DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Idea] Staff Overhaul

Hello  :pints:

Anybody have any ideas for a Staff Overhaul? I'm sorta kinda working on one already, and features that I have finished or am going to include are....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Custom Staffs (have two already, one I am probably just going to get rid of, and the other needs texture work)

Quests for the more powerful Staffs

All Staffs in the Off-Hand, as a Shield, with a Torch variant! Go Dual-Wielding!

When a staff is equipped, it gives the player certain new spells that correspond with what the Staff was made for. (Simple Script, so "finished")

Completely Custom Spells with new animations (Maybe)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I said, I am sorta working on this, but I'd like some input. And perhaps maybe volunteers for custom Staffs, spell animations, and Quests (two people are better then one!) while I learn my way through blender.

Idea originally occurred from a post on Tesnexus, that made me realize how much I hated how Staffs in the Elder Scrolls series played such a minimal role in a Mages life.

Im wondering if its possible to get a "sword" to cast a spell when you swing. that would be really cool. Anyhoo, as it is, Im interested in an overhaul, though I do not play as a mage ever (ironic i make animated staffs eh?)

Something im working on are caster weapons. Like swords that do little to know physical damage but do elemental damage via enchantment, and shields will more benefit mages as well.

Im wondering if its possible to get a "sword" to cast a spell when you swing. that would be really cool. Anyhoo, as it is, Im interested in an overhaul, though I do not play as a mage ever (ironic i make animated staffs eh?)Something im working on are caster weapons. Like swords that do little to know physical damage but do elemental damage via enchantment, and shields will more benefit mages as well.

Our mod has something like that on the sword.  It cast soul trap and eats the soul to recharge itself.  aa_biggrin.gif  My little stroke of brilliance there and our builders personal nightmare.  
Is that the kind of thing you're thinking of?

making a sword a staff doesnt work because its still "a staff" meaning the animations are the same... Im talking swing the sword and a spell comes flying out.

Which makes me thing... I "could" replace the staff animations with the sword animations... *ponders*

No i mean like actually cast a spell, like a staff, but on a 1h weapon. make the weapon look like a wand, and ban, your all set!PS: haha, you got the egg!

LOL  Don't crack on my shell man!!   :cavalier:

But seriously, I see what you're saying now.  I suppose you'd have to something like use the textures of a staff but give it the properties of a sword?  Which would make it a bit weird to swing in battle.
Kalikut's trade goods mod has a selection of Staves that can not only be enchanted but used as blunt weapons.  Might take a look at that and see if that could lead you in the right direction.  I like this little mod.
http://www.elricm.co...etails&lid=2881

@ Stryder:  I'm not entirely sure how Mage got it to work!   aa_tongue.gif   You'll have to ask him.  it does work though!  Beautifully!  You only have to worry about charging it in a pitched battle with a single foe, but killing your own summons solves that problem.  lol

Im wondering if its possible to get a "sword" to cast a spell when you swing. that would be really cool. Anyhoo, as it is, Im interested in an overhaul, though I do not play as a mage ever (ironic i make animated staffs eh?)Something im working on are caster weapons. Like swords that do little to know physical damage but do elemental damage via enchantment, and shields will more benefit mages as well.

set sword dmg to 0 set a staff scipt to it =D not sure if it would work but worth a try!