DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Blender Questions

StormRaven

Question:

I have a question, but I'm not sure where to post it.  Is there a forum for general questions?

I recently downloaded the latest version of blender-2.48a.  During installation I was asked download python-2.5.  When I went to the python downloads page, I downloaded the latest version, which is python 2.6.  I assumed that 2.6 a later version, would be all right with blender.  However, being the person I am, I thought I would check here to see if there would be any problems between the versions.

Blender is coming up and appears to be functioning properly.  However, I did not think it would hurt to ask.  You never know until you do.  LOL

Thank you,

Storm Raven

Please feel free to move this topic to the appropriate forum, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Action taken by Moderator: Topic moved to Study hall.

Vince,

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, this is the message in the box.

Compiled with Python version 2.5.2.

'Import site' failed; use -v for trace back.

Checking for installed Python... No installed Python found

Only built-in modules are available.  Some scripts may not run.

Continuing happily.

Apparently something is wrong.  Does this message give you an indication as to what I should do next.

Storm Raven.

Thank you for moving this topic into the appropriate forum.  Now I know where to ask questions like this.

Unfortunately, it appears that 2.48 doesn't recognize your 2.6 version of Python.  Blender should still work fine, but most or all of the scripts won't be there.  For example, with an object selected in Object mode, it you click on Object to see the pop-up menu, the first selection will be Scripts.  If you click on that, there may be no scripts listed.

If you can, uninstall Python version 2.6 and download and install an earlier version (like 2.5.2).  Your best bet for help on this would be Blender Artist's Forum.  Good luck.

Vince,

Thank you, your assistance in clearing this up for me is appreciated.

Blender is not the only thing that Python 2.6 is not compatible with.

I am told it does not currently work with Wrye Bash either.

I am told that the correct order of installation is Python->PyFFI->Blender->NifScripts

Is that correct?

Storm Raven