DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Post for my Work In Progress lessons #1

WillieSea

This thread will be used by myself for my work in progress scripts. If you have any ideas or suggestions about a class during its WIP phase, let me know here.

When the class goes live, this thread will be locked.

This class will deal with making menu's in scripts and how to use them to get a players response to a question.

The next post will be updated frequently with the class material.

[align=center]Menu Selections

MessageBox & GetButtonPressed

Class Three[/align]

[align=center]This topic will cover the creation and use of menus.[/align]

NOTES: Using this website.

1. Code Windows can be expanded by clicking the 'Expand' text on the code window header.

2. Code can be copied by clicking the 'Select' text on the code window header, then pressing Ctrl + C to Copy it.

3. Screenshots can be viewed fullsize by clicking on the image, and maximizing the image window.

[align=center]Chapter One - The MessageBox[/align]

A message box displays a message on the screen, pauses gameplay, and waits for the player to click a button the the message box.

You may remember that we created a simple message box in class 1.

Class01Chpt01Pg15.jpg

As you can see, there is a pop-up window with the text "Hello!", and one button that says "Done". This is the default setup for a message box. Text is displayed, and a single button is displayed.

Now, here is a simple button menu with four options the player can choose from.

scn MyButton01Scriptshort getButtonshort buttonbegin onactivate	if getButton == 0		messagebox "You have 4 options.", "Choice 1", "Choice 2", "Choice 3", "Choice 4"		set getButton to 1	endifendBegin GameMode	if getButton == 1		set button to getbuttonpressed		if button 

Notes:

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I been busy! LOL!If you want to take a stab at the tut, go for it. I can then put it together in a classroom...

Excellent idea! William, I recommend posting the tutorial as a "Guest Lecture" I've started doing this in the texture class, might be a great way to allow others to participate!  :woot:

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'd like to know more about AI packages and how to put them together. i have a mod i wanna make where a mugger attacks you with a special club, then once you're(or an npc) is knockedout he steals your gold and runs for home. I'm also planning on shoplifters and burglars.