DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Sneaky assassin finds the time

WillieSea

Summer is over, and I finally have some time to hang out here once in a while!

For my first post, I placed a short introduction to myself in the 'Tavern' forum thread. Give it a read...

I will check in from time to time, on a 'Western US' time zone schedule. I hope to help the community where I can.

Thanks,

WillieSea

Thanks for the welcome!

Its good to hang out somewhere other than my usual forum haunt.

Still looking for some Professors for vanilla scripting?

Some ideas I have:

- How to script custom spells into the game. Full spell tomes, simple activators, merchants, add to player on mod load quests, etc..

- Creating cool flame on/off scripts to control lights in your mod.

- Scripting a trigger zone to do special stuff. Open doors, set off traps, that sort of stuff.

- Scripting weapon enchantments to perform special functions on those hit.

- Plus requests... Need that special script for a mod of yours, let it be a topic!

And I am not ashamed to say when I don't know how to do something...

Thanks for the welcome!Its good to hang out somewhere other than my usual forum haunt.Still looking for some Professors for vanilla scripting?Some ideas I have:- How to script custom spells into the game. Full spell tomes, simple activators, merchants, add to player on mod load quests, etc..- Creating cool flame on/off scripts to control lights in your mod.- Scripting a trigger zone to do special stuff. Open doors, set off traps, that sort of stuff.- Scripting weapon enchantments to perform special functions on those hit.- Plus requests... Need that special script for a mod of yours, let it be a topic!And I am not ashamed to say when I don't know how to do something...

The job would be yours in a heartbeat Mate, do you have to even ask? Say the word and you're hired! Couldn't think of a better bloke for Vanilla Scripting! aa_biggrin.gif

Word mate, w. o. r. d..So, now where do I go?  :P

Man that's a nice word!  aa_biggrin.gif

Let me just shift around your power and you can head to your classrom!  :P

By the way, I added this smiley, with you in mind -->  :2cents:

[EDIT] Okay you should be able to access the scripting classroom now even though it's locked. I think you'll be able to unlock it once you have your first lesson or so posted; whenever you're ready. You are the moderator for the class, so you have full power over that classroom. You also have access to the HEadmaster's Office. You can post any questions you may have or problems you may encounter. There is also a sample class in the Headmaster's Office. It's just a sample. You can format your class in whatever way works for you! Once your settled I'll fill you in on medal moderation!

Thanks! Possibly tommorrow I can get to it. Its late right now.

DarkRider, for your mod Reclaiming Sancre Tor, did you ask me for a special clock for it? Somebody asked for one, and I can't remember who, and the PM seems to be gone from my messages... The mod was called "SancreTorTest05.esp" that I was supposed to add it to. Just wondering... :P

Thanks! Possibly tommorrow I can get to it. Its late right now.DarkRider, for your mod Reclaiming Sancre Tor, did you ask me for a special clock for it? Somebody asked for one, and I can't remember who, and the PM seems to be gone from my messages... The mod was called "SancreTorTest05.esp" that I was supposed to add it to. Just wondering... :P

Yup, that was my special order clock! aa_biggrin.gif

Yup, that was my special order clock! aa_biggrin.gif

How do you want me to create the clock? I am finally ready to get r done!

Do you want me to use the ESP you sent, or a new one, or just a blank default esp with a clock only in it? Not really sure how you want to get the clock from my esp to yours. Just say the word. ( hmm, where have I heard that before?... )

As for the classroom, my spell tome guide appears to have been deleted from the bethsoft forum, so I will have to recreate it. It will take a few hours to get it ready.

One other Idea I have is to implement an Oblivion gate of your own into your mods. And script it to reopen on command after you have closed it.

If you still have the .esp I sent you could use that. I actually placed a mock clock in there where the clock will go, so you can see what kind of space you have to work with!

You've got some really cool ideas for your class, just make sure you include a novice lesson for newbies so they can keep up with you!  :P

Right.  :P Probably shoud start with, WHAT IS A SCRIPT.Then a few simple hands on examples to get the kiddies feet wet.   :P Do the screen prints upload to this site, or do I need to post them on photobucket or something?

Uploading to Photobucket will probably give you more control for now. Once the site is fully operational, you'll have your own photo account on the site here.  932.gif The site handle  links instead of just direct links so t
Yes, gotta ease the kiddies into the pool or there will be drownings!  http://tesalliance.org/forums/public/style_emoticons//aa_biggrin.gif' alt='aa_biggrin.gif'>