DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Tavern - BGSForum Edition

Vereta

I want to invite anyone here to the official forum's very own version of Tavern Tales I will plainly call "The Tavern." I kinda' grow impatient waiting for a new entry to appear so I ended up thinking, what about another Tavern to entertain me and others? I could use some ideas to set up the sign-up thread and a small pre-role play setting post.

Unless, of course, anyone objects to an official forum Tavern Tales?

It's not a bad idea. There are some very popular RP threads on the official forums.  For ideas for your "sign up' thread, check out the "About Tavern Tales" thread here. That should be the template you need, if you plan on having the writing in the same loose format there as we do here. You'll want to be very specific on that as many of the RPers on the official forums are die hard RPers. Meaning they follow a much stricter format more along the lines of D&D unless you specify otherwise.   :pints:

You know the tavern won't be the same without the crew here, you might just wait awhile to see how things pick up around here once we launch the new site. I know it feels like it's taking forever, but it really is coming along and we should be launching soon.

BGS does have a "tavern" type thread called the Drunken Dragon Inn, though you may just get redirected there.

Personally, I'd hate to seen the tavern slaughtered over on BGS; their RP threads there aren't anything like here, not really storytelling more like fast paced D&D type interactions as Red mentions. I mean, obviously I can't stop you and if you take the tavern there I won't hold a grudge against you or anything, but my vote would be no.  :pints:

Cheers!

Actually, I checked out the Drunken Dragon Inn. It's  nothing like the tavern at all. Besides, as long as the Tavern is well established and well moderated nothing bad should happen. In truth, this 'new' Tavern won't have anything to do with the current one. The only thing it will keep is the loose form of role play. All I need to do is establish the rules carefully and to-the-point.

Acronyms... sighWhat is BGS? Any links?

Our poor William is in need of a vacation, go easy on him. :pints:

@V- The trouble with the tavern at BGS is that it won't likely be well moderated and they have very specific stickied RP rules there. And I do know the Drunken Dragon isn't the same, but when you announce you want to start a game in a tavern, that's what they will likely point you to; just making an observation. By all means, sally forth if you are so desiring, but just be prepared for trouble.  :cry:

While it is totally your choice on whether to start an RP on Beth, I have to say, I do feel kind of Proprietary about the Tavern. I mean, as a setting, it's ours. She belongs on TESA. Maybe it's a bit silly but I kind of don't want to see the Tavern dragged over to Beth and then get stomped on, as I'm afraid the loose format we use is likely to be.   :pints:  

Perhaps, as they already have a tavern centered RP over there, you could choose a different format? Just a thought!   :cry:

Lol, alright I get it. The Tavern is unique to the Alliance. Alright, I guess I'll just join in another RP already set up there.

Hey you asked for it mate!  :pints:

It wouldn't be the same anyway, you'd miss us and come running back home after a little while!  aa_biggrin.gif

Okay, I'll give you the lock here.  :pints:  If you're going to try and join one of the RP's on the official forums, be sure to read up on their rules. Hard core RPers are generally not good with new people who make mistakes. They can be very elitist.   aa_tongue.gif  My brother in law is one and I routinely want to smack him when we discuss RP, I mention the Tavern and he actually sneers.    :cry:  Such a git.

You sure you want a lock here?   :wave:

Yup. All you can do is shake your head and look the other way. They like arguing entirely too much those sorts. :cry:

Ok, ok. Tossing a lock on this now.   :pints:  Take all that creative energy and start a Tavern entry! LOL I might even do that to! At least a short one!