DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Basic Retexturing Services

Running4Cover

hmmm no i havent seen any, but i guess that would dom i could put it up to a wall :pints: and imarge would be fine as long as its bandit like lol
There is a regular flag type object for Oblivion. It's used on the ships and even waves as if blown by the wind. Object is under architectureshipsshipflag01

Thank you ;-)
I'll jump on that in the morning, 'night all :-P

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Happy-I-Am

Okay, I've barely had time to mess with concept, but I've worked with the mesh and textures some, and found them extremely simple and easy to use.  I can pretty much make any pattern in any colors with symbol, and I can probably do it really quickly.  Anyway, not knowing what you want, I thought I'd let you express your opinion.  Essentially what I've been doing is creating a pattern in the background (in these pics the "x" inside the borders), then recoloring the whole thing, then superimposing an image over that (in these pictures a skull), and sometimes recoloring that.  Please note that the mesh looks lumpy on this, because these are still shots, and obviously it's supposed to be moving (this is why the skull looks twisted).  Anyway, I'll stop talking now, and show you the extremely rough textures I made in the last, like, 10 minutes :-P

welkyndarmorpic090cr7.jpg

welkyndarmorpic089rv8.jpg

welkyndarmorpic088sh5.jpg

Obviously these look overly-piratical, but I'm blaming the skull :-P  Anyway, I need input/guidance, because you should never let me go free reign (last time I started texturing without a goal I made THIS, and I'm quite certain you don't want that (luckily I eventually made a toned-down version of the club that did in fact look cool-ish, but you get the idea).  So, yeah, let me know how you want it ;-)

CC

Okay, I've messed with the design a little, and came up with these.  Sadly, my bandana-addign skills are pretty pathetic :-P  Anyway, this is the basic Skull with axe layout I made:

welkyndarmorpic093ry2.jpg

and here's the rather pathetic addition of a bandana:

welkyndarmorpic094my8.jpg

By the way, for the finished product or whatever, should I leave the icons on the flag looking as superimposed as they do on these, or should I try to make them look like they blend into the rest of the flag a little more?  Let me know what to change :-D

CC

• 2 months later...

mind retexting something for me?  not sure if ur still doing this or not...i just stumbled upon this site today :)

I have been taking a bit of a break, but if you provide some detail, I could certainly take a look ;-)  What exactly did ye have in mind..?

(oh, and by the way, the whole "I don't do Normal/Glow Maps" thing is out of date, I am somewhat experienced in their creation now :-D)

CC

awesome, well i just need rextes of some armor, spells, and if possible sword enchantment effects.  I'm not sure which you can do so let me know.   And the retexes will be used in my Darkness mod

http://www.bethsoft....opic=947154&hl=

once you let me know what ur willing to do ill post a request :)

EDIT: do u do creatures? cuase i need a black will o' wisp...

awesome, well i just need rextes of some armor, spells, and if possible sword enchantment effects.  I'm not sure which you can do so let me know.   And the retexes will be used in my Darkness modhttp://www.bethsoft....opic=947154&hl=once you let me know what ur willing to do ill post a request :)EDIT: do u do creatures? cuase i need a black will o' wisp...

Hmm... I don't do spells or enchantments (I don't even know how to do them :-P), but I could probably make a Black will o' wisp (I'll take a look at the model), and I can do armor.  I don't know how much armor you want me to do, but I probably won't have time to do a whole suit, unless you just want a basic recolor (like purple daedric or something like that :-P).  Anyways, if you tell me what armor(s) you want retextured, and how you would like it done, I'll see how much I can do.

CC

aa_biggrin.gif  great!

none of them are major retextures, just small tweaks to better suit my mod...and yes, i got all the permissions from original authors :)

okay, so here goes...

-1st in the Dreadweave helm mod i would like the

white eyes and dot on forehead black

-2nd, i would like the Lich Kings armor/helm retext'd to be more along the lines of this.  I know there's an obsidian version, but that just dont cut it  :blush:  also, could u make the blue gem/eyes black as well?

-and lastly, i would love to have this Berserker armor a bit darker.  Like, see  here, maybe blacken any where it's gray (i.e. shoulders, chestpiece, horns, etc.)

-and among the will o' wisps, any creature retextured to black/shadowy would be much appreciated.

I know this is a lot, but i figured i'd lay it all down now anyway.  Any help would be so greatly appreciated i can not even use words to describe it.

So, in a nutshell, you just want darker versions of those objects?  Easy enough, I should be able to make these look the way you want them too :-D  I'm currently really sick (something flu-like), but in a few days (saturday?) I'll DL those and darken them up for you.  I'll send you some screenies then, and you can tell me what you want changed on them :-D  Also, I assume you'll be able to add the textures to the meshes yourself, so when I send these to you, I won't have to include Meshes and Normal Maps?  If that's not the case, I could send you the whole thing, I just wondered.  Anyways, I'll work on this then, as soon as I feel alive again :-P

CC

Alrighty, then, I've taken a look at some of this stuff, and have had some rather depressing revelations, but it's not all bad :-D

1st - The Will O' The Wisp doesn't seem to use a conventional Mesh and Texture, it instead seems to just be a fire animation floating around... I don't know the first thing about animating, and as such do not know how to recolor it.  I am sure someone else here knows how they work, but I seriously don't...

2nd - I downloaded the dreadweave helm, and it turns out the glowing eyes aren't part of the model or texture either, but instead some kind of animation thing.  I can very easily change the thing on the forehead, but I have no idea whats up with the eyes (again, someone else here would know how that's done, but outside of textures, I know very little about how this stuff works :-D)

3rd - I can't say for sure yet, but the glowing blue parts of the Lich King armor look like they aren't textures either (I could be wrong at this point, and am looking into it now)

4th - News that isn't bad!  I havn't looked too closely at the Berserker armor yet, but it looks very easily editable! (yay)

5th - If there are critters other than the Will O' The Wisp that you want black, I could probebly recolor them very easily for you :-D

...so, sorry for the disappointments, and I'm going to see what else I can do now, but I thought I should let you know what's going on ;-)

CC

EDIT:

By the way, "animation" was probably the wrong word to abuse, but it's something weird in the mesh :-D