DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Alternative Beginnings 1.4.6

(3 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Tossed in jail for waylaying a royal caravan on the highway, your trial was mere days away. Something is wrong though, the days have turned to weeks, and the weeks to months. You no longer have any idea how long you've been down here. The guards stopped checking your cell almost a week ago, and now the last of your food is running out. Your cellmate died months ago and they never removed the body. It won't be long before your bones decorate the cell as well. The Gods have forsaken you! Or have they....

Alternative Beginnings puts you in the position of the poor forgotten prisoner lamenting life's choices. You will be able to choose from several different options on how to begin the game, all from the discomfort of your dank prison cell. Your choices influence the circumstances by which the game begins, and hopefully the Gods won't forsake you this time around!

Requires OBSE 0020 or higher.

What's New in Version 1.4.6   See changelog

Released

Fixed an issue with the Kvatch addon ring in the Imperial Dungeon. It should no longer disappear when equipped until you're in range of the chest.

• Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hmmm It doesn't seem to work for me... I can change class, race, and sign but not start location. and if i try start location first it does nothing

Ugh. Two people on Nexus are having the same issue. I haven't heard back from them on the next step in troubleshooting yet.

(GACK, can't see the cursor!)

Can you do me a favor? Open the console and type this: sqv albchargenquest then report on the last 3-5 lines that come up there.

Then after you get those lines, try this: sqv mq01 and get the last 3-5 lines of that. And one last one, sqv charactergen, same 3-5 lines. They should have the current stage and status of each quest listed.

My suspicion is OBSE is not engaging properly. Race, class, and birthsign don't need OBSE but the bedroll to start the game does and that seems to be where the common failure is. So knowing what version of OBSE you're using would help too. I'm told 0019b works, but I built the mod using 0020b5 so I know that works.

It's almost sounding like I'll need to file a bug report for OBSE if this keeps up.

Ok I'll try and see what happens.

EDIT: ummm OBSE I don't have that. Sorry for wasting your time I'll get it in a bit and test for you anyway.

Downloaded obse worked perfectly its an Awesome mod! When I make a new character I'll defiantly use it. I used obse_0019b and it worked. so you can confirm that. Sorry I blamed your mod for my stupidity. :/

BTW Love how you incorporated the MQ with the outlaw and having the body to loot with the note and stuff. Keep it up!

Just for giggles, I've tried two beginnings- outlaw, and guild member. Both worked perfectly. I'll be customizing mine with brighter lights for character generation (yeah I realize that the lighting is appropos for a forgotten cell- I just want it lit differently for my own chargen obsessed purposes XD) and that is it- this is a wonderful alt start mod. My lore-centric characters have suitable starting options, as do my most lore-flouting "weird" custom race characters. Great work.

Great mod probably my favorite alt Beginning mod now!!

one little thing I have noticed however is the -darkbrotherhood guild start- the front door to the abandoned house is still locked and makes it impossible to get out unless your lucky and find a lock pick in a container somewhere within the sanctuary or use a cheat in the ~ console

but really nice mod, very stable so far, thanks for sharing with us

Oh, good catch on the house key. I forgot all about that. That's been taken care of now. Nothing like being trapped in the sanctuary XD

Bah, and I just created a new Sister too. Thanks for the update and thanks for making this mod. It's so fast and easy I'll have level 1 chars everywhere pretty soon, lol.

Really enjoying this...would love to see a Legion Soldier starter in a future update, maybe camped in some outpost with a patrol... XD

I have but 1 question. Ok I have all of the requirements I have OBSE 000v19b I also have the latest version of Oblivion but when I start the game I see yellow exclamation marks all over. Is there something else I was supposed to download like any meshes or textures. Please respond. XD good work though looks great from the screens.

There are no additional resources for this mod. Everything it references are vanilla objects so you'll need to make sure your game is loading the files correctly.

Just used this for the 1st time. Works like a charm. Excellent to dive into the roleplay side and gain feeling for the character from the outset. Marvelous addition.

Is there a way to complete the quest you are given by the emperor in vanilla? Even if you start at another location?