DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Guru's list of favorite MW Mods.

WhoGuru

Morrowind is a fantastic game and only made better on PC with the addition of mods. I'll start here by listing my favorites and add more suggested by others. We'll make this a comprehensive list for all to turn Morrowind into a whole new game.

Better Bodies - Must have mod. Smooths out all those rough edges and makes your PC actually attractive.

Westley's Master HeadPack - This mod gives Oblivion worthy graphics to your character. There are some truly beautiful heads here for all the races.

Adamantium Armor - Adds a full set of armor and various sellers throughout Vvardenfell.

Netch Adamantium Armor - This is a more female friendly version of the Adamantium Armor.

Aleannes Clothing and Armor - This mod adds some beautiful, and skimpy, clothes. Aleane herself is in Vos Tower. This is a female only clothes mod. Sorry guys.

NOTE: This mod is designed to be used with Better Bodies. It will work without it but with some clipping issues.

Carnithus' Armamentarium. - This mod adds some wicked evil looking armor, weaponry and wings for both Males and Females. It's hard to find. The shop is located NW of Molag Mar and just Due East of Telasero. Easiest to use the console to find it - COC "carnithus' armamentarium" will take you right to the front door.

Dark Brotherhood Armor Replacer - This mod retextures the Dark Brotherhood armor, making it more like the conceptual art released before Tribunal. Very cool and also adds a few new weapons. It also has a pack of Alternative textures for the armor so you can choose which variety you receive in game.

Morrowind Visual Pack - This mod replaces many different kinds of textures to the game. It stays close to the original. Ground and floor, grass and mud, wall, door, rock, crack, bark and wood, etc. All around the island. 102 textures are replaced. The results are gorgeous! So much so it was elected into the PES Hall of Fame.

Better Looking Morrowind - Better Looking Morrowind changes all by converting the landscape of the Ashland's, Molag Amur, and Red Mountain into green heaven of trees and grass. No longer a endless gray and black terrain, broken only by the occasional pool of molten lava. Also all of the trees and tree-like objects in Vardenfel have been replaced with better models, with the exception of the tree models in Bitter Coast. Also includes Misty Moon's Morrowind Retextured pack: better sign's, banner's, tapestry, land, items, ingredients, flora, silt strider, books weapons and a lot more with enhanced/re-textured, sharper and some new textures. And, smaller red crosshair, and Daedric/English menu text.

Here is a fairly comprehensive list of world replacers for Morrowind from the UESP - http://www.uesp.net/...World_Replacers

Morrowind Grass - Adds you guessed it! Grass! To various areas of the mainland. If you are using MGE there is an esp for animated grass, a la Oblivion.

These are various texture packs/mods made by Vality which will change your game in beautiul ways. I highly recommend these.

Vality's Ascadian Isles

Vality's Balmora

Vality's Bitter Coast

Vality's Ice Caverns Enhanced

I want Morrowind for the PC so badly. YOUR SO LUCKY! D: D: D:(Vereta goes to cry in a corner.)

I know it's hard to find these days. I have a friend who spent the better part of 5 months hunting down a GOTY edition.

Mind you...there are less...savory ways to 'come by' a copy. :ahoy: But we wont talk about those. That would be bad, Yeeeeees.

Anyway! Here's a few screenies of my current character who now has near Oblivion worthy looks thanks to Better Bodies and Westley's head pack. lol

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/whoguru/Oblivion%20Screenshots/ScreenShot65-1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/whoguru/Oblivion%20Screenshots/ScreenShot54-1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/whoguru/Oblivion%20Screenshots/ScreenShot62-1-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I am in the midst of shopping for a new PC, and as much as I shouldn't admit it here, I am looking forward to installing Morrowind even more than I'm looking forward to installing Oblivion. :blush: �One of my favorite games of all time.

Seconded! I bought a new video card in 2002 or 03 and with it came just a disc called Morrowind. I had never heard of TES.

I put it in and from the initial music - and "Hey, wake up, we're almost there" - I was completely entranced. I had no map, no manual, but the mournful tones of that rendition of the theme music combined with the peaceful beginning and the complete freedom hooked me immediately. MW was and is unlike any game I've ever played.

I'm sorry I don't have a list of mods. But I couldn't help myself. I had to sing MW's praises!

Grond, you're not just speaking my language- you're singing it! :blush:

"They have taken you from the Imperial City Prison, first by carriage, now by boat. Fear not, for I am watchful. You have been chosen." Paraphrasing here, of course, but my heart stirred at those words.

This was a world of Possibilities, not probabilities.

Amazing how a "fresh coat of paint" can bring it all back to life like that. Vivec looks particularly imposing. Nice!

Doesn't it though? Vivec is my favorite of the retexes. It just looks amazing. I've blown so much time since installing this mod just wandering around looking at stuff like a tourist. LMAO

LOL, I don't blame you. I think that when the new PC arrives, I will have a good time looking at the various texture replacers for MW. I am also thinking of adding Vality's mods- I saw some beautiful pictures of Balmora, canopied by trees, and his/her take on the Bitter Coast was really beautiful. Honestly, I think a few graphics mods, to refine the look are all I want to really enjoy MW again. But I'm aware that there are some great quest mods for it too, so I'll be trying them too.

Ooh, Vality? I'm gonna have to go look that up!

I'll be digging into quest mods next. I've seen a couple interesting looking ones for the Dark Brotherhood, Morag Tong and Ashlanders that look promising. Of course, I have to find them again. Lost the bookmarks when my hard drive had a melt down last year. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

i made a morrowind mod once, a very loooonnnggggg time ago :pints: it was mostly a personal project to fix up the slaves in morrowind so you could get proper companions from them.

Slave Companions

Im just about to start playing, once Vality get her list of graphics mods back up again. does the page work for anyone else? it just bumps me back to the homepage each time. Link

but check out some pictures there, they rival oblivion graphics. Some random ones here:

lit-008.jpg

graze16.jpg

balmoramod00.jpg

bcj03.jpg

albums-i201-Vality7-Screenshotsa-5.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hear's my history of gettin' morrowind:

PC Gamer - Rerelease

Spent Ages trying to get the original 4 cd boxed version for the map.

Finally got it, the play disc broke after a few weeks due to the overtight case.

Bought a Single Dutch/English DVD release.

Got feed up with the stupid auto-load every time I put the bloomin' thing in, so patched to no-cd and copied the movie files off the disk so it still plays 'em wiothout it :pints:

Back to the original theme of this topic. I haven't played Morrowind in a while, but I remember the two that are essential, from my point-of-view. They are RealSignposts and Animal behavior. The real signposts should have been part of the original game, while Animal behavior makes the game so much more enjoyable. My character isn't constantly attacked by those large. bat-like things (I can't remember their name; maybe I have early onset!).