DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Why hello thar!

Adrius

Hey hey guys XD

I'm working on a mod right now that will need voice acting, so I'm coming here to (eventually) get help. what drew me here so early in development though was issues with my own voice acting. I've done a lot of stage in college but never voice acting, and I'm having some issues, so I came seeking advice from those more experienced :pints:

I'm primarily having issues with my mic being perhaps TOO sensitive. It's picking up small sounds even I can't hear, and it's picking up my breathing very loudly. On a stage, breathing isn't much an issue, and to reach most of the audience you really need to project anyways. I'm trying to control my breathing more purposefully, but I'm basically working on one lung, so I need to take very brief pauses for breathing every 1-2 sentences tops. Trouble is that my mic picks this up very loudly.

Anywho, I love books and video games in general, usually action RPGs, and they MUST have a strong story. I'm a storyteller by nature and I love weaving a good tale, in any medium. I'm working on finishing out my general ed and then going to nursing school, I intend to be an RN.

Just a lil blurb about me :)

You might be able to adjust Mike sensitivity, or "gain".... might try keeping it further from your mouth. Or, one of the neat fuzzy covers...... those are supposed to help. You might also just turn the input level down, and see if that helps. (should be in the volume controls...) Experiment with what settings you can find, and, if all else fails, a good editing program might be in order.

Welcome to the alliance!

Welcome to the forum. I just joined today as well!

When I use the mic, I have to turn the mic volume almost all the way down, like around 10-20%.

Its easy to do. If you have the sound shortcut on your start bar, by the system time, just double click it.

If its not there, click 'Start', open the 'Control Panel' and find the icon called 'Sound'. (or close to that)

There should be a volume control for your microphone. Drop its sensitivity closer to the bottom and try the mic. Try out the new setting and change it again until you get it the way you want it.

I have a dual (stereo) microphone with the foam rubber on the heads. It requires a battery, but it gives very good sound.

Hi Willie, welcome aboard along with me :P

I taped cotton balls onto my mic (thanks to a thread I read here somewhere for the advice) which helped me out a lot. :P

My mic is on a headset, a really expensive well made Logitech. The gain is amazing, and totally awesome for voice chat, but it's way too sensitive for voice acting. Not gonna go out and buy a new mic if I can get this to work for me though :)

You can check out my voice sampling here :2cents: did it this afternoon.

http://www.4shared.c...427458/81a69234