DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

A Brotherhood Renewed 1.1.2

(2 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

a-brotherhood-renewed-logo.jpg

"The Cheydinhal Sanctuary is but one of many secret Dark Brotherhood safe havens spread across the Imperial Province."

You've completed your contracts. You rose through the ranks. Lucien entrusted you with his life. After a long and difficult struggle, you saved the Dark Brotherhood from total annihilation. All that remains of the once proud and powerful organization are you, Arquen, and some lowly random murderer the two of you found. After all this you're satisfied with visiting Bravil once a week to collect a pittance of cash? Is there nothing more to be done? The story just ends here, like a bad movie? Not anymore. The time has come to reclaim lost power, to retake lost sanctuaries. To renew the Dark Brotherhood.

This mod adds a short series of quests to the end of the saga of the Dark Brotherhood which takes place after your first visit to Bravil after becoming the Listener. I always felt that Bethesda cut things short at the end of the quest line. You're just supposed to continue on, as though nothing was wrong, after your entire organization was brought to its knees? What about all those sanctuaries out there the game makes a point of mentioning but you never see? This is my answer to that and at least brings things to a more sensible close by the time you are done.

You may install this at any point during the game, it is not necessary to wait for the end of the quest line. In fact, some of the involved characters will exist and be out in the game world prior to everything turning for the worst. You may not even realize who they are when you find them. Once you have made it to the end of the quest line and visit the Night Mother statue in Bravil at least once, the events will begin. You will be approached by a courier to start things off.

What's New in Version 1.1.2

Released

Added a contingency for Carahil being dead in Anvil so that the Anvil sanctuary quest won't get blocked on this.

• Love This 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I Highly Recommend this. This adds so much more to the game. Well done and thought out. It doesn't mess up any locations. Now to wait for the Skingrad sanctuary to be done. Keep up the great work. Kudos Arthmoor! ;)

Version 1.0.2

* The courier's AI would start returning back to the sanctuary if the player caused the conditions to break temporarily.

He will now simply stop where he's at and resume once the player is available again.

* Undead everywhere in the game were no longer hostile if the Bruma sanctuary quest was not advanced beyond a certain point.

* NPCs who survive the Purification as a result of mods were not moved to their sanctuaries when hired.

* Dialogue relating to Edla's side quest was not properly restricted to only be spoken by the hired Speaker.

Version 1.0.3

* Updated scripting to handle Scar-Tail's quest conditions to make sure he isn't a valid hire option if he's dead or the player hasn't met him yet.

Hopefully this time it's actually fixed and doesn't still have loopholes.

Version 1.0.4

* Fixed end-of-quest rumors to not be spoken by Dark Brotherhood members as it makes no sense.

Version 1.0.5

* One of the ending branches for the Edla side quest had to be tweaked to allow for a vanilla NPC's death.

* Added a book to the Leyawiin sanctuary to provide background to what happened there.

* Added a book in the IC and Bruma. Go read it :thumbsup:

* A bug in the Chorrol sanctuary could cause the Chorrol reclamation quest to jump stages, even if it was not active. This leads to breakage if the quest is undertaken later.

* The same thing could happen if Edda's skeleton is looted in the Chorrol sewer prior to the quest being undertaken properly.

* The normal map for the Sithis shrines was named wrong and consequently never used by the game.

Yes, it's compatible with Whispered Warning :)

Version 1.0.6

* It was possible to prematurely trigger the IC Sanctuary quest if the location was visited and the shrine activated before the proper time.

This is a great modification I must say. I always wished I could actually do something usefull as listener, and now I can! I really wish you could act as a speaker too though, tracking down people who pray and handing out contracts. That would be fun!

Version 1.0.8

* Changed all of the post-IC quest dialogue so only the Speaker for the sanctuary handles it, as intended.

* Stopped the "not here, not in public" response if a vanilla sanctuary dweller is promoted to Speaker and later spoken to in their sanctuary.

* Tweaked the journal entries for the Edla side quest so they will specify the Speaker's name in the text.

* Plugged one path on the Edla side quest that would leave the quest running indefinitely, causing other dialogue to block.

* Fixed the IC barracks so they don't have several "Listener's Reliquaries" in them.

* A duplicate chest in the reclaimed Anvil sanctuary has been removed.

* The key to the Bravil Sanctuary would not be given to the player when hiring the vanilla NPC.

* Fixed numerous dialogue and quest bugs with the Edla side quest.

* Re-ran collision optimization with the latest PyFFI.

* Arquen's torch will be forceably unequipped and removed. It should have been done by the game anyway.

* Added an extra bit to Chorrol, available after Regonald arrives. Should prove useful.

* Swapped in some new rugs in some of the sanctuaries.

I have visited the night mother millions of times, took the information to Arquen, waited for days hanging around any city but the f***ing courier doesn't appear. I have installed the mod and activated through the data section at the beginning of the program. As I see I have a more recent version of the game; I have the v1.2.268 and this mod wants the v1.2.0416.

What's going wrong???

I have visited the night mother millions of times, took the information to Arquen, waited for days hanging around any city but the f***ing courier doesn't appear. I have installed the mod and activated through the data section at the beginning of the program. As I see I have a more recent version of the game; I have the v1.2.268 and this mod wants the v1.2.0416.

What's going wrong???

v1.2.0416 is the latest version. A lot of the more recent mods requires Oblivion to be updated to it. You don't have the latest version. v1.2.268 is not the latest version. Best get the update before you download anymore mods.

I've only done the Imperial City part, but this questline is amazingly detailed and well thought out! I hope that one day something will be added that involves Vizero =)

Is there a way to find out where the other sanctuaries are located after completing their quests? I completed the parts that involved going to them a long time ago, took a break from the game, and now I can't remember where they are as they do not have map markers. I can get to most of them through the IC teleporters but there are a few crystals I never placed in the other sanctuaries (which I'd like to do now). I did not see anything about this in the ReadMe. Is there an NPC I can ask?

Edit: I found your separate walk-through file download. I feel stupid =p

Edited by Sword_Artist