DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Basic Retexturing Services

Running4Cover

Okay, I have recently become obsessed with retexturing, and been doing it in my spare time.  I am getting sick of just taking random textures and tweaking them, it's just getting boring.  So anyway, for the sake of the community (and my sanity) I'm offering my Texturing "skills" to anyone who wants them.  These are my limitations:

1) I can only REtexture, if you give me a blank 3D model, and say "make it like this", I will fail miserably.  Give me something that already has a texture!

2) I do have limited amounts of time, so nobody expect me to crank out something in a few hours (although it COULD happen)

3) I need detailed descriptions!  If I don't know what you want, nobody will be happy with the result!

oh, and 4) I don't make anything that could be classified as "Adult Content"

When I make you a texture, you may use it, but it will not be released as a Modder's Resource, so only use it in your mod, don't just give it to whomever.  It's still my texture, so please give me credit for my work.

I realize it is a bit of an assumption to think that people here will want me to do stuff for them and their mods, but I figured nobody else was offering to help with retextures, so I may as well throw my services out here for now.  Here are a few pics of stuff I just made (they are relatively limited, as I havn't made a whole lot of stuff before):

For my recent work on the Armaments of Bloodsight, go HERE

welkyndarmorpic044wy1.jpg

welkyndarmorpic017lu9.jpg

20561-4-1226705073.jpg

20561-1-1226634519.jpg

welkyndarmorpic042se0.jpg

welkyndarmorpic020hs3.jpg

20468-1-1224451456.jpg

welkyndarmorpic018bc8.jpg

20561-2-1226706281.jpg

20561-1-1226706281.jpg

welkyndarmorpic027zy0.jpg

I have worked Welkynd textures a lot, so obviously there is a bit of that floating around here.

If you would like me to do a retexture for you, I can't stress this enough, I need detailed descriptions... something like "I want a steel sword with a blue handle, green blade, and purple symbold that looks like this!" with a link to  a symbol... not to say that wouldn't be hideous, but you get the idea :-P.  Anyways, yeah, I'll see who comments/requests ;-)

CC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R4 these are wicked! (did I say this before)  aa_biggrin.gif

From an Illustrator point of view, as I;m still newer to textures, I might suggest removing the big white stripes (battle axe and whom ever) leave that up to the magic enchantments. Just make a reallly, I mean REALLLY rich color for each tone you use. You want it to POP!  aa_biggrin.gif

@WhoGuru

I was really hoping someone else here watched Psych :-D

I'm glad you like my patterns so much!

@StryderofOblivion

Glad you like them, and the Blue version already exists; I'll probably be releasing it tomorrow with 47 (I think... some are really similar, though) other Welkynd-inspired weapon retextures, most likely under the name "Ayleid Blades and Blunts".  It has red, blue and green versions of #2, #4, #6, and #7, amongst others (although #2 and #6 are both versions of the same weapon).  Hope you likey :-D

CC

R4 these are wicked! (did I say this before)  aa_biggrin.gif From an Illustrator point of view, as I;m still newer to textures, I might suggest removing the big white stripes (battle axe and whom ever) leave that up to the magic enchantments. Just make a reallly, I mean REALLLY rich color for each tone you use. You want it to POP!  aa_biggrin.gif

My goal with these was to implement the vanilla Welkynd Stone textures, with as few changes to the welkynd parts as possible (resize, crop, and sharpen :-P), while using the patterns hidden in them, as opposed to masking them.  I did originally want to make a fourth, more vibrant color (deep purple [ah! Now "Smoke on the Water" is stuck in my head!!!"]), but I'm actually getting sick of Welkynd retexes :-P (I'm sure some time after I do some other stuff, at which point I will also add the Mace).  I highly value your opinion, and am glad you think so highly of these!

@Verita
  I'm glad you like these, and will be interested to see what you create ;-)

R4 these are wicked! (did I say this before)  aa_biggrin.gif From an Illustrator point of view, as I;m still newer to textures, I might suggest removing the big white stripes (battle axe and whom ever) leave that up to the magic enchantments. Just make a reallly, I mean REALLLY rich color for each tone you use. You want it to POP!  aa_biggrin.gif
My goal with these was to implement the vanilla Welkynd Stone textures, with as few changes to the welkynd parts as possible (resize, crop, and sharpen :-P), while using the patterns hidden in them, as opposed to masking them.  I did originally want to make a fourth, more vibrant color (deep purple [ah! Now "Smoke on the Water" is stuck in my head!!!"]), but I'm actually getting sick of Welkynd retexes :-P (I'm sure some time after I do some other stuff, at which point I will also add the Mace).  I highly value your opinion, and am glad you think so highly of these!@Verita   I'm glad you like these, and will be interested to see what you create ;-)

Playboy I want to make a twizted variant? of these for you... Red Mountain fire opal™ style? If not for your use, then for the peeps? Whatya say? I seez it!

Playboy I want to make a twizted variant? of these for you... Red Mountain fire opal™ style? If not for your use, then for the peeps? Whatya say? I seez it!

I have to say, I can barely read that, and am not sure what you are asking (I feel stupid :-P).  From what I can tell you are offering/asking to make a "Red Mountain Fire Opal" variant of these?  I could have that completely wrong though (I'm not great with gramatical shorthand :-D).  If you would re-post this I would be happy to answer :-)

CC

Sorry  :D I get excited when I have an idea. I have an idea for a unique twist. A different gem effect, not welkynd stone.

Ah, that could be really interesting!  I remember thinking awhile ago (before I started modding) that ruby/sapphire/emerald blades should be made, but I never game it more thought.  I'm not sure what the question is, but I like the idea :-D

(btw, Shorthand-ers Anonymous, or SA, did wonders for me [just kidding!!!])

Side note, Ayleid Blades and Blunts has just been released on TESNexus.  The release thread on TESA and the BGS Thread have been posted.  Let me know what you think ;-)

CC

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... okay, I just added some new pics (a club, celtic blade, sapphire cuirass, etc), and I need something else to do.  I've been using THIS thread on BGS forums recently (very little interest), and posting my stuff HERE on TESNexus, but I need something to do other than just make stuff off the top of my head, because I have created some pretty horrific-looking stuff (as far as retina-searing and gag-inducing go :-D).  Anyway, yeah, thats the update of my life (whoo-hoo!)...now somebody do something. because I'm bored :-P

CC

Hey, im looking for a retexture of a town flag, i was wondering if you could do this for me please?What i need.I need a retextured town flag, it needs to look like an bandit flag of some sort. I dont realy care which town flag you retexture.Cheers

What town flags are you referring to?  It shouldn;t be hard to retexture a banner or something, I just want to make sure I do the right piece :-D  Also, when you say a "bandit flag of some sort", are you giving me creative license of some sort, or do you have something specific in mind?  (i.e. symbol / color scheme ?)  Anyways, yeah, it shouldn;t be too difficult to do a flag/banner thing, I just want to make sure that you get what you want :-D

CC

EDIT:
If I make this model into a bandit design, is this what you meant?
welkyndarmorpic088ij7.jpg
(I feel it is worth noting that this banner model is meant to be placed with its back against a wall, not sure if this is the model you want, or not :-D)

Yeah pretty much and yes i was givinhg you a creative license :pints: as long as its bandit like it would be fine!

Just need the flag for my dark stone tavern mod, as its really a bandit town =/ and the model im after is more like one that can go on a pole so this one would work, i would just have to stick it to a pole =D

Yeah pretty much and yes i was givinhg you a creative license :cry: as long as its bandit like it would be fine!Just need the flag for my dark stone tavern mod, as its really a bandit town =/ and the model im after is more like one that can go on a pole so this one would work, i would just have to stick it to a pole =D

hmm... actually this one wouldn't work on a flagpole, as it is shaped so as to look like there is a mount behind it... I can't recall ever seeing a flag on a pole in Oblivion, but I'd believe that I'm jusy inattentive.  Where did you see one?  I just need to know what model to retex, sorry for the holdup :-)

btw, any particular icon/symbol sound good to you?

I'll give a shot at it too, even though I'm a ghost here now? :pI'll throw some gnarly custom icons on them  :pints:

Aww... you're not a ghost... more like a Shadow... or maybe a "hider"...  Ooh, I know, you're a Shadowhider!!!  Imagine that... ;-)

hmmm no i havent seen any, but i guess that would dom i could put it up to a wall :pints: and imarge would be fine as long as its bandit like lol

There is a regular flag type object for Oblivion. It's used on the ships and even waves as if blown by the wind. Object is under architectureshipsshipflag01