ColonelKillaBee

Civil War Aftermath OOC #72

554 posts in this topic

Since the post moot post is the only one I didn’t help write (and even that one I was party to it being written) I’ll comment on that one

I forgot how trippy that opening is. Really interesting, though, and I’m very curious to see what happens from the Priest being connected to Baldur, and where Baldur’s relationship with Boethiah goes.

The Empire having a dragon is unexpected. I think Dales better be careful about handling this, since things could get very dragon cultish is she goes around feeding it prisoners. Maybe that’s a treatment best reserved for Thalmor, if anyone. I’ll be interested to see how it actually stands up against a Sunbird.   

Great posts all around, and I was very fortunate to get to participate in most of them.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morane post

 

Man I love Morane. She really feels like she's lightened up a bit since before the first heist. Trusting and sorta befriending to Zuhkal, deciding that she likes Stentor, and acknowledging to herself that the trusts Winvale despite not knowing him. 

I don't feel good about it. I don't know what you've got in store for her specifically but I'm getting worried that she's gonna get burned. Morane is extremely competent, but she's just arrogant enough that I think she could get herself into trouble with some of these people. Especially Winvale, who by the way continues to be the perfect mixture of terrifying and hilarious.

Also, Zuhkal's reaction to her popping up with the books was hilarious. I almost wish she hadn't told him everything that happened, just because I'd have loved the idea of him working so hard on their plan just for her to once again appear to be leagues ahead of her peers and handle it on her own. Better that she was honest though.

Last note, Stentor was perfect. Loved everything about her parts, from how powerful she came across to the revelation that she studied under Winvale. Her words are part of why I expect Morane's story to go badly for her eventually. She's walking a dangerous path and she's extremely cocky about it.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the opening was kinda interesting but also slightly annoyingly and curiously weird at time, I do find stuff like "logging in" to be really annoyingly immersion breaking. I'm all for leaning on the fourth wall but outright breaking it like that I can't look past. 

As for the dragon it was about as arrogant and prideful as I would have expected. Though I can't help but to wonder why it would ask for lots of gold and priced trinkets. The mercenary dragons of the past seemed to engage in their "fire for hire" business in order to get the Blades off their back. Which makes sense as dragons would fight armies and in return the friendly army would keep dragon hunters from ambushing the dragon. Hoarding stuff like gold would however just make them even bigger targets for more than dragon hunters. Also I can't see a dragon being able to spend the gold without underlings like the Dragon Priests. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

While the opening was kinda interesting but also slightly annoyingly and curiously weird at time, I do find stuff like "logging in" to be really annoyingly immersion breaking. I'm all for leaning on the fourth wall but outright breaking it like that I can't look past. 

As for the dragon it was about as arrogant and prideful as I would have expected. Though I can't help but to wonder why it would ask for lots of gold and priced trinkets. The mercenary dragons of the past seemed to engage in their "fire for hire" business in order to get the Blades off their back. Which makes sense as dragons would fight armies and in return the friendly army would keep dragon hunters from ambushing the dragon. Hoarding stuff like gold would however just make them even bigger targets for more than dragon hunters. Also I can't see a dragon being able to spend the gold without underlings like the Dragon Priests. 

C0da

i definitely get people not liking it or that. Like I said, it was mainly for me and Doc, the lore nerds lol. That said I was inspired by c0da so there is lore precedent, even if not official lore. As far as the rp is concerned, you can ignore it entirely. It’s just an extra layer of story that’ll only concern a few people.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the dragon, Nafaalilargus is described as not being as wise or noble as other dragons.

Hoarding treasure is exactly what he does.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This also wouldn’t be the first time I’ve done something like that, which is supposed to be a small hint.

I did similar sort of technological nods with Corio and the dreamsleeve transcriptions for coordinating the Sunbird attacks.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

1 hour ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

While the opening was kinda interesting but also slightly annoyingly and curiously weird at time, I do find stuff like "logging in" to be really annoyingly immersion breaking. I'm all for leaning on the fourth wall but outright breaking it like that I can't look past. 

As for the dragon it was about as arrogant and prideful as I would have expected. Though I can't help but to wonder why it would ask for lots of gold and priced trinkets. The mercenary dragons of the past seemed to engage in their "fire for hire" business in order to get the Blades off their back. Which makes sense as dragons would fight armies and in return the friendly army would keep dragon hunters from ambushing the dragon. Hoarding stuff like gold would however just make them even bigger targets for more than dragon hunters. Also I can't see a dragon being able to spend the gold without underlings like the Dragon Priests. 

This particular dragon was from Redguard and actually did fight for gold among other things. He died atop a giant pile of it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

C0da

  Hide contents

i definitely get people not liking it or that. Like I said, it was mainly for me and Doc, the lore nerds lol. That said I was inspired by c0da so there is lore precedent, even if not official lore. As far as the rp is concerned, you can ignore it entirely. It’s just an extra layer of story that’ll only concern a few people.

Personally I'd prefer if such blatantly out of place stuff wasn't present at all as for me it just taints the rest of the scene and makes it very hard for me to take anything near it seriously. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I respect that, you weren’t the only one.

I however think the rp hasn’t been elder scrolls enough so to me it fits perfectly and adds a layer to my story for anyone that looks close enough to see it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:
  Hide contents

As for the dragon, Nafaalilargus is described as not being as wise or noble as other dragons.

Hoarding treasure is exactly what he does.

 

Doesn't make a lot of sense with the new lore of how dragons work though. Truth be told it just seems like something old where the writers only decided to copy Smaug. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless, it’s all got precedence in lore whether anyone likes it or not. That’s the only real criteria for the rp, as always.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

 

I however think the rp hasn’t been elder scrolls enough so to me it fits perfectly and adds a layer to my story for anyone that looks close enough to see it.

You don't think so? I think the RP has been plenty elder scrolls. Not necessarily C0DA most of the time, but that's not what makes TES anyway.

11 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

 

  Hide contents

 

Doesn't make a lot of sense with the new lore of how dragons work though. Truth be told it just seems like something old where the writers only decided to copy Smaug. 

It didn't make sense then either. The new lore really doesn't have any impact on a dragon's inability to purchase something in a marketplace. 

If anything, I'd say the new lore makes it make more sense, since it revealed that dragons were treated like gods by the Atmorans. Probably got used to being given offerings and the like and started to attribute value to them.

Hell, it might just be a reward for the player, but there are chests of treasure at every dragon nest/word wall location.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor
Forgot spoiler tags
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

spoilers

 

Personally I think it would make more sense for a dragon to ask for a temple/fort where it could sleep in peace. Along with stewards to tend to its needs. 

I'll also bet it will reject the fiefdom of Blackwood as it's a swampy forest without any mountains at the far edge of civilization.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Doc, not as far as big world events go. Typically things like this have a lot of pretty big implications peppering it in different layers, the obvious ones on the outside where everyone pretty much gets it, and then there’s the more obscure symbolic stuff that comes after.

Thats what I mean. Not the crazy c0da stuff I threw in with it. That was a design choice because of the subject matter.

The heart is like a dream catcher to the dreamsleeve, sort of. It’s holding parts of the dream, these souls, and is like a small pocket realm closely linked to a place that no one in the world really understands or knows exists, possibly even comprehends. 

Its why I felt it had to be weird. Especially after all the stuff we talked about.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He asked Baldur for a mountain.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

Spoilers

Maybe, but this specific dragon literally fought for gold. Plus, it asked for its own mountain. And the deal was sweetened with a promise of an extremely powerful artifact that was made with the help of dragons in the first place.

Also, yeah Blackwood sucks. But there is likely a lot game to hunt, at least. And Naaf has always been kind of a prick who enjoys human titles and accolades, so essentially being a noble with legal authority in a region would be the kind of thing he'd get a kick out of.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why a dragon would want a sword either, no matter how powerful it is. It can't swing it. Or eat to gain its power as far as I know. 

I still think it will reject Blackwood and demand something better. Which I think could be rather interesting. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Don't know why a dragon would want a sword either, no matter how powerful it is. It can't swing it. Or eat to gain its power as far as I know. 

I still think it will reject Blackwood and demand something better. Which I think could be rather interesting. 

 

Can't spend gold either.

It already agreed to those terms. Or do you mean it'll see the Blackwood, realize it sucks, and then demand something better? I could see that. But besides having no high ground, I'm not sure why Naaf wouldn't like it. It's a solid hunting ground. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dragons apparently were the ones that forged it in the first place, so it would be considered a rare treasure for mortals and Dov. Nothing really specifically useful to him aside from prestige. Also, he mentioned wanting something rare, something that would bring fools to his layer for easy food. And more treasure of course.

A daedric artifact would do it.

He actually died for this very reason lol. Why would a dragon need a Prince’s soul?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, of all the artifacts I could see Goldbrand holding the most value to a dragon. It was fabled to have been forged specifically to protect them. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now