DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Basic Retexturing Services

Running4Cover

1st - The Will O' The Wisp doesn't seem to use a conventional Mesh and Texture, it instead seems to just be a fire animation floating around... I don't know the first thing about animating, and as such do not know how to recolor it.  I am sure someone else here knows how they work, but I seriously don't...

This is incorrect. The WoW uses textures and meshes just like every other creature. There are 3 that you need to recolor: willowispecontanier.dds, willowispglow01.dds and willowispmist01.dds

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is incorrect. The WoW uses textures and meshes just like every other creature. There are 3 that you need to recolor: willowispecontanier.dds, willowispglow01.dds and willowispmist01.dds

Really?  What meshes are used, then?  None of the meshes seem to have NiTriShapes with NiMaterialProperties.  The "skeleton" has three NiParticleSystems with material properties, but I can't figure out how those work (gah, nifs!!!).  By the way, thanks for the correction ;-)

CC

Really?  What meshes are used, then?  None of the meshes seem to have NiTriShapes with NiMaterialProperties.  The "skeleton" has three NiParticleSystems with material properties, but I can't figure out how those work (gah, nifs!!!).  By the way, thanks for the correction ;-)CC

You add the textures under the NiTexturingProperty of the three particle systems.

...so, sorry for the disappointments, and I'm going to see what else I can do now, but I thought I should let you know what's going on ;-)

lol, no disappointments, the fact that your even trying is more than i could have asked for.  And on the criiter note, retexture any creature you want, the more the better :bagged:
thank you again...and again....and again

EDIT: just thought of this, with the dreadweave helm, could you just delete the eyes? or no?

agh, I can't see the stuff aplied in nifSkope!  Is there a way to preview the whole thing without adding it to Oblivion?

You should be able to see it in the construction set. Place the creature somewhere and its should show what it looks like.
Not in a leveled list though, that only shows the 'M' marker.

If you change the texture, delete the creature from the world, then place it again. I think that usually 'reloads' the texture for the creature again. As long as you don't have any of them placed elsewhere, that is.

If you change the texture, delete the creature from the world, then place it again. I think that usually 'reloads' the texture for the creature again. As long as you don't have any of them placed elsewhere, that is.

You should rarely, if ever, need to do this.

The Construction Set will very regularly fail to take note of recent texture or mesh changes if I'm making more than 4 or 5 changes.

Re-loading the CS is how I fix this.

• 2 months later...

Ah, I feel I must now apologize for the last... 3 or so months... due to the interesting things that occur in life, I have been unable to give a thought to Obliivion since the last post I made on here... I realize I should have come back and explained but, well, sorry... I am, however, glad you got things the way you wanted, and may be able to work on some projects again in the near future, although I am afraid I am not taking requests anymore, so this thread is sort of pointless... that said, thanks for your interest, and sorry for going so long without contacting anyone or anything...  now I'm just going to continue typing in hopes that I can fit another "..." or two in here... ... ... okay, there, I'm good :P  Again, I'm very sorry for bailing on you all like that, and I may be able to get back into Oblivion Modding soon (although, sadly, I have somewhat lost interest in Oblivion itself).  Well, yeah, that's all :swordplay:

CC