DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

I'm worried about Morrowind being neglacted by Bethesda

Leonardo

Just a few minutes ago I was trying to help a Morrowind player on Nexus and it seemed the member had the retail version, so I thought why not add a link to the official patches.

However, after I searched a little I was surprised to see that Bethesda doesn't seem to care about Morrowind anymore, which I think is a disgrace after all Morrowind was the game that saved Bethesda from a disaster IIRC.

Now, I dunno what to think about Bethesda and after they closed down the old forum then they moved everything over to Bethesda.net with a forum software that nobody like at least not me, so things have started to go straight downhill lately and that worries me a lot.

I also searched for the official patches on MMH and only found 4-5 entries of the Bloodmoon, but I didn't find the official Tribunal patch and I'm gonna to upload it to MMH later after I got a few hours of sleep (I'm too tired now and yet I cannot sleep).

So my question is;  Do you think Bethesda have forgotten Morrowind completely or am I missing something here? :(

It’s quite an old game, it likely doesn’t sell very well year to year now. It’s probably not that they don’t care but more than likely the money men say there’s no money there to justify putting any more attention into it. That’s fairly common in the industry overall though, studios are usually chasing the next new thing. :oblivion:

43 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

So my question is;  Do you think Bethesda have forgotten Morrowind completely or am I missing something here?

I don't think they have, at least the development team certainly hasn't. Unfortunately, Bethesda, as we call it, is not only a development team; there are people out there that have other preoccupations that prevail over game development and maintenance. :(

What are these official patches you were mentioning? Aren't they on that page (scroll down): https://patches.bethsoft.com/

• Thanks 1

I still think it's such a shame that TESO is only, well, online.  I'd love to explore it as a single-player environment but I'm much too nervous to do online gaming and previous ventures into online worlds have not tended to end well.

I'd love to see both Morrowind and Oblivion to get some sort of revamp, if only to make them less unstable, but I guess the past is the past. :/

• Upvote 1

I suspect it probably is the reason: Oblivion's memory management is infamously bad and it seems anything that pushes above its lower bounds is asking for trouble, unfortunately.  Even stuff like Streamline which regularly purges the buffers only ameliorates the problem slightly, and people who've attempted to retro-fit better memory-management libraries have said it's impossible to do so effectively because of the way Bethsoft decided to utilise the existing one.  It also doesn't help that packages and scripts have no sanity checking so even things that aren't strictly speaking errors can cause it to immediately CTD: so, again, the more you have, the greater the chances of something triggering a problem.

The worst I've experienced is Bloodmoon, though, which even without much in the way of modding seems to be extremely crashy.