certainly doesn't sound like a good idea. I basically did it just because it sounded like the most interesting option first time around.

Also, think I'm gonna do a DA:O run again, talking about it made me wanna stomach the tediousness of some of it again lol.

And banging Morrigan, that's always a plus XD 

Saw some of the mods... think this'll be the first game ever that I download a sex scene mod for lol, those were ******* atrocious in the base game. Especially the dwarf ones :rofl: Just one of the many reasons I'll never be able to play one.

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

seriously, I guess the best thing to do is just judge in the moment and not with hindsight. That said originally I did side with the tree, but only because I felt for sure that the Witches were up to no good and didn't like taking orders for them. Knew they were using me. 

One thing to note is that it's easy to view this decision as a player instead of completely as Geralt. Even in a game like this where consequences are a thing, did you ever doubt at any point that your choices would seriously keep you from finding Ciri? Probably not. That's just too big. But for Geralt, it's a very real and possible result of refusing to play ball with the witches.

Plus, the tree ain't exactly the good guy here. It's just one evil or another. At least if you kill the tree, you'll be getting rid of one of those evils instead of enabling it.

57 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

One thing to note is that it's easy to view this decision as a player instead of completely as Geralt. Even in a game like this where consequences are a thing, did you ever doubt at any point that your choices would seriously keep you from finding Ciri? Probably not. That's just too big. But for Geralt, it's a very real and possible result of refusing to play ball with the witches.

Plus, the tree ain't exactly the good guy here. It's just one evil or another. At least if you kill the tree, you'll be getting rid of one of those evils instead of enabling it.

Lol no, that's why I failed that mission with the plague maiden first time XD 

When in doubt, kill the monster. More or less a safe rule and what I did with blood and wine. Course, that didn't give me the fairytale ending or the phenomenal puntang either, but... 

hindsight.

Lol no, that's why I failed that mission with the plague maiden first time XD 

When in doubt, kill the monster. More or less a safe rule and what I did with blood and wine. Course, that didn't give me the fairytale ending or the phenomenal puntang either, but... 

hindsight.

:rofl: In other words. When in doubt: Do your ******* job!

That's what I did in Blood and Wine too. Ending was grim as all hell, but I'm not gonna lie, I liked it better than the happiest one. As much as I liked the dream world, the stuff with the Unseen Elder is hard to beat. 

And personally it was kind of jarring to go from this epic war between monster and man to suddenly seeing Rapunzel hang herself with her own hair and buying a scarf from a 9 year old crack dealer in Neverland.

It just throws off the pacing and the atmosphere in my opinion, as fun as it all was.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And personally it was kind of jarring to go from this epic war between monster and man to suddenly seeing Rapunzel hang herself with her own hair and buying a scarf from a 9 year old crack dealer in Neverland.

It just throws off the pacing and the atmosphere in my opinion, as fun as it all was.

I agree completely. The Unseen Elder was a pretty natural followup in a story about a vampire hunt that cumulates into an all out war. We get some sweet new lore on vampires, a powerful new vampiric character, a dark and spooky level, etc.

The fantasy world was an incredible sequence on its own, but it definitely stands out from the rest of the MQ.

I love both, of course. But the bad ending wins out for me.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

tumblr_ozoezhCnUi1siv9hfo1_1280.png

Moist boys ain't shit. But don't **** with their extradimensional god trees. 

It was nice to have such a good ending for Geralts Last Contract (tm) though. I consider it them simply adding even more replayability to an infinitely playable game, as far as I’m personally concerned. 

It definitely made me happy I replayed the dlc again. I also left most of the side quests alone the first time for the same reason.

It was nice to have such a good ending for Geralts Last Contract (tm) though. I consider it them simply adding even more replayability to an infinitely playable game, as far as I’m personally concerned. 

It definitely made me happy I replayed the dlc again. I also left most of the side quests alone the first time for the same reason.

Agreed.

I played the heck out of B&W's side quests, but mostly after I'd beaten the main one. It felt too important to postpone so I could hunt lesser monsters. I did help people I met along the way, though.

Unrelated, there’s no struggle greater than loving eggnog and being mildly lactose intolerant.

That is all.

As for a good ending to finish on, I thought that it was pretty appropriate either way, since the DLC gives you a happy final note regardless when you return to your vineyard.

I kinda liked getting that bad/bittersweet ending and then coming home to a loved one who makes it all feel better. It's like, Geralt's trade has always been grim and morbid and sometimes depressing, but at the end of the day, that's not what really matters. It doesn't have to affect how happy his ending is.

3 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

As for a good ending to finish on, I thought that it was pretty appropriate either way, since the DLC gives you a happy final note regardless when you return to your vineyard.

I kinda liked getting that bad/bittersweet ending and then coming home to a loved one who makes it all feel better. It's like, Geralt's trade has always been grim and morbid and sometimes depressing, but at the end of the day, that's not what really matters. It doesn't have to affect how happy his ending is.

Well said. And I suppose it does also make Triss’s ending less meh, somewhat. If you roleplay that she wants to take you away from the bad memories there and not just make you follow behind her.