DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hau'oli Paena - A Shivering Isles home

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

== Hau'oli Paena v1.0 by WhoGuru ==

In the heart of the Shivering Isles, below the towering watch of the Hill of Suicides, a small, unassuming home stands above the waters.

------------------

Once, a Blackwood artisan woman lost her way in Cyrodiil, falling to sleep beneath the worn visage of an ancient Daedra statue. She woke to find herself in the Shivering Isles, the Mad God's laughter following her as she woke and ran, thanking her for using his statue as a bed post.

For many months she wandered lost, some say mad as well as the Isles demands of all who live within them. Finally, she settled below the Hill of Suicides to watch the hapless souls above throwing themselves to their deaths. Laughing each day at each new body added to her little lake, she built a home.

A home to remind her of her beloved Leyawiin amidst the manic world she now called home. As she painstakingly hung the last woven tapestry, her hands raw from the years of work, she gave to her house an ancient southern Mer name; Hau'oli Paena. Laughing at her own whimsy, naming the house "Happy Landing", she climbed the peak of the Hill of Suicides. Standing at the top, staring down at the beautiful home she had wrought, she threw her arms wide.

Giving a laughing scream to the Mad God, she dove from the height to her Happy Landing and added her bones to those gathered along the shore and in the waters. To ever be a part of the house she had so painstakingly crafted.

This home, then, is now yours, weary and mad traveler, for you are surely as lost as she was. Be wary when you walk the waters below the deck that you may stumble on the bones of its creator and always remember to look up as you pass. You wouldn't want to join the bones for being the last landing of a fallen soul...or perhaps you would.

------------------

Hau'oli Paena is located in the Shivering Isles on the North side of the Hill of Suicides, at the base of the cliffs in an inlet of water, just South of Knife Point Hollow and East of Puddlejump Camp.

== Requirements ==

TES IV: Oblivion Patched to v1.2.0416

Shivering Isles

== Installation ==

Extract the Hau'oli Paena.esp, Meshes, Menu and Textures folders to your Oblivion/Data Directory then enable Hau'oli Paena in the Oblivion Launcher

== Uninstallation ==

Remove the following files and folders from your Oblivion directory:

Hau'oli Paena.esp

Data/Meshes/Hauoli

Data/Textures/Hauoli

Data/Menus/Icons/Bathmod

== Changelog ==

v0.9 -ORE Challenge Release

v1.0 -Public Release

== Bugs/Incompatibilities ==

None Known

== Credits ==

*Darkrider - Without who's patient tutelage I would not be the modder I am today.

*Greenwarden as ever for doublechecking my framerate and keeping me from killing it. Without her I would never know when I'd gone overboard.

== Resources Used ==

Garak's Booksets

ExileHunters' Highland Furniture set

EFG Tapestries

AndySaura's Kitchen and Bath

Antistar's Bathtub Resource

Hel Bornes Enchanting Altar Resource

Meo's Open Books Resource

WildKarddes Potbelly Stove

Xia's Sofa and Chair Set

== Contact ==

Contact WhoGuru on either TES Alliance or Bethsoft's Official Forums for prompt support.

== Permissions ==

As everything in my mod is either vanilla content, a resource, or a retexture done by me, you may do with it as you wish, including my paintings. If you use any resources from this mod, be sure to give credit in your readme to their authors.

Location.jpg

gallery_86_4_103645.jpg

gallery_86_4_111277.jpg

gallery_86_4_19201.jpg

gallery_86_4_138483.jpg

gallery_86_4_45625.jpg

gallery_86_4_47284.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi there. This is the first of your mods that I've tried and I absolutely love it. You've done a great job with making something livable and unique, and almost as soon as my character hits the Shivering Isles she heads for this home!

thanks for making this and I'm SO looking forward to checking out the rest of your mods soon. :woohoo:

Tracy

Oh Who, it's gorgeous :thumbsup: A stunning setting with fantastic views all around, beautifully decorated and filled with character! Very well done indeed. Expect to see the screenshots I promised very soon!