DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Modelling & Textureing

Vereta

Question #2: How do I snap models onto other models in Blender? In 3DSMax (Will be getting soon)?
Hmm not sure what you meant by "snap on". If you meant taking 2 seperate objects and making them 1 in the modeling program.

Then in Max you select one object (must be an editable mesh) and scroll down the tool panel on the right side till you see the "Atach" button. Once you've clicked on Attach any other object you click on are attached to the first. With Atach clicked you can also press the "H" key on your keyboard to see a list of every object in your scene, everything you select from the list will be attached. (handy if you have overlapping objects that are hard to click on)

Good Luck,
WT

Ok, another question.When I add a mesh in blender and apply a sub-surf to it it also applies it to another mesh that I have there. How do I get the sub-surf to apply to only one mesh?
You should be in Object mode and have only the mesh you want subsurfed selected.  With just that mesh highlighted, go to the Modifiers tab (F9 in Object Mode), click on Add Modifier, and choose Subsurf from the pop-up menu.

• 2 weeks later...

In the CS, did you define the object as a misc item (with an icon, etc.)?  If you did that, did you create a collision shape?  You can not interact with any object in Oblivion that does not have a collision mesh.  Collision meshes for clutter items (things you can pick up) can be rather tricky.  We'll go over that in the modeling class.