DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CK Crash when Duplicating Bookshelf

Overcast451

So I'm having an issue with the Creation Kit crashing when I attempt to duplicate a bookshelf. It's a four-shelf bookshelf, with 11 books on Each Shelf. I'm not at home at the moment - but if I recall right it's using the 'NobleShelf02' as the base model.

All four shelves work perfectly, no issues. When I made the bookshelf - I duplicated each shelf accordingly, with no issues. Completed it, saved it, tested it. I had one small issue with the books falling on the floor from the second shelf, which was a duplicate of the first shelf (3 and 4 worked just fine) - but after just playing the game a while that 'bug' went away. I suspect it was simply a bug in my saved game, and not anything to do with the mod whatsoever as it's working perfectly now.

In any event - whenever I attempt to 'duplicate' or 'copy' this bookshelf - the CK kit just hangs. It appears to be doing something... but even after an hour, it is still just sitting there. I've tried to run it as administrator, etc - no change. I mean heck, even if the 'duplication' took 15 minutes, it would be pointless.

I haven't had any other issues with it. This CK is a lot more stable overall it seems than the Fallout 3 GECK for sure. I've been modding since Oblivion/Fallout 3, and am mostly familiar with the creation kits.

Is this a known issue or does anyone know a fix for this? I can copy smaller items (such as each shelf independently) - but attempting the bookshelf + 4 shelves just results in a hang.

At this point, it might seem like my only option is to just plop in another bookshelf and copy a shelf 4 times for each one. Wouldn't be so bad if this CK supported the Static Collections like FO4 does.. but it seems it does not, correct?

MY CPU and Video card are a bit dated (i5 and an nVidia 770) - but I have a ton of RAM (24GB) Also my apologies if this is the wrong forum for this - but it seemed the most applicable.. :)

Edited by Overcast451
Added question about correct forum for posting

Well.. on the CK - it's for Skyrim SE and it's 64-bit. I never played original Skyrim so I don't actually own it, and with SE out - I just bought that one :)

I tried again last night to copy while I got dinner and watched a bit of TV, but same result :(

I was careful to just click duplicate and walk away without touching it again for a while. I suppose, it's possible that it might work out in 3 or more hours - but I could have just placed 5 bookshelves and copied each shelf into those 5 by then anyway! lol

I think that's what I'll have to do. I guess I can just duplicate a shelf and put it out in the void and keep using that one to make more. I am probably only going to do four of them total, so it won't be too terrible.

Thanks for your input all the same :)

Glad I found this forum, I like the concept of the 'classrooms' and might just do those as well.

Well, for what it's worth.. I did find one thing. Using '1' to hide various objects, I attempted to duplicate just the triggers, book placeholders, and containers for the shelves. I found that I couldn't even duplicate two shelves. One works perfectly and is almost instant. So it doesn't really make sense that it's a problem with my system since it still freezes trying to do just two shelves; that shouldn't stress it at all - considering that a single shelf duplicates in like 1-2 seconds.

3 of the 4 shelves were duplicates of the first one I made. I'm starting to think it's an issue with duplicating the duplicates all at once.. if that makes sense? Next time I do a bookshelf, I'll setup each shelf independently rather than make one and copy, just to see if it matters.

Either way, putting a single shelf in the void and re-duplicating that worked just fine; albeit, a lot more time consuming.. lol

Capture.JPG

• 4 months later...

I used the built in warehouse and copied my shelves with no issue.  I even made my own warehouse so I could copy and paste bookshelves at will.

They did not crash my Creation Kit.

This is odd for me.   My computer is at least 7 years old if not older.