Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vereta

[Dicussion] Vereta's Mod(s)

29 posts in this topic

This thread is for discussion of my current projects before their official WIP is out. An idea building thread, basically.

Current Project: Village (unnamed)

About my mod... I'm looking for a location and may have just found it. (link)

But... There's an Oblivion gate nearby, should I worry about it? (link)

P.S. Congratulations on your 100th member TESAlliance!

[Admin Action] Moved and Edited by DarkRider

@Vereta - It depends on if 'you' want to be worried about it. There are not many places that don't have a gate near them.

Another note, not all gates will open. There are over 90 gate locations, but only around 60 will ever open in the game.

If you put the town too close, the daedra WILL attack the villagers if they are not protected.

Hm, do you think they will attack them from were that house is?

Probably not from where the house is, unless the villagers wander around, or you build any closer to the gate.

But, things happen. A deer 'could' lead the daedra into the middle of town.

Walls would help with that.

Would it be to much trouble if I built around Fort Black Boot? I'd have to clear it of outer creature spawns that's for sure.

I think.... a village needs something unique. I should probably place something like a land mark and then build around it. I have some writing to do.

Ideas:

Tree (like Chorrol)

Rock

Building

Fort

Lake

Something else

Ideas?

How about a small park with some trees and statues, perhaps a monument to some epic battle?

I like a village around a pond, or small lake. There are none of those. It would be good it there were lots of trees too.

cyrodiil.jpg

This location might be nice, and there is already a road going through it.

The lake sounds nice. Gotta' make it a close compound though. Walls and such. People can go through but they aren't really 'welcome.' It's gonna' be a close community after all.

You could go for the lake a bit further southeast of the pond I circled on the map. It is a bit more recluse, and a bit bigger.

Problem. The lake is a crater:

(link)

(link)

(link)

But, there is still this nice little slope into the lake:

(link)

And here's a resource I most likely will be using:

(link)

Steep cliffs. That should make a good secluded place for your town. And that easy slop should work well.

Bonus: There is a ruined fort nearby for the kiddies to play in.

Lol, hopefully it has no quests linked to it so I can mod it up for a quest of my own.

Layout time. Here is the area closes to the late that's east to edit. The land to the left is a steep hill:

(link)

(link)

Looks good. That Oblivion gate appears pretty close. Will you have walls to prevent the critters from destroying the town? Amd not build too close to it.

Of course. I don't want my smart NPCs dieing on me. That;s what I'll be calling them, smart NPCs. They will all have a personality individually and will be very much unique to the story of the village.

Hey if you need any one for pathing il do it!

idea: if you dont want them going near the gate or fort or w/e! you can make preferred path nodes they are blue, make them on roads and the side walk in the city or town or w/e! and the npcs will go for them more then the red or orange path nodes, meaning if you make the blue path nodes only around the town and the road it is less likely the npcs will go near the fort or oblivion gate unless command by an AI packge or a script or a quest.

I can telll you how to do this is you wish just send me a pm   aa_biggrin.gif

Pathnode1.jpg

Pathnode2.jpg

As you can see the  blue nodes  are the one the npc will look at first and follow but will use the red nodes if its faster or w/e

orange and red nodes are the same just orange is used in the wildness. the above screen shots are to show that you need to change the pathing if you change the road ect, also regenerate the the pathgrid in the cell after to optimize he linking of the nodes takes about 1 sec to do. Im not sure if you knew any of this but if you id it might help some one else or if you didnt then ive help you  :pints:

Commads

hold alt and right click when in edit path mod to place blue node

hold ctrl + alt and right click to place orange

right click to place red node

hold ctrl and left click to connect nodes