DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Skyrim] [Skyrim SE] My Own Alternate Start latest version

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod, as its name suggests, is an alternate start. You will be able to start the game on five different places, at the borders of Skyrim.

-----oOo-----

Permissions:

• No redistribution. This mod must remain exclusive to TES Alliance.
  • You are allowed to make changes to this mod to your convenience as long as you do not redistribute it after modification.

-----oOo-----

With this mod you will be able to start the game:

• from Cyrodiil,
  • from Hammerfell,
  • from High Rock,
  • from Morrowind (South and North).

According to your choice, your player will be teleported near the border from where they are coming.

01.thumb.jpeg.85c2d27e96528e3376d3743095d24cdc.jpeg

20171224175840_1.jpg

20171224175958_1.jpg

20171224180042_1.jpg

20171224182912_1.jpg

20171224180416_1.jpg

Helgen:

08.thumb.jpg.e6939aff8b22ff73012b577d5b21d2e7.jpg

10.thumb.jpg.5976f6f6d6c977852fb4d6583d7bfdb7.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.38ab6363ae5402da878379b718338370.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.1497f7126cd213abcacbc5f76dffde0f.jpg

Hadvar and Ralof:

13.thumb.jpg.a830631abaf0b1551d162bcabae8d06c.jpg

14.thumb.jpg.441b9b799bd55457187eaa782a9f6b6e.jpg

-----oOo-----

Notes:

• Helgen has been destroyed and looks exactly like it should after Alduin's attack if you had played the vanilla beginning,
  • Nobody will mention the presence of the player in Helgen (unless I've overlooked something, of course),
  • Hadvar has been moved to Castle Dour, near General Tullius; he will be disabled at some point during the civil war campaign,
  • Ralof has been moved to the Palace of the Kings in Windhelm, near Ulfric Stormcloak; he will be disabled at some point during the civil war campaign.

Starting the main and civil war quest lines:

• Your player will not witness the attack on Helgen but starting the main quest line and the civil war will always be possible.
  • If you haven't visited Helgen yet, you'll have to bribe the guard so that he allows you to enter Whiterun and Jarl Balgruuf will not have proper lines for you. To start the main quest, you'll have to discover Helgen first. Once this done, go visit Jarl Balgruuf in Whiterun. The usual scene will not start, approach the Jarl and tell him that you want to help him dealing with the dragon problem.

07.jpeg

08.jpeg

09.jpeg

10.jpeg

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

14.jpeg

• to start the Civil War quest line, simply go to Solitude or Windhelm and enlist there, as usual.
  • if you start the Civil War quest line before the main quest line, you'll have to discover Helgen. A quest will launch to that effect when you bring the "Message to Whiterun" to Jarl Balgruuf.

Requirements:

• Dawnguard,
  • Hearthfires,
  • Dragonborn.

Incompatibilities:

Use only one alternate start.

Do not use with other mods that modify the following quests:

• MQ101 "Unbound",
  • MQ102 "Before the Storm",
  • CW03 "Message to Whiterun".

Do not use with other mods that modify the following cells:

• HelgenKeep01,
  • WindhelmPalaceOfTheKings,
  • SolitudeCastleDour,
  • Wilderness 6, -29,
  • HelgenExterior02 (4, -20),
  • Wilderness 42, 9,
  • Wilderness 51, -28,
  • Wilderness -41, 24,
  • Wilderness -13, -25.

Starting Dawnguard:

• no changes.

Starting Hearthfires:

• no changes.

Starting Dragonborn:

• to start Dragonborn you'll have to start the main quest (see above).

Installation and removal:

• if you are playing the original version of Skyrim, download "MyOwnAlternateStart.zip" and extract its content into your Data directory,
  • if you are playing Skyrim Special Edition, download "MyOwnAlternateStartSE.zip" and extract its content into your Data directory.

Deinstalling this mod is probably not safe at all!

Consoles Versions:

There will not be consoles versions of this mod.

Great many thanks to Bethesda Game Studios for creating this amazing game!

Great many thanks to TES Alliance for allowing us to share our creations on their web site!

:)

What's New in Version latest version   See changelog

Released

Starts the civil war in the background and enables Falkreath Stormcloak camp (the one near Orphan Rock).

• Thanks 2
  • Love This 4
  • Funny 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

The People Of Skyrim.  A huge mod that I had to wait for a new game to try.  Touches most areas.

It doesn't mean you need  a patch to use it with this mod. :)

Thank you very much for this mod. I will try it out at my new playthrough. I used to use Alternate Start by Arthmoor, but I guess your mod is better.
Keep it up.

P.S. May I ask why you don't upload your mods on the Nexus?

11 minutes ago, TheGhostface said:

P.S. May I ask why you don't upload your mods on the Nexus?

I just don't like the place. :)

Thank you for your support!

Edited by ladyonthemoon

13 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

I just don't like the place. :)

Thank you for your support!

I know what you mean. Very weird people on there. :)

You're most welcome!

I hope you don't mind, if I ask another question. I'm new on here as you might noticed. Is there any way to rate your mod or give it an endorsement or something like that? If yes, how? I don't see anything like that. The 5 grey stars on the upper corner do nothing when I click on them. I thought, this would be the way to rate your mod, but it seems I was wrong.
Thank you in advance for your help!

1 hour ago, TheGhostface said:

I hope you don't mind, if I ask another question. I'm new on here as you might noticed. Is there any way to rate your mod or give it an endorsement or something like that? If yes, how? I don't see anything like that. The 5 grey stars on the upper corner do nothing when I click on them.

The stars are the way to rate a mod here but it seems that they are currently broken; they don't work for me either.

Reporting this to @DarkRider so that he fixes the problem.

And thank you for the intention! I see so many people on Bethnet just downloading mods to be able to downrate them that I had lost hope on that matter. ;)

1 hour ago, ladyonthemoon said:

The stars are the way to rate a mod here but it seems that they are currently broken; they don't work for me either.

Reporting this to @DarkRider so that he fixes the problem.

And thank you for the intention! I see so many people on Bethnet just downloading mods to be able to downrate them that I had lost hope on that matter. ;)

Ah okay. Thanks!

I don't understand some people. They are getting stuff for free. Mod authors put so much time and work in their mods and the people are too lazy to come back and rate the mods they were downloading or give them an endorsement. This is what I always disliked about the people on nexus. Most of them are complaining, complaining, complaining, nothing else. I dislike ungrateful people. ;)

Have a very nice day and please excuse my poor English. I am German, but nobody is perfect, right? :)

12 minutes ago, ladyonthemoon said:

Right! I'm French myself... :lol:

Hello neighbour! :) I hope you don't expect me now to write French. My French is more worse than my English. In fact there is absolutely no French word I know. :D
What about your German? :)

P.S. Voila. See, I know a French word. :D

My German? Oh... Ich weiss es nicht... (In French, "Je ne sais pas ..."; in English, "I don't know...") It's aboul all I can recall right now. :(

25 minutes ago, ladyonthemoon said:

My German? Oh... Ich weiss es nicht... (In French, "Je ne sais pas ..."; in English, "I don't know...") It's aboul all I can recall right now. :(

Wow, this was impressive! Absolutely correct. No mistakes in it. PERFECT! :)
And thanks for the French translation. Now I know some more French words. :)

• Love This 1

12 minutes ago, TheGhostface said:

Wow, this was impressive! Absolutely correct. No mistakes in it. PERFECT! :)
And thanks for the French translation. Now I know some more French words. :)

You're welcome! :D

I'm wondering, if you look at the stars it says (0 reviews), maybe you need to write a review to be able to rate the mod?

5 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

You're welcome! :D

I'm wondering, if you look at the stars it says (0 reviews), maybe you need to write a review to be able to rate the mod?

Thanks! :)

Hmm, could be like that, but where do I write a review? Here in the comment section? Seems a little odd to me. Why do I have to write a review do rate a mod? On a German movie website, I can rate movies without writing a review. Why should it be different on here. It makes no sense. Not all people have so much time to write reviews. It would be better that people can rate a mod quickly.

4 minutes ago, TheGhostface said:

It makes no sense. Not all people have so much time to write reviews. It would be better that people can rate a mod quickly.

I think this is to avoid people rating mods they have not really used. You don't need to write something lengthy. ;)

On the top of the comments, you have a "0 Reviews" tab. :)

Capture.JPG.8c13f96a3d3335b7c8e22be916391b55.JPG

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ladyonthemoon said:

I think this is to avoid people rating mods they have not really used. You don't need to write something lengthy. ;)

On the top of the comments, you have a "0 Reviews" tab. :)

Hmm, maybe you're right. But on the nexus you can endorse a mod 15 minutes after you downloaded a mod. It would be stupid to rate a mod without having played it. :)

Okay, thanks. Then I'll take some time tomorrow and I will write a review, if this is what TES ALLIANCE wants from me before I can rate your mod. :)

So far I have to say, it is really well executed and I like it a lot. :)

Now I wish you a wonderful evening and a good night. Sleep well and sweet dreams. Take care and stay safe. :)

P.S. Do you have some knowledge in scripting in the CK? I have a problem when I try to compile scripts and I don't know why. Maybe you could provide some help, if you would be so nice. But you don't have to, if you don't want to. :)

Mod Organizer 2 is giving me this error , any fix?The mod works it is just im trying not to have any issue in the long run.

error1.png