DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

324 files

1. [Beta] Insanitys Pet Shop

Insanity’s Pet Shop [beta 1 - Updated with Patch 4]

1. Description
    1.1 – Features
    1.2 – Pets
    1.3 - Commands
    2. Requirements
    3. Installation/Un-Installation
    4. Know bugs and Issues
    5. Incompatibilities
    6. Credits and Thanks

1. Description
    Insanity’s Pet Shop is my interpretation of what a pet shop mod should be, so you will find some similarities to other pet shop mods but also some significant differences.
    This mod came about because of some posts I read on both the BGS forums and TESNexus, people were having some issues with some of the more popular mods. These mods were editing things in the game which would disrupt things like companions dialogue, the biggest problem was that these mods were no longer updated or supported. This was the same reason I stopped using them.
    That is what caused me to finally decide I was going to develop a mod, but first things first was to find out if such mod would be wanted by the community, so I ran a poll over at the BGS forums and I got lots of positive feedback and lots of ideas and support. It was great, and now here you are reading this readme.
    Beta 1 Notes:
    There are a few things in this Beta that have been disabled, this is due to them being incomplete, not implemented or me not being happy with them. Here I have listed them:

Voice Acting – Yup I have a small amount to cover the few lines the shop keeper has, but at this moment in time I have not implemented them yet.
    Pet Interactions – These are simple things like petting your animal, I have disabled these due to them not being finished. Due to limitations there petting interaction is only a sound from the pet.
    Version 1 Plans:

The current plans for Version 1 are to fix any bugs that appear and any balancing issues there may be. I also will be adding to the current list of pets with the following and more:
    Rat
    Dogs [Yes multiple breeds]
    Plus More

Your ideas and requests are welcome though they may not be met/implemented in version 1.

1.1 Features
    Feeding – Feeding is taken care of by buying or finding Boar Meat. This is the generic food for all pets for now, this will be changed. Once you have the boar meat access the pet menu and navigate to feed, choose this and the pet will take the food.
    Growth – This happens automatically after feeding, the animal will grow depending on the players level. The actual amount of growth is locked so the pet will not become an outrageous size.
    Naming – Naming is quite simple but can only be performed once per pet. Click the pet license for you chosen pet, it will bring up a menu. Here you can choose a sample name or input your own name. If you select “New Name” close any menus and an input box will appear, here you can enter your pet’s name.
    Skills – You can teach your pet skills. Each skill requires a certain number of skill tokens which you can acquire from the shop keeper. There are 6 skills to choose from, each 5 of them are find item skills and the last is a share inventory skill.
    • Find Loose Gold: Sends the pet off to find loose gold coins.
    • Find Lock Pick: Sends the pet off to find lock picks
    • Find Health Potion: Sends the pet off to find health potions
    • Find Magicka Potion: Sends the pet off to find Magicka potions
    • Find Flora: Sends the pet off to find flora
    • Share Inventory: Allows you to access the pet’s inventory.

Note: To make things easier all pets share the same inventory so you can easily keep track of items.

Abilities - You can teach your pet abilities. Each ability requires a certain number of ability tokens which you can acquire from the shop keeper. There are 4 abilities in total.
    • Health Boost – This gives the pet a 60pt health boost
    • Fatigue Boost – This gives the pet a 50pt fatigue boost
    • Resist Normal Weapons – This gives the pet a 10pt resistance bonus
    • Magic Resistance – This gives the pet a 10pt resistance bonus

Pet Taming – You can purchase a spell from the shop keeper that will allow you to cast the spell at a creature and have a chance of taming it. This spell is a touch spell so you have to be close to the creature.

Now the spell is not all you need, you need to entice the creature with food. The better the quality of the food the more of a chance you have of taming it, but that is not the only thing that affects your chances. You also have a taming skill which has an effect on your chances and also increase like other skills do.
    [This can be displayed by using Kuertee’s HUD Components]
    Here are some of the variables that affect you chances of success:
    Taming Skill
    Food [Quality]
    Taming Chance
    Unique Pet Import [Disabled] – This allows you to import unique pets found in the world from other mods and purchase them in the pet shop as you would do with normal pets.
    Note: These pets are generic pets and are not uniquely set up like the pets in the mod.

1.2 Pets
    Here is a list of pets currently purchasable in the mod:

Tiger
    White Tiger
    Leopard
    Black Leopard
    Unique Leopard [Violet eyes, colour change]
    Panther
    Boar

1.3 Commands
    Here I will give a small bit of info into each actual command, to make it a bit easier I broke the menu down to show the full extent.
    Commands
    Follow - This will tell your pet to follow you
    Wait – This will tell your pet to wait, it will wait in this current location
    Sleep – This will tell your pet to sleep
    Home – This sends your pet home
    Home Marker – This allows you to set your home marker, this needs to be set before the pet can be sent home.

Pet Care
    Care
    Heal – This allows you to heal a small amount of the pet’s wounds
    Feed – Feeding your pet allows it to grow
    Resurrect - After your pet is dead, buy a resurrect kit and use this option to revive your pet.
    Interaction
    Pet [Disabled] – The pet will purr at the player
    Play Dead [Disabled] – The pet will lay down and play dead

Teach
    Teach Skills
    Find Loose Gold
    Find Lock Pick
    Find Health Potion
    Find Magicka Potion
    Find Flora
    Teach Abilities
    Health Boost
    Fatigue Boost
    Normal Weapon Resistance
    Magic Resistance

Abilities/Skills
    Learned Abilities
    Health Boost
    Fatigue Boost
    Normal Weapon Resistance
    Magic Resistance
    Learned Skills
    Find Loose Gold
    Find Lock Pick
    Find Health Potion
    Find Magicka Potion
    Find Flora

Pet Status – This shows the pet’s current status like health, fatigue and attributes.

Combat
    Passive - This makes the pet less aggressive.
    Aggressive – This makes the pet more aggressive and likely to start combat.

2. Requirements
    Oblivion 1.2.416 [Latest Patch]
    OBSE version 17 or higher
    [OBSE can be found here: http://obse.silverlock.org/]

3. Installation/Un-Installation
    Extract the following to your Oblivion/Data directory:
    Insanity’s Pet Shop.bsa
    Insanity’s Pet Shop.esp
    ini folder
    Note: Inside the INI folder resides the pet shops own INI file, while it does not have reams of options, it does allow you to turn on/off a few of the important features. It is clearly written with notes on each setting.
    To remove the mod delete the following from your Oblivion/Data Directory:
    Insanity’s Pet Shop.bsa
    Insanity’s Pet Shop.esp
    Insanity’s Pet Shop.ini from the ini folder
    Optional Sign: In the optional sign folder you will find replacement textures for the shop sign. This was requested. The sign will say “Pet Shop” instead of “Insanity’s Pet Shop”. Just extract the textures folder into your Oblivion\Data directory.

4. Known bugs and issues
    Currently there are NO known bugs and issues, though this is a Beta so please be aware that something may have slipped by. Do not worry though because any issues will be annoying or just small problems and will NOT affect your game.

5. Incompatibilities

While this mod is clean and has been carefully planned there is a small chance it may conflict with other mods that alter Weye. Now in this case just load this mod BEFORE them in your load order. This will ensure there changes overwrite these mods.
    The only time this will not work is when another mod alters the exact place the shop has been placed. In this case choose the mod you want most.

6. Credits and Thanks

This list covers all the great people who have helped me in some form or another, And the people who have contributed to the further development of the mod.

Mod Work:
    WhoGuru [interior/Exterior development, Testing, General Cheering on ]
    HeX_0ff [Future Feature Scripting]
    Greenwarden [Testing, Voice Acting]

Mod Help:
    Arthmoor [Compatibility help]
    PacificMorrowind [scripting help]
    Vagrant0 [scripting help]
    shadeMe [Large amounts of Scripting help]
    Darkrder [scripting help]

Resources/Additions:
    AlienSloff [Tiger Texture Resource]
    Painkiller_Rider [Modified Textures & Models]
    Buhay [Leopard Resource Pack]
    Ronyn [White Tiger]
    TTemplar [Whistle Mesh & Texture]
    DarkRider [black Leopard Texture]

610 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Updated

2. [OB] Ebony Sword Replacer

=================
    Requirements:
    =================

Oblivion 1.2.0416

=================
    Description:
    =================

*** This is a requested port of my Skyrim Release - Ebony Sword Replacer. ***

This is a simple mesh and texture replacer for the Ebony Longsword, Ebony Claymore and Ebony Shortsword. Wasn't fond of them myself and decided to give themmore of a Classic sword style instead.

Models and Textures are new, and the Textures are high resolution.

=================
    Installation
    =================

1. Extract the contents of the ZIP folder into your Data folder

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

1. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod

=================
    =================

InsanitySorrow @ TES Alliance

=================
    Credits:
    =================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Skyrim.

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Insanity's ReadMe Generator
    Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Marmoset Toolbag

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

You may use this as you wish as long as you don't charge money for it and you credit me for any work used.

Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

If I am offline for six months or longer and do not respond to any attempts made at contacting me, I give full Ownership of my Projects to TES Alliance.

TES Alliance are free to modify/redistribute/remove as they see fit.

246 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

3. [OB] Umbra Sword Replacer

=================
    Requirements:
    =================

Oblivion 1.2.0416

=================
    Description:
    =================

*** This is a requested port of my Skyrim Release - Umbra Sword. ***

This is a simple mesh and texture replacer for the Umbra Sword. I was not fond of the look the Umbra Sword has in Oblivion, so I decided to replace it
    with a design of my own.

Model and Textures are new, and the Textures are high resolution.

=================
    Installation
    =================
    Extract the contents of the ZIP folder into your Data folder

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

Delete the files/folders associated with the mod

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Marmoset Toolbag

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

You may use this as you wish as long as you don't charge money for it and you credit me for any work used.

Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

If I am offline for six months or longer and do not respond to any attempts made at contacting me, I give full Ownership of my Projects to TES Alliance.

TES Alliance are free to modify/redistribute/remove as they see fit.

249 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

4. A Brotherhood Renewed

"The Cheydinhal Sanctuary is but one of many secret Dark Brotherhood safe havens spread across the Imperial Province."
    You've completed your contracts. You rose through the ranks. Lucien entrusted you with his life. After a long and difficult struggle, you saved the Dark Brotherhood from total annihilation. All that remains of the once proud and powerful organization are you, Arquen, and some lowly random murderer the two of you found. After all this you're satisfied with visiting Bravil once a week to collect a pittance of cash? Is there nothing more to be done? The story just ends here, like a bad movie? Not anymore. The time has come to reclaim lost power, to retake lost sanctuaries. To renew the Dark Brotherhood.
    This mod adds a short series of quests to the end of the saga of the Dark Brotherhood which takes place after your first visit to Bravil after becoming the Listener. I always felt that Bethesda cut things short at the end of the quest line. You're just supposed to continue on, as though nothing was wrong, after your entire organization was brought to its knees? What about all those sanctuaries out there the game makes a point of mentioning but you never see? This is my answer to that and at least brings things to a more sensible close by the time you are done.
    You may install this at any point during the game, it is not necessary to wait for the end of the quest line. In fact, some of the involved characters will exist and be out in the game world prior to everything turning for the worst. You may not even realize who they are when you find them. Once you have made it to the end of the quest line and visit the Night Mother statue in Bravil at least once, the events will begin. You will be approached by a courier to start things off.

3,354 downloads

(2 reviews)

13 comments

Updated

5. A Loving Husband by Witty 1982 Version 1.0

A Loving Husband by Witty 1982 Version 1.0
    A plugin for "The Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion"

This mod adds a small lodge just west of Aleswell. Speak with Claude Despres to activate the mini quest.

31 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

6. Akatosh and Skyrim Shields

Name: Akatosh Shield
    Version: 1.1
    Date: 12/27/2010
    Category: Weapons
    Requirements: 7-Zip
    Recommended: Oblivion Mod Manager
    Author: LHammonds
    Source: TESNexus
    RELz Thread: The Nexus Forums
    File Mirror #1: Planet Elder Scrolls
    File Mirror #2: MediaFire
    File Mirror #3: 4Shared
    File Mirror #4: FileFront
    File Mirror #5: TES Alliance

Description
    This mod adds an Akatosh shield and a Skyrim version.

The shields can be purchased at Stonewall Shields in the Imperial City Market District.

Details
    The shield stats are similar to glass quality.

Install
    This archive is distributed in what LHammonds calls OMOD-Ready format.
    It allows you to manually extract and install like most other mods but it also allows you to use Oblivion Mod Manager and import this archive with all the settings pre-configured for an OMOD file.

Please see the readme for details.

Incompatibility
    None.

Known Issues or Bugs
    None.

History
    1.1, 2010-12-27 - Modified Skyrim shield to have a broken dragon wing.
    1.0, 2010-12-15 - Initial release.

Future
    Nothing planned.

Contact
    You can find me on the official Elder Scrolls forums as 'Conan_Lon'
    You can find me on TESNexus as 'LHammonds'

Tools Used
    7-Zip
    Blender
    CrazyBump
    ESPluginCracker
    NifSkope
    Oblivion Mod Manager
    Paint.NET
    Readme Generator
    TES Construction Set

Credits
    Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion (and eventually Skyrim).
    Thanks to TESNexus for the a one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.
    Thanks to God for creating us all.

Licensing/Legal
    You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask is that you give credit where it is due if you distribute any part of this mod.

21 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

7. Aleswell Cottage ver 4

Aleswell Home ver 4.0

Already the first time i visited Aleswell and saw the beautiful view over the countryside and the Imperial city, I wanted my own house here. Now, years later, I have built it. The Aleswell Cottage is located just outside Aleswell village, with a breath-taking view overlake Rumare and the Imperial City.

The house is furnished with middle class- and some lower class furniture. It includes a dining room with fireplace, a kitchen with an abundance of 'mini-barrels', a study, a single-room bedroom and an open attic double-bedroom. There is also a basement with extra storage capacity an a spare bedroom, as well as an area suited for crafting.
    It is made companion-friendly, is fully path-gridded and has persistant beds and chairs that companions can use. In order to further improve the companion-friendliness for basic companions (like CM Partners) who normally cannot be directed on where to go for a walk or where to sleep, there is an extra dialog topic - Living arrangements - added that will take care of this.

The mod also includes 51 no-respawn-containers (many of them 'mini-barrels') in the main cottage and 87 non-respawn-containers in the basement. (Additionally, there are also two respawning containers in the basement. One is called "TRASHBIN - RESPAWNS" and the other one "Companion keys - RESPAWNS". Don't put anything of value inside them! They have the word RESPAWNS in their names for a reason.

As a bonus, the house comes with optional trader-service at the Aleswell Inn and with ver. 4 a range of crafting facilities.

If you have played through Oblivion, you probably know about the quest offered from the Aleswell people. You have to complete this quest (which can be done also at very low levels) before you can buy the cottage. Then it will, as a quest reward, be offered to you for a very reasonable price (3 000 Gold) from the Aleswell inn-keeper.

New in version 4

- a stable has finally been added.

- a broad range of crafting facilities has been added, and the optional Aleswell trader has expanded his stock with crafting components.

Special features

Smelter - In the smelter, located behind the cottage, you convert silver and gold nuggets to ingots. You can also melt silver items like urns, vases, spoons in order to get ingots and metal items like callipers, mugs, shears, tankards to get scrap metal. Simply put the nuggets or items in the smelter.
    Five pieces of scrap metal can be converted to an iron ingot.
    You can also make iron ingots from iron ore, which you can buy from the Aleswell trader.
    Use the bellows to light/extinguish the fire.

Crafting Jewelry - Use the small hammer (activator) on the red cloth on the workbench to craft your own jewelry. You will need gold or silver ingots in order to do so.

Enhancing Jewelry - Use the small tongs (container) on the red cloth on the workbench to enhance your gold jewelry with gems. You will need gold or silver jewelry and appropriate gems (rubies, sapphires, emeralds or diamonds) in order to do so. Put one gem and one piece of jewelry in the container. Close the container and re-open it - your enhanced jewelry is ready!
    Note that you can not make silver diamond jewelry and that you cannot make any jewelry using flawed gems.

Tanning - At the Tanning Rack in the basement you can craft leather of your bear- lion- or wolf pelts.

Leather Armor - After you have converted pelts into leather, you can create your own leather armor. Activate the leather gauntlets on the workbench in order to do this.

Lockpicks - You can make your own lockpicks from scrap metal. Activate the lockpick on the red cloth on the basement workbench.

Repair - You can repair your armor at the basement anvil.

Armor Smithing - The Aleswell trader will sell you steel and iron ingots. You can use them to forge your own steel- or iron armor. In order to create armor, activate the steel gauntlets at the forge.

Weapon Smithing - The Aleswell trader will sell you steel and iron ingots that you can use to make your own steel- or iron weapons. If you additionally have silver ingots, you can also make silver weapons. In order to make weapons, activate the sword at the forge.

Spinning - Use the Spinning Wheel to spin your own yarn. Wool can be found in two containers in the basement, and you can buy additional wool from the Aleswell trader. Note that only Aleswell wool can be used.

Weaving - Use the loom in the basement to weave you own bolts of cloth. Note that you will need yarn for this purpose.

Sewing - There is a Sewing Chest in the same room as the loom. You can use it to make your own outfits. Note that you will need bolts of cloth for this purpose.

Statues - You can make your own statues of stones or of scrapmetal coated with gold or silver. Apart from the stone bricks you can find scattered over Cyrodiil, there is a little stone "quarry" in the Aleswell garden which will respawn regularly. Also the Aleswell trader will have some stones for sale. Activate the Mara statue in the garden to craft stone statues.
    For gold- or silvercoated scrapmetal statues, you need 10 scrapmetals and 4 gold- or silver ingots. Activate the Silver Mara statue on the workbench in the basement.

Baking - You can bake your own bread in the kitchen. Note that you will need flour for this purpose (and further ingredients if you want to bake other than common bread). In order to bake, activate the flour sack on the kitchen bench. The bread loaves will show up in the oven, and once they are ready, you can take them.

Cooking - You can make your own soups and stews with beneficial effects in the cooking pot at the kitchen fireplace. Note that you will need the appropriate ingredients for this purpose.

Coffee - You can make your own coffee in the kitchen. There is a coffee pot placed under one of the windows.

Alchemy - Activate the mortar on the alchemy station on the second floor in order to brew your own potions.

Others:
    - You can light and extinguish the fires by activating the watering cans next to the fire places.
    - You can pour yourself a bottle of wine or beer from the kegs in the basement.
    - In order to give your companions additional instructions, give them a companion key or amulet from the Companion chest in the basement bedroom. The chest will respawn over time.
    - There is a trashbin available in the basement.
    - There is a small altar on one of the drawers in the attic. Use it to cure yourself from illnesses.

More screen-shots can be found here: http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Aleswell.htm

ADD-ONS:

Vilja in Aleswell - now ver 1.4
    =================

If you are using my Aleswell Cottage and have Companion Vilja by me and CDCooley in tow, you might want to use this add-on. It adds new dialog to Vilja - dialog that will only be available while you are in Aleswell - and it also gives her a number of new things to do while you are staying in the cottage. Among other things, she will take up painting, and if you let her paint ever so often, she will now and then actually complete a new painting that she will be happy to decorate the cottage with. She will also help the local farmers, bring you a bottle of beer, take care of your garden, go shopping and actually return home with some goods.

COBL-Addon for ver 4 and higher
    ==========

The following things have been incorporated:

- The Luggage - is located in the basement bedroom, but is only available if you have found the original Luggage in Anvil.
    - Alchemy sorter - is located on the basement wall opposite of the basement fireplace.
    - Dinnerplate is placed on the dinnertable.
    - A water keg in the basement will give water if you are using a survival mod.
    - With ver 4 a Converter has been added, so that you can convert 10 Aleswell iron ingots to 1 COBL iron ingot, or 1 COBL iron ingot to 10 Aleswell iron ingots.
    Update 120116:
    - Added a Grinder in the study on the second floor, close to the alchemy equipment.

I have choosen to make a COBL-add-on instead of a full COBL-version. My main reason for this is that I tend to continue to tinker on and improve my mods, and then I don't want to have to alter two esps. Obviously, the add-on has to load AFTER Aleswell Cottage, else many of the COBL-functions won't work.

179 downloads

(1 review)

3 comments

Updated

8. Alternative Beginnings

Tossed in jail for waylaying a royal caravan on the highway, your trial was mere days away. Something is wrong though, the days have turned to weeks, and the weeks to months. You no longer have any idea how long you've been down here. The guards stopped checking your cell almost a week ago, and now the last of your food is running out. Your cellmate died months ago and they never removed the body. It won't be long before your bones decorate the cell as well. The Gods have forsaken you! Or have they....
    Alternative Beginnings puts you in the position of the poor forgotten prisoner lamenting life's choices. You will be able to choose from several different options on how to begin the game, all from the discomfort of your dank prison cell. Your choices influence the circumstances by which the game begins, and hopefully the Gods won't forsake you this time around!
    Requires OBSE 0020 or higher.

2,408 downloads

(3 reviews)

13 comments

Updated

9. Amber Weapons

Name: Amber Weapons
    Date: 12/20/2010
    Requirements: 7-Zip
    Recommended: Oblivion Mod Manager
    Author: LHammonds
    Source: TESNexus
    RELz Thread: The Nexus Forums
    File Mirror #1: FileFront
    File Mirror #2: 4Shared
    File Mirror #3: MediaFire
    File Mirror #4: Planet Elder Scrolls

Description
    This mod adds Amber weapons to a vendor shop.

The weapons can be purchased at A Fighting Chance in the Imperial City Market District.

Details
    The weapon stats are slight greater than Daedric but cannot attack ghosts.

- Akaviri Claw
    - Akaviri Claymore
    - Akaviri Greatsword
    - Akaviri Longsword
    - Battleaxe
    - Club
    - Cutlass
    - Dagger
    - Mace

Model modifications:
    - The blades were separated from the hilt and hilt modified slightly for better transparent blade effects.
    - The textures were modified to have an amber color as well as slight transparency on the blade in the alpha channel.
    - The cutlass had the pirate skull removed and gaps in the geometry was fixed.
    - The dagger was modified to more closely match the shape of the SI Amber Longsword.

Install
    This archive is distributed in what I call OMOD-Ready format.
    It allows you to manually extract and install like most other mods but it also allows you to use Oblivion Mod Manager and import this archive with all the settings pre-configured for an OMOD file.

Please see the readme for details.

Incompatibility
    None.

Known Issues or Bugs
    None.

History
    1.1, 2010-12-20 - Added 6 more Amber weapons.
    1.0, 2010-12-20 - Initial release.

Future
    Nothing planned.

Contact
    You can find me on the official Elder Scrolls forums as 'Conan_Lon'
    You can find me on TESNexus as 'LHammonds'

Tools Used
    7-Zip
    Blender
    ESPluginCracker
    NifSkope
    Oblivion Mod Manager
    Paint.NET
    Readme Generator
    TES Construction Set

Credits
    Thanks to TESNexus for the a one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.
    Thanks to God for creating us all.

Licensing/Legal
    You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask is that you give credit where it is due if you distribute any part of this mod.

48 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

10. Amen'thalas Well House

A quirky old lady passes alone, but not sadly. In her visions, she has seen you doing great things for the world she leaves behind; and as she has no other family, she has named you as her only heir. What have you inherited? She didn't have much of interest or value to her name, except for a well-loved house in the Heartlands on the Blue Road. At least, so you think. =)
    Gram' wasn't much of an adventurer, mind you, but you're not likely to find a cozier abode in all Cyrodiil. Grab the key from a hollow rock near the front door. Light the fires in the kitchen's potbelly stove and the upstairs fireplace, and make yourself at home.
    This mod sat in beta for over a year, with an excellent quest story planned - the house was really just a small part of the mod. However, in a year, I haven't made time to finish the quest. And so, prompted by a request for a UL compatibility patch, I've completely refurbished the house to stand alone as a proper house mod until the time I can finish its story. And I will finish it!
    House features:
    Plenty of living space Tons of safe storage* Interesting, unique décor Beautiful exterior (AWLS-compatible) Mage altar** Static alchemy lab** Automated ingredient storage Automatic day/night interior lighting AWLS-style Companion-friendly pathing & seating, bed sleeps two Teleport spell to take you, your horse, & your companions home Fancy basement & more for anyone who likes surprises Cobl features, if you use the Cobl version:
    Dinner plate Water source Cobl standard ingredient storage Cobl standard alchemy lab** Grinder* *The waste baskets empty themselves daily and are NOT safe for storage - they will warn you as such the first time you open them.
    *The Cobl Grinder is never safe for storage.
    **HOUSE OPTIONS
    When activated, the control panel in the basement opens a menu so you can customize some features to your liking. Here are some details on each option:
    Static Alchemy Lab
    By default, activating the static alchemy lab will allow you to perform alchemy as though you had one of each apparati in your inventory. This is leveled, in that the type of apparati is determined by your alchemy skill. E.g., if you are an Expert alchemist, you will be performing alchemy as though you had an Expert alembic, calcinator, retort, and mortar & pestle in your inventory. You can remove this function and have the existing apparati be for decoration only, if you prefer. If you use the Cobl version, you have a third option of trading out the whole rig for the Cobl standard alchemy lab, which is still stationary but requires you to provide your own equipment.
    Mage Altar
    The mage altar can only be used by a very skilled caster, or one initiated to the Mages Guild. You can disable its functionality if you prefer it be for decoration only.
    Healing Altar
    The healing altar has no conditions or requirements. You can disable its functionality if you prefer it to be for decoration only.
    Anvil
    Allows you to repair your gear without using up your hammers. You can disable its functionality if you prefer it to be for decoration only.
    Curtains
    You can hide the curtains to expose the bare windows. I recommend to do this if you have All Natural.
    All Natural support, See You Sleep support, and compatibility patches for The Ayleid Steps, Unique Landscapes, and Heart of the Dead are also included in the main download.
    All meshes have been pyffi'd for best performance, all resources have unique file paths, and all plugins have been cleaned with TES4Edit for best compatibility.
    ==================================
    REQUIREMENTS
    Requires the latest official Oblivion patch (1.2.0.416).
    Requires OBSE v0018 or higher.
    LINKS
    A French translation of this mod is available at La confrérie des traducteur.
    CREDITS
    Great Big Massive Thanks to/for (in no particular order):
    Brumbek & the All Natural team for allowing me to use All Natural resources for All Natural support InsanitySorrow for fixing the stock welkynd mesh collision Pheonix Amon for the original Ingredient Storage Shelves mesh & OBSE script Vince Bly & his Abandoned Mountain Shack for the gorgeous hanging lantern, potbelly stove, trimmed fire logs, and shortened cupboard Vince Bly some more for the HMTK! Xiamara for the red armchairs, the pillows, planter dirt (that used to be a pillow), & teddy bear Texian for the water statics Meo for the beautiful open book, the watering can, the welkynd textures, the wood posts used to build the stable, and the window boxes JDFan for the sheep bookends Garak for the static booksets Hel Borne for the wall shelves DarkRider for the celtic rug from Celtic Decor II and the quilt from Celtic Decor I David Whitefang for the dining chair mesh Deandra/Merilia for the original Blue & White Porcelian Mr. Siika for the kitchen clutter & spindle from Castle Seaview Side777 for the Babylonian dishes Floydian1 for the beautiful screenshots used to make most of the paintings Trollf for the frames for the paintings kalikut for the excellent bed resource LadyLi for the beautiful base resources used to create the easter egg Qarl for the wood texture used on some of the painting frames DaMage & echonite for fixing all my frankenmeshes, and creating the missing AR columns & basement section piece the Unofficial TESA Clutterers Guild for the spooled thread, dustpan & handbroom, needles, and magnifying glass KAS Rugs and OrientalRugs.com for the stock used to create the downstairs tapestries, dining room rug, & lower-class chair cushions Vorians for initially cleaning the mod & making the UL patch Greenwarden & Elm for constant support & inspiration... :wubble: Greenwarden & Elm again for the screenshot used to make the portrait Greenwarden, Arion, Athray, Chi, grond, & Cortjester for playesting the new version during development

120 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

11. Anduril Reforged

Name: Anduril Reforged
    Version: 1.31
    Date: 18/1/11
    Category: Weapons and Armor
    Requirements: Oblivion Patch 1.2.0.416, Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) version 0019 or higher
    Author: Lanceor
    Source: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36365
    http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=6520

Description
    ===========
    A scholar deciphering ancient texts has discovered that the blade known as Andúril Flame of the West - as used by Aragorn in the War of the Ring - was hidden away in Tamriel. Unfortunately, the scholar disappears under mysterious circumstances before he can recover the legendary artifact. Can you follow the clues and recover the sword that was broken before sinister forces get to it first?

Quest Start
    ===========
    Speak to Émile Lapérouse in Bravil. He hangs around the docks most of the time, but goes to the Lonely Suitor Lodge to eat and sleep. He will bring you up to speed on recent events and start you on your quest.

Details
    =======
    This is a weapon mod that takes the beautiful mesh and textures as created by Adonnay and Kohdi respectively and adds several ingredients that were missing.

1) The powers of Narsil/Andúril as described in Tolkien's works have been added. Among them:
    - "...the sword of Elendil filled Orcs and Men with fear, for it shone with the light of the sun and of the moon." (The Silmarillion)
    - "...Andúril came down upon his helm. There was a flash like flame and the helm burst asunder." (The Fellowship of the Ring)
    - "The blade that is drawn from this sheath shall not be stained or broken even in defeat" (The Fellowship of the Ring)
    - "Andúril rose and fell, gleaming with white fire." (The Two Towers)

2) The books infer that Andúril was a one-handed sword, but the movie version was mostly used two handed. To solve this, Andúril properly functions as a hand-and-a-half sword and can be used either one- or two-handed.

3) Priceless artifacts don't fall out of trees. Instead of dumping such a legendary artifact on the floor somewhere, a proper voice-acted quest was written so that you actually have to use mixture of brain and brawn to obtain Andúril.

4) Andúril is levelled and can be used from level 1 all the way to 40+ without unbalancing the game. Putting it back where you found it updates it (much like the Crusader relics). Damage output is roughly equivalent to the Sword of the Crusader up until level 25. But from there, it keeps leveling all the way to level 45 to become a truly legendary weapon befitting the demigod that your character has become.

Bonus Items
    ===========
    Upon completion of the quest, you can obtain a set of xxfmanxx's Gondorian Guard Armor and Gondorian Knight Armor.

If you have completed the quest and you are level 25 or higher, you can obtain further bonus items from various other mods:
    - The Shield of Elendil (Daedric quality, choice of enchantments)
    - Lórien dagger (equivalent to perfect Amber quality)
    - Gimli's Battle Axe (equivalent to perfect Madness quality)
    - A full set of Gondorian Ranger Gear (equivalent to perfect Amber quality)

Install
    =======
    1. Extract the files to a temporary location.
    2. Copy Anduril Reforged.esp, Anduril Reforged.bsa and the DistantLOD folder to (install folder)\Oblivion\Data\
    3. Start Oblivion Launcher, click 'Data Files', place a checkmark besides Anduril Reforged.esp. Or use your favourite load order manager.

This mod requires Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) version 0019 or higher. If don't already have it, you can get it from http://obse.silverlock.org. OBSE is simple to install: just copy three files!

Upgrade (from any previous version)
    ===================================
    1. Extract Anduril Reforged.esp and Anduril Reforged.bsa to a temporary location.
    2. Overwrite the older version of Anduril Reforged.esp and Anduril Reforged.bsa in (install folder)\Oblivion\Data\. The DistantLOD folder does not need to be updated.
    3. Continue as normal - the upgrade will not affect your saved games.

Uninstall
    =========
    1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck Anduril Reforged.esp. Or use your favourite load order manager.
    2. Delete Anduril Reforged.esp and Anduril Reforged.bsa.
    3. Delete Tamriel_40_6.lod and Tamriel_41_7.lod from the (install folder)\Oblivion\Data\DistantLOD folder

Incompatibility
    ===============
    Any other mods that modify the Cadlew Chapel or Fort Entius interiors may cause conflicts. Of the ones that I know of:
    Cadlew Chapel Repair.esp - no conflict (other than the quest item being out of context)
    CadlewChapel.esp and Cadlew Chapel Redone.esp - minor conflict. You'll have to search in an "illogical" spot for a quest item.
    Cadlew Chapel - Scout's Lodge.esp - quest-breaking conflict. I'll post a workaround if you need it.

Andúril Reforged uses the DARK magic effect for its power attacks so it will conflict with another mod that also uses this effect. You can put Andúril Reforged *before* the other mod in the load order if you don't want to override the other mod's magic effect. (This will likely result in Andúril gaining new powers though.)

Known Issues or Bugs
    ====================
    DistantLOD has been known to work erratically. If it is not working, it will be much harder to find "the statue". You can still continue with the quest using other clues given. I recommend running TES4LODGen (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15781) every time you install a new mod that changes Tamriel.

History
    =======
    28/12/10 0.80 Beta - Beta release for playtesting
    30/12/10 0.81 Beta - Fixes many bugs and balance issues based on playtest feedback.
    01/01/11 1.00 - Release version
    02/01/11 1.10 - Incorrect texture paths for Gondorian Ranger Armor fixed
    08/01/11 1.11 - LOD files no longer read-only. Minor wording and AI changes
    10/01/11 1.20 - Incorrect texture paths for *female* Gondorian Ranger Armor fixed
    17/01/11 1.30 - FAQ added. Repacked bsa using BSA commander instead of OBMM. Hopefully this will fix the wonky textures for the ranger gear, axe and dagger once and for all...
    18/01/11 1.31 - Repacked BSA again using OBMM, no compression. BSA commander seemed to generate an unreadable file. 7zipped to make file size manageable.

Contact
    =======
    You can find me at TESNexus, the Bethesda Forums and TES Alliance as "Lanceor".

Credits
    =======
    Thanks to these fellow modmakers for giving me permission to use their work as part of Andúril Reforged.

Adonnay - for creating the original Andúril mesh.
    http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9185

Kohdi - for his breathtaking retexture of Adonnay's sword.
    http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29391

xxfmanxx - he created several sets of LOTR inspired gear:
    Gondorian Ranger Gear http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=32307
    Gondorian Knight Armor http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31352
    Gondorian Guard Cuirass and Shield http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31299

Stoltie92 created a lovely rendition of Gimli's Axe and Aragorn's dagger: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27400

alphaprime_01 and LHammonds for creating a beautiful second-age Gondorian shield. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12703

Music:
    "Movement Proposition" by Kevin MacLeod http://incompetech.com

Beta Testers:
    A big thank you to John, nottlong, drakon136, Arion and the rest of the team at TES Alliance for helping me squash numerous bugs. "Rumor" has it there's a cooking waiting for you.

Special Thanks:
    - All those who assisted me at the Bethesda Forums.
    - Bethesda for creating Oblivion and giving modders free reign to let their imaginations run wild.
    - TESNexus.com and Planet Elder Scrolls for providing file hosting and resources for authors and players alike.
    - LHammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
    - Peter Jackson and crew for making the definitive movie adaptation of the Lord of the Rings.
    - Last but not least, JRR Tolkien, the father of high fantasy, for creating the rich, mystical world that is Middle Earth and for weaving the legendary stories of its heroes and tyrants.

Tools Used
    ==========
    Audacity - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    GIMP - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14920
    LipTEmplate.7z - http://www.4shared.com/dir/7624076/5c6300d5/VAP.html
    NIFSkope - http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope
    Oblivion Mod Manager - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097
    Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) - http://obse.silverlock.org/
    Paint Shop Pro - http://www.paintshoppro.com/
    Switch - http://www.nch.com.au/switch/plus.html
    TES4Edit - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11536
    TES4LODGen - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15781
    TES Construction Set 1.0 and 1.2 - http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/The_Elder_Scrolls_Construction_Set
    Readme Generator - http://lhammonds.game-host.org/obmm/tools_readme_generator1.asp

Licensing/Legal
    ===============
    Feel free to reuse any parts of the mod that I created. If my work was helpful to you, some credit would be nice. Feel free to let me know if you find an interesting way to use my stuff. The weapon and armor meshes and textures were created by other authors, so don't forget to ask them for permission if you use their work.

142 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

12. Anvil Exterior Retex

This is a conservative retexture for Anvil's exterior architecture. My goal was just to get rid of the dirty white and replace it with something warmer and easier on the eyes. Nothing exciting here.

I didn't replace all textures. Most notably, the trim, doors, and roofs I left alone, as I didn't want to completely lose Anvil's style.

The new plaster/stone textures are the same size as their vanilla counterparts, and the brick textures are only twice the size (the originals were quite small), so the performance impact is trivial.

CREDITS
    Thanks to/for, in no particular order:

cfrevoir at deviantART for the original brick texture
    Spiral Graphix for the stucco texture I baked into the new plaster textures

the RAEVWD team for the LOD mesh for Benirus Manor & AnvilHouseGeneric01_far

Qarl for the base roof texture and copper texture used to make the green copper roofs

the UOP team & RAEVWD contributors/Arthmoor for resources used as a guide to make the Benirus Manor LOD Fix.

90 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

13. Archers Range and Lodge 1.1

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27763

Archers Range and Lodge by Witty 1982 Version 1.1
    A plugin for "The Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion"

This is my first mod. Constructive criticism is more than appreciated!

Requirements: Shivering Isles is required for the fountain to appear.
    Recommendation: I have not included dummy mp3s in the sound folder. Download OBSE Elys Universal Silent Voice Mod. This will allow conversation text to remain on screen for 8 seconds.

Background: This mod adds an archers range and lodge next to the Roxey Inn. The range and lodge belong to the Abraham family. Opposite, you will find a small guesthouse and fountain. You will need to speak with Locke Abraham to start the mini quest.
    This mod allows you to train your marksman skill when using the range.

Enjoy!
    Witty1982

Version History
    Version 1.0- did not allow marksman skill to be trained.
    Version 1.1- allows marksman skill to be trained.
    Those with version 1.0, replace your esp with the updated version (1.1).

Credits

Darkrider: Thank you for your patience and input throughout. The Stormgazer bow and arrows are awesome!
    WhoGuru: Responsible for the interior design of the lodge.
    InsanitySorrow: Thanks for the ‘improve marksman’ script. Thanks for creating the range targets which allow marksman skill to be trained.

SEE BELOW FOR KNOWN ISSUES AND SPOILER ALERT

When activated, the crypt diary increases marksman by 5 points. If you click on the diary after the quest has updated, the book will open (blank pages) and your marksman skill will increase by 1. I will try to fix this issue in the next update.

22 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

14. Archery Upgrade and Modification

I personally much prefer GrumblePunks' arrow replacer's arrow style than the vanilla. They are around 15% longer and slightly sharper in proportion. They only edit the mesh. Unfortunately they only cover the vanilla Oblivion arrows. Since I like their style I have made very similar ones for mod added arrows. Here they are:
    Long Arrows - SI.7z : For the Shivering Isles isles - (Download in the "Old Files" Section)
    Long Arrows - Arma.7z : For Armamentarium - (Download in the "Old Files" Section)
    Long Arrows - MMM.7z : For Martigen's Monster Mod - (Download in the "Old Files" Section) * To be updated soon... now that I have made MMM 6 new arrows*
    Long Arrows - COBL.7z : For Common Oblivion Library - (Download in the "Old Files" Section)
    Long Arrows - OOO.7z : For Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul - (Download from main link)
    *working on Long Arrows - Real Swords... hopefully available in about 2 weeks.*
    *Any other mods that add arrows not listed here? Please suggest them and I'll see about adding them.*

No esps, just replacers, so install after the mod they are for.
    Uninstall details and further details are in the readme in each package.

Contact
    =======
    You can find me on the official Bethesda Games forums (www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/) as PacificMorrowind - PREFERED
    You can find me here as PacificMorrowind - Prefered
    You can find me on TESNexus as PacificMorrowind
    You can send me an email here: PacificMorrowind (AT) gmail (Dot) com
    you can also comment here
    Also for help you can try the BGS thread: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1005400

Credits
    =======
    Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion and SI.
    Thanks to TESNexus.com for the a one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.
    Thanks to Grumblepunk for his Arrow Replacement Pack
    Thanks to all who have made mods
    Thanks to LHammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
    Thanks to the Nifskope team

Licensing/Legal
    Nothing new, just modified ___ Mod meshes... use as per that mod's reuse policy.

Pacific Morrowind

76 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

15. Arie Manor

=================
    Requirements:
    =================

Oblivion 1.2.416
    Shivering Isles

=================
    Description:
    =================

Upscale cottage high in the mountains bordering Skyrim for those upperclass citizens that want to get away from the cities for a peaceful quiet place to relax.

=================
    Details:
    =================

Two bedrooms, living room with large fireplace, dining room, library. Basement downstairs has large kitchen and work area, painter's cubby, and storage area. All storage and furniture is player "safe" storage. Many new paintings, some from my real life garden.

=================
    Installation
    =================

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data
    folder.
    2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the .esp file(s).

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).
    2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

=================
    Upgrade:
    =================

None

=================
    Incompatibility:
    =================

None known of

=================
    Known Issues:
    =================

None known of.

=================
    Credits:
    =================

I would like to thank the following people for giving the modding community their gorgous works without which this mod would never have been possible:

- Hentai for Hentai's beautiful Home - beds, picture frames, tables, funiture, flower, rugs and assorted other meshes and textures
    - InsanitySorrow and Hana - for their static mounts mod.
    - Meo (Mr. Resource) - for his dividers, static dishes, .
    - TESA Clutters Guild - for trinket box, gold vase, fireaood, table top picture frames
    - exilehunter - for exhighland Furniture - drawer set, study table and vanity stool
    - Barabus - Barabus Cooking Range
    - Daleth for ingredient storage for the ingredient sorter resources
    - Ampola (sp) - Amps Wood Furnishing - marvelous assortment of wood textures
    - Helborne - for filled bookcase resource
    - JDFan - also for filled bookcase resource
    - WillieSea - Ancient Towers resources - jars, kitchen utensils, textures
    - Xiamara - for XiaFullWineRacks and XiaManorBetset mod resources
    - DarkRider - CelticDecor resources - rugs
    - Stroti - for such a wonderfull bathroom resource.
    - Andy Sauras for the Kitchen and Bathroom resources
    - Edoc'sil for the fireplace resource
    - Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
    - Thanks to InsanitySorrow for his ReadMe Generator this file is based on.

- Copies of the above authors readme files where available are provided in a seperate folder.
    - If I've inadvertently ommitted someone's resources please contact me so I can give proper credit or remove offending material.

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Elderscrolls Construction Set
    GIMP
    NifSkope
    Paint.Net
    TES4Files

=================
    Contact Info:
    =================
    email - ariont1950 AT yahoo DOT net
    or on TESAlliance.org - Username Arion

86 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

16. Arie's Xmas House

Name: Arie Xmas House
    Date: 12/16/2010
    Category: Houses
    Author: Arion

=================
    Requirements:
    =================

Oblivion 1.2.416
    Shivering Isles

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is my Oblivion Real Estate 12 Days of Xmas 2010 entry. A modest house south of the Skyrim border with Cryodiil with a holiday theme. Has mapmarker that you can fast travel to.

Walkthrough video can be seen Here

=================
    Details:
    =================

- Has a retextured Bruma house interior.
    - Additional retectured Leyawiin basement addition.
    - Numerous furniture and other items that have been completely retextured.

*Note; uses resources from Salmo's Bakery - non COBL

=================
    Installation
    =================

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data
    folder.
    2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the .esp file(s).

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).

=================
    Incompatibility:
    =================

This mod will conflict with any other mods that alter the same cell on the Skyrim and Cyrodiil border.

=================
    Known Issues:
    =================

Elf hat may cause clipping with some hairs. No way to adjust for various heads and hairs.

=================
    History:
    =================

12/16/2010 - Version 1.1 cleaned out unused resources and corrected credits to include Korana's Christmas resource
    11/28/2010 - 11/28/2010 - Inital Release for ORE's 12 Days of Xmas

=================
    Credits:
    =================

Thanks to InsanitySorrow for his ReadMe Generator this file is based on.

Many thanks to the following modders for their generous contributions to the modding community by allowing their work to be used as resources, without which this project could never have come to be. MANY, MANY Thanks !!!!!!

- Xiamara for Sofa and Chair Set, Bedroom Manor Meshes, Full Wineracks Meshes
    - WillieSea for the use of his marble tile and wood textures
    - Andy Sauras for the Kitchen and Bathroom resources
    - Vince Bly for the clear glass and stove textures
    - DarkRider for the use of his twinkle lights, paintings, presents, tapestries, and holiday shirt
    - Pendraia for the Xmas lights on a rope and welkynd textures
    - Meo for the Bookset resource
    - Edoc'sil for the fireplace resource
    - Tarnsman for all the wondrfull goodies in Salmo the Baker mod
    - DaMage for the great animated snowman and elves holiday clothing
    - Grond for graciously editing the stove mesh so that it had a tall enough flue to go through the ceiling
    - Hanaisse for her encouragement and pointers
    - InsanitySorrow and DaMage for help with the texture for rugs
    - WhoGuru and DaMage for the edited mesh on Pendraia's Lights
    - WhoGuru for testing
    - Korana for her Christmas Resource

If I've inadvertly left anyone out please let me know so that I can correctly credit or replace your material.

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

NifSkope
    TES4Files
    GECKO

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

You may use this as you wish but you must credit me for my work. Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

50 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

17. Arren

Name: Arren
    Version: 4.8.
    Date: 08/06/2011
    Category: Companions
    Requirements: Shivering Isles Patch 1.2.0.201
    Author: Sein_Schatten
    Source: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9926
    Source2: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=5370
    Source3: http://tesalliance.org/forums

Description
    ===========
    Arren is the most complex companion. He has a lot of dialog, depth and character. Probably so much dialog that one playthrough won't show you all. Arren has his own items but you can give him what you want and if he likes it, he will use it. He is balanced with FCOM in mind.
    He is not a romanceable character. Though he has comments and opinions about all quests, all locations, every thinkable situation and has general banter. His comments and behavior is dependand on his disposition towards you. When he likes you he will be a very loyal companion. If he hates you he won't do everything you want and might not follow you all the time. He has very surprising consequences.
    Arren has 4 single quests and a questchain.

Arren is placed in the second start dungeon. Right after you open the door with the key from the goblin corpse.
    If you don't start a new game Arren will come for you. It might take a few in-game hours until he finds you.

Details
    =======

Standard
    -------------
    -You can tell Arren to wait, follow, go to any of your houses except Waterfront, he goes to the Merchant Inn instead
    -You can also mark up to two places as his new home and tell him to go there
    -dialogchoices to change Arren's clothes. You can choose between Best clothes, leasure suit, nothing and his normal battle armor
    -he repairs his own armor if you tell him to. He needs a repairhammer and gold to do it. The goldcost is (playerlevel/34)*setcost. Setcost is (250 for iron, 520 for steel, 1165 Dwarven, 2610 Orcish, 5550 Ebony, 13850 Daedric and 18000 for Arren's Unique set)
    -access to Arren's items. Read the known issue section for details
    -Arren has its own horse and a teleport spell to call it if it is too far away
    -scaled items and spells
    -unique item set at lvl 37. You need to tell him to repair his items to get it
    -4 Quests. One at lvl 10, one at lvl 20, one at lvl 30 and one at lvl 40
    -A long questchain. Currently implemented one quest for each level
    -Arren is balanced around FCOM
    -uses a torch while you use one
    -sits if you sit (he will say random things every 10-90 seconds)
    -After you get 10.000 gold Arren approaches you and ask for his share of the loot. You can tell him "no" and he runs back to the Merchants Inn or you can say "yes" and he will take 5% of the gold you find. When you ask him for a rapport you can see the total share he got up to that point
    -Arren has a full 24hours day cycle if you tell him to wait. Activities differ if Arren is indoor or outdoor (see spoiler section for activities)
    -When Arren reads, hunts, gathers herb, wanders around or trains he will say something every 1-3 minutes.
    -Additionally he says something every few minutes while he follows you.
    -He will also comment on quests on his own.
    -A lot of comments on quest. Ask Arren about his opinion on the quests you are currently on.
    -Arren will have a lot of more or less useful tips if you ask him about them. The topic won't always show up, be patient. Most tips are quest dependend.
    -A lot of dialog for the place you are in currently. Cities, Wilderness and dungeons depending on inhabitants
    -At lvl 2-19, 21 Arren tells you a story. Ask him about it
    -Arren has his own conversation dialogs
    -won't report your crimes. You need to sneak when you steal valuable items to not get reported
    -if you are invisible (or sneaking) and Arren is not in combat you can sneak around without aggroing monsters with Arren. Arren will either cast invisible on himself or sneak depending on what you do
    -spell to attack a target until it is dead; spell to stop the attack started with the attackspell
    -has a runspeed bonus to not fall behind you. He is always a little bit faster than you to catch up on you
    -automatic teleporting to player position if a certain range is exceeded and a spell for manual teleport
    -Arren's Master summons are leveled
    -Arren's summoned mobs don't attack you now during combat. If you want that your summons don't attack Arren get the mod "friendlier summons". (http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2926)
    -the size and stats of Arren's summons vary randomly now for each cast

Complex and unique
    -----------------------------
    -Arren has now a dispotional state towards the player. This changes dialoge and actions dependand if he likes you or not
    -Location specific behavior
    -Funny scripted events
    -Arren has sometimes a mind of his own. He will go to where he wants. This is rare and only happens in cities.
    -Unique Greetings depending on various conditions
    -Arren will occasionally start a conversation with other NPCs who are following the player
    -After Arren dies he will release a Ghost. The Ghost stays at the corpse's location and attacks enemies. If the Ghost is alive, you can resurrect Arren like normal. When the Ghost dies, you must go to a chapel and talk to a priest. It costs playerlevel * 100 gold to resurrect Arren.
    -When Arren's bounty reaches 500 gold you get a messagebox with three choices. First is to do nothing and the guards will attack Arren. Second choice is you pay Arren's bounty if you have the money, if not Arren will pay it. The last choice is to send Arren to the IC jail. There you can help Arren get free. Just give him a lockpick and he will catch you later; or let him rot.
    -Arren gains an aura depending upon the players fame/infamy. If the player has enough fame and only a few infamy points Arren gets a holy aura. Same for the unholy aura.

To Do
    =====
    -completing the quest chain
    -adding conversation started by Arren with multiple paths and consequences
    -more background of Arren. With Arren's parents and childhood house

Install
    =======
    Just unpack the archive to your Oblivion/Data folder and activate Arren.esp.

If you use Entius Gorge you need the compatibility patch found here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13834

If you use a version prior to 3.0 and install to 3.0, you need to either redirect the baddy.esp from the modlist of your savegame to Arren.esp with Wrye Bash or you just unselect baddy.esp and select Arren.esp. But then, Arren is reset (which poses no problem except you need to redo the quests if you have done them before.).
    1. Start Wrye bash.
    2. Go to save tab and click on the newest save.
    3. Click on the mod list of the save on the bottom right.
    4. Right click on baddy.esp, choose "change to" and change it to Arren.esp.
    5. click safe and you are done.

Do not clean this mod. It is already cleaned.

I recommend using a Script Effect Silencer mod.

If you use Entius Gorge you need the compatibility patch found here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13834

Uninstall
    =========
    Deactivate Arren.esp. Delete Arren.esp, ArrenReadMe.txt, Arren.bsa

Incompatibility
    ===============
    <snip. In the readme>

Known Issues or Bugs
    ====================
    <snip. In the readme>

Spoilers
    ========
    <snip. In the readme>

History
    =======
    I want to say that without Khettienna's help from the B.T.A. Guild on TesAlliance.org this release won't be in the state it is. She has done a fantastic job on testing Arren and finding bugs. A big thank you to her.
    Also the screenshots are from her because I am bad at such stuff as some of you might know.

v4.8
    $Fixed a bug in which Arren would loop if he states he is hungry and eat on his own
    #Lowered the tax entry to 5000 gold as 10000 might be too high for people with ee
    $Fixed a condition for Arren's Revenge so you could open the box with the Cat before Arren talks to you
    +Arren will like you a little for each day he is with you

Contact
    =======
    <snip. In the readme>

Credits
    =======
    <snip. In the readme>

Tools Used
    ==========
    TES4Edit - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11536
    TES4Files - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8489
    TES4Gecko - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8665
    Readme Generator - http://lhammonds.game-host.org/obmm/tools_readme_generator1.asp
    Wrye Bash - http://wrye.ufrealms.net/Wrye%20Bash.html

Licensing/Legal
    ===============
    You must contact me and obtain my permission before re-packaging any part of
    this mod. If I do not respond within 2 weeks, wait more.

160 downloads

(0 reviews)

9 comments

Updated

18. Ashara's FF XIII Lightning Sword

Name: Ashara's FF XIII Lightning Sword
    Version: 1.0
    Date: 11/03/2010
    Author: InsanitySorrow
    Source: TES Alliance

=================
    Requirements:
    =================

Oblivion 1.2.416

=================
    Description:
    =================

NOTE: This was converted over to Oblivion with Ashara's Full Permission.

This converts Ashara's FF XII Lighting Sword from Fallout 3 over to Oblivion, it's just the sword itself and does NOT contain the
    gun version of it. You can purchase the sword from A Fighting Chance in the IC Market District, it stats are close to that of a Daedric Longsword.

=================
    Installation
    =================

folder.
    2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the Lightning Sword.esp file(s).

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the Lightning Sword.esp file(s).

=================
    =================

You can Ashara on TES Nexus or Fallout 3 Nexus under the username SydneyB.

=================
    Credits:
    =================

A big thank you too Ashara for creating the FF XIII Sword and for allowing me to convert it to Oblivion.

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Blender

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

You May not alter or re-upload this package without the permission of Ashara. This file is uploaded to TES Alliance only and is NOT to be placed on another site.

196 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

19. Automagic Bags

Simple to install, get, and use! Automagic Bags gives you... yep, you guessed it, bags! Not just ordinary bags, however - these Bags can Automagically fill themselves with items from your inventory!
    Ever wished, for example, your Bag of Holding could just swallow up all your ingredients with a couple of clicks, instead of a hundred clicks, or that you could take your ingredient storage shelves with you? Get tired of scrolling through all those keys and potions to find the one thing you really want? Or maybe you just want a solution to those long menu load times ever since you installed that encumbrance x 100 mod? Automagic Bags can do that. Yeah!
    You can get an Automagic Bag for ingredients, potions & poisons, keys, scrolls, and ammo - the things that really clutter your inventory the most, but you don't really want to leave at home.
    To get your Bags, check the crates outside of Mystic Emporium in the Imperial City, and relish just how easily Norbet Lelles does get taken in.
    All meshes have been pyffi'd for best performance, all resources have unique file paths, and the plugin has been cleaned with TES4Edit for best compatibility.
    WHAT MEANS THIS "AUTOMAGIC?!?"
    From the inventory menu, click on, say, the Keys Bag. It will ask: Do you want to put your keys away, just open the bag, or nevermind? If you choose to open the Bag, it will open as a normal container, and you can add/remove any item as you please. If you choose, however, to put your keys away, it will take every key from your inventory and put it in the Bag. AUTOMAGICALLY.
    Bags look for item types, not specific items. Therefore, they will Automagically pick up items added by mods of the type appropriate to the Bag.
    If you would like to skip the menu when you click on an Automagic Bag and just open it normally, hold down your left ALT key while you click on it.
    Bags can be hotkeyed. An Automagic Bag will present its menu when used this way - hold your left ALT key when using it via hotkey to bypass this.
    You can also acquire a large variety of non-Automagic labeled bags to help you stay organized and lightfooted. You can find them in the Market District with the Automatic Bags.
    30 unlabeled non-Automagic Bags have also been included. You can use the enclosed .ini file to assign your choice of names, icons, and world models to any Bags included in this mod. Easy instructions and visual guides have been included - just open Automagic Bags.ini with your favorite text editor & go nuts!
    FAQ, MINUS THE Q
    There is no Automagic Bag to handle armor, clothing, or weapons, and there will never be one, because the risk of breaking a saved game is too high. Please stop asking, or expressing your wish in complaint format. It's for your own good!
    Bags can be dropped from inventory with shift+click just like any other inventory item. They can then be grabbed, dragged, thrown about.
    If you lose a Bag, don't worry - get a new one with the same name, and your stuff will still be in it.
    Bags are dynamically set to be quest items while you are using them, so you cannot place them inside themselves. However, if you have a mod (such as Cobl) that optionally allows the movement of quest items, this feature may not work as intended for you.
    You don't have to use all the Bags - just take the ones that suit you. Toss extras anywhere. Bags are Nirn-friendly and biodegradeable.
    Use the Automagic Bags options token to acquire new Bags, empty all your Bags into your inventory, or turn the crates of Bags in the Market District on or off anytime you like. If you have Cobl, you will find this token in your +[Options] menu. If you don't have Cobl, you will see it as +[Automagic Bags Options] in your inventory. If you lose your options token, you can type "StartQuest KhetBagsConfigQuest" in the console to open the menu and optionally get a new token (choose Acquire Bags, there will always be a token in there with the Bags).
    When acquiring new Bags via the options menu, new Bags are no longer just dumped on you. As of v4.0, a magic container will open, and you can just take what you like. Do not store items in this container - it only holds Bags! It's not like you'll be short on storage anyways, am I right?
    Using the menu to empty your Bags will empty -all- Bags, whether they are in your possession at the time or not. This may take a few minutes if you have many items. It may also encumber you in place, so I recommend you be near a container when you do it. Make sure to empty your Bags before uninstalling this mod, or your items will probably be gone for good!
    Moving lots and lots of different kinds of items Automagically can take a few seconds. Don't worry, your game hasn't frozen! Player controls are disabled while items are being Automagically processed to prevent errors. You won't much notice this unless you have tons of stuff to move, however.
    Nirnroots and quest items are not moved Automagically to promote general saved game health & well-being.
    REQUIREMENTS
    Requires OBSE v0018 or higher.
    LINKS
    A french translation is available at La Confrérie des Traducteurs.
    CREDITS
    Phoenix Amon for the original ingredient storage script, on which many of my scripts were built Quarn for the original Bag of Holding, and permission to use the original BoH mesh & icon Extra special thanks to Vaul, who designed most of the custom icons for Automagic Bags Cortjester and the Beta Testing & Analysis Guild at TES Alliance for testing this mod

183 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

20. Automatic Random Enchantment System (ARES)

This is a BETA version. Testing has shown it to be robust and balanced, but one person can only test so much, hence the beta. Please report any bugs, errors, or imbalances (see readme).

The Automatic Random Enchantment System does exactly what it says: it provides a system where items found in the gameworld can be randomly enchanted. ARES gives modders a very powerful set of tools to control exactly how, when, and why a particular item is enchanted the way it is. ARES also comes with a rather large mod implementing these features, adding millions of potential balanced enchantment combinations to any game.

ARES then takes this information, describing possible enchantments, and randomly applies them to items sitting in containers or worn by NPCs throughout Oblivion. Each enchantment is created dynamically based on the parameters set by the modder.

Names are associated with these enchantments through an "affix" system, similar to the one used in games such as the Diablo series. For example, a modder might decide that a "Flaming" weapon has a moderate amount of fire damage — associating it with a Common soul. ARES may then choose the "Flaming" affix, and apply it to an item, giving it a Fire Damage enchantment comparable to what one could make with a Lesser Soul Gem. He may also associate a weapon "of Frost" with some Frost Damage, and ARES could combine the two into a "Flaming Sword of Frost" that does both Fire Damage and Frost Damage.

All of the values for the enchantments, such as magnitude or duration, are normalized to match values found in any particular game, based on the mods installed. For example, if a mod decides to make the Chameleon effect more expensive, ARES will generate smaller amounts of
    that effect as a result. If a mod makes Grand Soulgems very rare and only appearing late in the game, then similarly-powerful enchantments will only be found in high-level areas and worn by high-level enemies.

ARES is also distributed with my own mod created using the tool, which is simply DW_ARES.esp. DW_ARES.esp implements hundreds of affixes for literally millions of possible combinations. However, it also does not use all of the features that ARES makes possible; it is a large but
    simplistic implementation of an ARES plugin.

112 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

21. Basic Texturing Tutorial Texture Pack

This file is provided for use with the Basic Texturing Tutorial found here.

64 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

22. Benirus Manor Remade

Benirus Manor Remade
    Version 2.6.1
    By Zaldir

Description
    This mod fixes the Benirus Manor garden to look a little nicer, by adding flowers, fixing the walls, and so on.
    It also fixes up the inside of the manor by changing the lighting to make it less creepy. And the basement has also gone through a change with some lighting altering and removal of the ugly stuff.

Install
    Extract all content to your data folder.

Uninstall
    Delete "Benirus Manor Remade.esp" from your Data folder.

Incompatibility
    Open Cities - Since the cells is changed in OC, this just won't work together.

Credits
    Egger3rd for Voice acting
    Vorians for the Patches

50 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

23. Better Abandoned House

To leave the house abandoned and in shambles invites investigation and vandalism. This simple immersion mod changes the Cheydinhal Abandoned House to Alamo's house. No one can remember the last time they saw him; yet his house remains well-kept, his fireplace lit, and his taxes paid. You may find a few more ambiguous clues about his identity if you become involved with the Dark Brotherhood.
    There are a lot of mods that renovate the abandoned house in Cheydinhal into something quite livable, but I wanted a subtle story to show how the sanctuary remains undetected. If a house is not abandoned, it has a resident; and then there must be a reason that the resident is either unaware of or understanding of having a Dark Brotherhood sanctuary is his or her basement.
    This is not meant to be a player house, just an immersion/beautification mod. I knew some of you would try to live in it anyway, so I made the containers non-respawning; however, it is as bland and unmemorable as possible, so as not to rouse suspicion.
    Objects have been added to and moved in the house, the basement, and the immediate exterior. One load screen had its text changed so that it no longer mentions the Abandoned House, but rather refers to Alamo. The Abandoned House Key has been renamed to Alamo's House Key.
    Since the house is owned, you can no longer just waltz in without consequence. Those who are welcome in the sanctuary below may stay and go as they please, however.
    This mod was designed to complement my Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary mod; however, the two are completely modular and can be used separately.
    All meshes have been pyffi'd for best performance, all resources have unique file paths, and all plugins have been cleaned with TES4Edit for best compatibility.
    Land texture seam fix:
    An ugly land texture seam in Cheydinhal next door to the Abandoned House was previously fixed by this mod, but that is no longer the case since all land edits were removed for compatibility's sake. Therefore, the following plugins have been added, please use only one:
    Landscape fix for users of vanilla cities or Open Cities Classic who are NOT using UL - Cheydinhal Falls. Landscape fix for users of vanilla cities who are using UL - Cheydinhal Falls. Landscape fix for users of both Open Cities Classic and UL - Cheydinhal Falls. Better Cities and Open Cities Reborn do not have this landscape texture seam, and therefore don't need fixing. ==================================
    REQUIREMENTS
    LINKS
    A french translation of this mod is available at La Confrérie des Traducteurs.
    CREDITS
    Special thanks to Ismelda & XMarksTheSpot for AWLS & the IllumAnimation tool, which was used to convert this to an AWLS-friendly house.
    More special thanks to Demni for testing out the Better Cities patches as I worked on them. That was super helpful!

145 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

24. Better Benirus Manor

Better Benirus Manor is much brighter and more polished than the default.  It features automatic lighting, clean and light decor, and many enhancements you may toggle via in-game switches/menus in the basement to your liking.  I've also added fun stuff to the lair, including an alchemy lab & training area - but access to the lair is optional, in case you'd like to just forget the whole traumatic thing.  The post-quest exterior of the house features a well, small vineyard, and tasteful decor & vegetation.  If you have Cobl, you will also find all the Cobl basics!
    You can safely install this mod before or after the house's quest.
    I made a fully voice-acted house servant! You can download her separately here.
    TOGGLE OPTIONS FOR MANOR:
    Automatic Lights - Daylight from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Candlelight 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.  If you disable automatic lighting, a normal light switch will appear in the foyer for you to switch light settings as you like. Bedroom Bench - If you have the bathing mod, you will want this disabled so there's room for your bathtub. Benirus Master Bed - I made a custom Benirus-logo'd master bed, but you may prefer the default bed. Interior Doors - I have the interior doors off by default, they annoy me; bring them back if you like. Library Books - I added a fully-stocked library to the basement, but you might prefer empty shelves to fill up yourself, or to save FPS. Window Boards - Board the windows if you need extra privacy or darkness.  What you do in your manor is your business. Window Flowers - I added flowers around some windows inside the house; disable them for cleaner lines. Summon/Dismiss Butler - The butler will come, tidy up any messes you've made, put fresh food on the table, and hang around until dismissed.  Please note that this will remove all items from the manor that weren't placed by the game or the mod, so don't use this feature if you decorate! Summon/Dismiss Phoebe - Not a cat person?  Have a pet Land Dreugh?  Send Phoebe outside to play.
    TOGGLE OPTIONS FOR BASEMENT:
    Basement Lights - Get extra bright lights in the basement if you need them.  The switch is by the basement door. Portal Cover - I have the lair portal covered by default for those who want to forget the whole thing.  Also plenty of wine in the basement.  The Secret Switch to access the lair is just outside the portal.
    TOGGLE OPTIONS FOR LAIR:
    Lair Aged/Tidy - For the neat freak in all of us, the cobwebs and bones have been cleaned up - but you may prefer the aged & dirty look.  BYO spiders. Brazier Flames - you can turn the lair braziers on or off, either to save FPS or to be extra dark an' spookeh. Brazier Flame Colors - The brazier flames are an evil violet/green by default, but you can switch to normal flames if you're grilling in. Anvil - You can make the anvil in the lair for decoration only, if you prefer. Mage Altars - Toggle them on or off. Summon/Dismiss Guardian - Dismiss or recall Ed if he's in your way. The library shelves are stocked with at least one copy of every book.  This includes skill books.  So, you know, don't read everything in one sitting.
    I've also included a higher-resolution Arcane Symbol (the glowy circle-star thingy that's all over the lair) replacer.  I'm mostly sure it's an improvement on the original.  It's, uh, optional, in any case.
    Support for All Natural, Benirus Lair, and See You Sleep are included in the main download.  Ghorak's House and Benirus Manor Rebuilt include patches I created for Better Benirus Manor in their files.  Open Cities Classic compatibility is already enabled without a patch.  "Interior Only" versions are included for users of city mods such as Better Cities and Open Cities Reborn to prevent conflicts.

REQUIREMENTS
    Recommended, but not required: Shivering Isles expansion, Book Jackets, Cobl, Anvil/City Morning Glory, Setsuna Dummy Training Modified

LINKS
    A French translation of this mod is available at La Confrérie des Traducteurs.
    A Russian translation of this mod is available at Anvil Bay.

CREDITS
    HS for the fantastic housecat resources Arthmoor for working with me on making BBM and OCC compatible Qarl for allowing me to package his normalmaps in this mod for my custom wall texture Brumbek & the All Natural Team for allowing me to edit and distribute All Natural's house interior mesh for full All Natural support Obsidian Dawn (http://www.obsidiandawn.com/), a.k.a. redheadstock @ dA for the brushes used to finish the Arcane Symbol replacer InsanitySorrow for the dungeon retex we originally used for Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary The UOP Team for the script fix for black soul gem altars Greenwarden, for always.  <3  

334 downloads

(0 reviews)

4 comments

Updated

25. Better Benirus Manor - Helping Hands

This mod adds an Eyja-style servant to Benirus Manor.
    You can install this regardless of whether you have completed the house's quest or not. If you already have, you can find the young lady Rosalind waiting to be hired at The Count's Arms in Anvil. If you haven't, she will make herself present when you have finished the quest. Each method has a different introduction that gives you a different bit of her story. Either way, she wants 150 septims to come work for you (same price as Eyja, who may or may not be her cousin).
    Rosalind is fully voice-acted. She doesn't have much to say, but she will cheerfully present you with a mead or meat pie anytime you ask, or re-tell her story. She will sleep in any available bed in the basement, and she will eat in the basement three times per day. Otherwise she will always be around the house to provide you meals and company.
    Rosalind has her own custom outfit. You cannot remove this outfit, or dress her in something different, even with console use. There are plenty of companion mods out there with NPCs who are "of age", and you can dress those however you want. But Rosalind isn't old enough for that chainmail bikini, k?
    All resources have unique file paths, and the plugin has been cleaned with TES4Edit for best compatibility.
    2015-05-20: The most recent upload contains no changes to the mod itself, but does contain an optional file to silence Rosalind's voice acting. You will want Elys' Universal Silent Voice to prevent the dialogue from flashing across the screen too quickly.
    REQUIREMENTS
    LINKS
    A French translation of this mod is available at La confrerie des traducteur.
    A Russian translation of this mod is available at Anvil Bay.
    CREDITS
    Kivan for the resources for LIP file generation Greenwarden for Rosalind's beautiful face Ryk for the clothes from "Simple Dress" mod Yevic for fitting the clothes just right jclyde, TK, Luchaire, and everyone who worked on "Working Eyelashes" for the lashes Nequam for the EE eye mesh Flonne for the beautiful eye texture Voice acting: Me

153 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated