DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Valus Cottage

WhoGuru

[align=center]Valus Cottage v1.0[/align]

DOWNLOAD:

TESA:

TES Nexus: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25374

== Valus Cottage v1.0 ==

For many tens of years, there has been a secret route between Morrowind and Cyrodiil. A route known only to the Thieves and smugglers called simply, the Thieves Highway. A tunnel cut upward through the Valus mountains themselves allowing the less savory to escape notice from border patrols, filter their stolen goods from one principality to the other and hide when their faces become too well known.

Some years ago, a particularly successful Lady Thief who had used the Thieves Highway to amass her fortune, noted the Imperial Patrols spending far too much time near the Daedra Shrine that sat so near the upper exit of the tunnel. They had obviously become suspicious and it would only be a matter of time before it was found.

Part of her success was in her anonymity. There were few her knew her real name nor to what trade she plied herself. In fact, she was considered a respectable member of society in Cyrodiil. With this in mind, she plotted a way to protect the highway. She commissioned many builders and craftsmen from across the Empire to build her a house, her mountain cottage she called it and for the nobles she oft dined with, convinced them she wanted nothing more than a retreat where she could pursue an affair untroubled by fear of discovery.

Those wealthy and gossip hungry folk were more than happy to accept her reasoning and she began construction. Keeping the entrance cleverly hid from the workers, a house was constructed into the very cliff wall of the Valus Mountains. It's only access, so far as any were concerned, a mountain path that wound up to and through the Shrine of the Daedra Lord Boethia.

It took many months to finish the cottage. Several workers fell to their deaths assembling the retaining walls that would support the house. Several more met mysterious ends in the night when they came too near a spot the Lady Thief would rather they stayed clear of.

Her time amongst the builders was not spent in idleness. She learned from them their trade, the tricks of craftsmanship. Once the cottage was complete and the last of the workers paid and on their way, she descended to the well appointed cellar. There, she used the skills she had learned to build a secret room hidden by an ingenious moving shelf designed by two fellow scoundrels, the Scourge of Borne and an enigmatic thief known only as J.D.

Though the Lady Thief has moved on to richer climbs, her cottage still stands on the side of the Valus mountains, sentinel over the high entrance to the Thieves Highway. Should you ever need a respite from authorities watchful eye, look you to the far south of Cheydinhal in the Valus Mountains. Find the ancient ruin of Hame and from there a path that will lead you on a winding trek ever higher until at last you reach Boethia's Shrine. From there, you will find your haven within arms reach.

**Location =

Valus Cottage can be found very near the Shrine of Boethia in the Valus Mountains. The Cottage is South East of Cheydinhal and far East of Bravil. Nearly to the Morrowind Border. To find the Shrine and so the Cottage, start where the Corbolo River becomes the Reed and travel East to find a pass up into the mountains. Acrobatics will come in handy on this climb, it's not an easy trek. Of course, those who explore the valley below the Shrine may find another way up to the top. A hidden way. Good luck.

== == Requirements ==

TES IV: Oblivion Patched to v1.2.0416

== Installation ==

Extract the Valus Cottage esp, Meshes, Sound and Textures to your Oblivion Data directory then enable Valus Cottage in the Oblivion Launcher.

== Uninstallation ==

Remove the following files and folders from your Oblivion Directory:

Valus Cottage.esp

Data/Meshes/Red/Valus

Data/Textures/Red/Valus

Data/Sound/Fx/JDFan

== Changelog ==

v1.0 - Release 6/24/09

== Bugs/Incompatibilities ==

None Known

== Credits ==

-Darkrider - Without who's patient tutelage I would not be the modder I am today and for the custom Brandy included in this mod.

-Greenwarden - As always for her willingness to test my frankenstein creations and tasteful advice on decor.

-InsanitySorrow for tesing, cleaning and general cheering on of my house building obsession.

-Many MANY thanks to JDFan who saved my dream of a swinging bookshelf and for the fantastic "Throne" I wonder how many will actually find.

\== Resources Used ==

Hel Borne's Filled Bookshelf Resource

Xiamara's Sofas and Chairs set 1

Zimnel's More Sofas and Chair Sets

Merillia's Blue and White Porcelain

Kalikut's Cauldron Resource

Aisis' Anvil Style Furniture

Texians Static Water Mesh

Meo's Open book Statics and Globes

Garak's Booksets

EFG Tapestries

== Contact ==

Contact me on either TES Alliance or Bethsoft's Official Forums for prompt support.

== Permissions ==

As everything in my mod is either vanilla content or a resource you may do with it as you wish. If you use any resources from this mod, be sure to give credit in your readme to their authors.

Screens:

25374-1-1245872472.JPG

25374-4-1245872423.JPG

25374-3-1245872423.JPG

25374-1-1245872423.JPG

25374-2-1245872391.JPG

25374-5-1245872356.JPG

Wow...just...wow. Very nice, good job all. You`ve provided me my dream blade, and judging by the detail this an authentic, folded, master`s Katana. I`m all choked up...thank you WhoGuru.  :D   :wicket:  :pints:

Well thank you very much Donnato!   :pints:  

Much as I'd like to take credit, the Sword though is a vanilla Akaviri Longsword. I simply changed it's name and bumped up it's stats a little.   aa_tongue.gif  Glad you're enjoying it though!

Really, the scalloping along the edge that comes out on my screen is very close to the fold marks found on all authentic blades that underwent the tedious and time consuming ( read exhausting ) process, post heating, of hammering out the pig into a long strip then folding it back on itself. wash, rinse, repeat. There can be as many as a million layers. Actual blades made this way are almost indestructable and hold a "shaving" edge. They are priceless to collectors. I`ve had the pleasure of owning one such blade. It turned out to be a Japanese officer`s sword from the 18th century. Many years ago I had it appraised and in the process discovered that the family of the officer survived and, well...let`s just say I learned how important this sword was to them...long story short...I returned it. To sell such an item for my own gain became a knot in my heart. I have the memory of it, and now have a somewhat similar likeness in my new mountain resort that reminds me every time I see it. Sorry to run so long. Oh yeah...nice throne. LOL

Insanity Sorrow has created a Loading Screens Add on for Valus cottage. :) You can find it on the Nexus and PES download pages. Thank you so much IS!! :lol:

Here is the readme for the Loading Screens add on:

===========================================

Name: Vallus Cottage Loading Screens

Version: 1.0

Author: InsanitySorrow

Requirements: Vallus Cottage

==========

Description:

==========

This mod adds 6 loading screens to the game for Vallus Cottage, all screenshots that the loadscreens are based on were taken by me and only feature the mod, you will find nothing but the mod and original oblivion content in the screens.

The loadscreens are based on normal oblivion loading screens, they have been modified to not house text and to have more colour and more appealing look to them. They fit in great with the stock loading screens.

==========

Installation/.Un-Installation:

==========

To install extract the contents to your OblivionData directory and replace the Vallus Cottage.esp with the new one in this archive.

To remove, replace this esp with the stock vallus esp or remove the files from your Oblivion Folder, there is only 6 files to remove.

==========

Credits:

==========

WhoGuru - If it wasn't for her talents with house mods then I would not have made these loading screens to accompany it.

Darkbirdy - Loading Screen Design Kit, a great thank you and a bonus this resource was. Truly thankful

==========

Usage:

==========

I do not see a reason why these would want to be used, but if I don't state then someone is bound to ask :lmao:, Use them as you wish, just remember that they are based on this mod, so would not really benefit any other mod.

Thanks, glad to be back. You're on you're 4th mod already? Man I'm slow. Have you ever considered trying a small worldspace. Would give you more options to play around with and I'd love to see what you do with it.

Course if you're short of ideas I could suggest a small valley completely inclosed by cliffs, a watterfall at one end feeding a nice lake with a subteranian exit at the other end of the valley. Oh and enough strategicly placed ruins to suggest a town stood here 1000 years ago, with one beutiful home still standing due to magical protection. :pints: Oh well it was worth asking.

WT

Yeah just saw that when I stumbled over to the ORP  thread. I'm always full of good ideas that are a little bit late.  aa_biggrin.gif  Looks like an excellent project, something the game could really use.

That little valley scene is one of the last details I have to work out before my little mod hits beta RLZ, course at the speed I work it'll probably be 6 monthes yet. :pints:  Should be a fun couple of hours though, at least for people who quicksave often.  aa_punch.gif  :wave:

WT