DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

oblivion crashes

nanno

everytime i swich to my desktop or tell the game to close, vista gives me a message that oblivion stopped responding :rofl: its really annoying, especially when i get a pop up window while playing and the game crashes... anyone got any ideas how to fix it? :pints:

Don't worry nanno, moving your threads gives me a job to do! :D

As for the game crashing, make sure you're not quitting the game right away when you bring up the exit screen - always exit to 'Main Menu", then quit the game from there. Vista has problems I'm unfamiliar with, though.

But a wise person once said, if your game doesn't crash, you don't have enough mods installed! :bagged:

My game crashes every time I quit. :bagged: More precisely, I choose 'quit' and get to stare at the brown washed screen for about 5 minutes before hearing the ding of an Error window popping up BEHIND said brown washed screen, at which point I have to move my mouse around and hunt for it, then guess where the close button is. If I miss, I have to restart the computer. Grrrr.

I'm running Windows XP, not Vista though and I've never found a way to fix it. I just suffer through it. LOL Sorry man.

oblivion is known to be unstable when alt-tab or minizing, in fact in the Fallout 3 (same engine same issue) manual i believe it says that the game will crash if minimized.

if i want to exit, i just type qqq into the console, exits without crashing, it even says goodbye :bagged:

well, even if i try to go to the main menu it crashes :nope:

and for some reason my console doesnt open :bagged:

oh and red, if you dont wanna wait 5 min, just do ctrl+alt+esc and then end oblivion, its not the best solution but it works :D

well, even if i try to go to the main menu it crashes :rofl: and for some reason my console doesnt open :curse: oh and red, if you dont wanna wait 5 min, just do ctrl+alt+esc and then end oblivion, its not the best solution but it works :rofl:

If you use OBSE, get the "Pluggy" Plugin, version 100 or higher, it has a "Halt" console command that makes oblivion exit NOW.

For the console issue, that is a known problem with Vista, and Oblivion. (and fallout 3 as well....) there is a mod "Ring of Console" that works for most folks, others have had some success using the generic MS keyboard drivers that come with Vista. Still others, can't get it to work, no matter what they do.....

A great modder once said:

If Oblivion doesn't crash on exit, you aren't using enough mods.

haha thats a good quote :smug: ill install pluggy, but i just found this mod (like 2 min ago lol) which says you can exit oblivion with no crashes ill try pluggy first tho

If you read the requirements, it uses the pluggy functionality, just has a cleaner way of doing it.

• 1 year later...