DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

HELP! - General Q & A

InsanitySorrow

Does anyone know what any of these flags in Combat Style do?

The Wiki doesn't even mention them. :salute:

Will Yield (I've never seen yield behavior, does it work in OB?)

Ignores Allies in Area (I think Goblin Shamans us this)

Melee Alert OK

Do Not Aquire

issue with AI:

I have multiple NPC's using the aaaSleep22x8 Package.

Each NPC has their own bed, but 2 couples, the 2 girls and the married couple.

None of them go to bed at all.

for the 2 girls, they have a Faction of their own, CHotWGood, I have on the bed ownership set with Faction: CHotWGood.

for the married couple, its the same, but their own faction of CHotWMarriedCouple, and the bed ownership is set as Faction: CHotWMarriedCouple

The other 3 NPC's the bed ownership is in their name.

The only other AI package they have is a wander anytime, which is a custom package made of a dog, but this shouldn't cause any other issues.

The only thing they do is Wander, and never sleep.

I don't have any other packages.

Have any clue about this?

Is the Wander package before the sleep package in their list?

Yes, in all 6 NPC's

When you created the AI package did you set the location of where the NPCs will sleep?

The sleep package is vanilla, I didn't make it myself.

EDIT:

the package shows:

Near Editor Location with 0-Radius

The sleep package is vanilla, I didn't make it myself.

Well theck the condition tab in their AI and make sure it's set to the cell you want them to sleep in. Also Joben has a valid point, make sure the sleep package is above your wander package. Package placement is important for example it should go:

Eat

Sleep

Wander

If you are making a shop NPC for example it's:

Services

Eat

Sleep

Wander

Thanks to the WillieSea, I know that two of my questions from this post are based on NPCs AI, not scripting. Because of that, I'll continue my asking here. XD

1. I wish to create some NPCs, which will be the "live background", same as civilians from Megaton in F3. I.e. you can't start conversation with them after activation, but only get a single comment, taken randomly from HELLO, GREETING and Rumors. How to make such script?

This question is still actual. How to force NPCs to doing that?

3. It's probably not a script question at all, but: what is the easiest way to prevent NPC from starting combat with anyone (such NPC should just stand in one place and keep looking on the fighting persons)?

They said that the low number of Aggression and Responsibility may do the trick, but I just want to be completely sure: I have ONE specific NPC, which destiny is to stand in specific places most of the time and only say his HELLO to player if he'll get near of him. I've noticed that the Haskill from SI and The Night Mother from DB never says anything while someone is fighting and never starts the combat. They're both immune from combat due to ghost variable, but that only prevents others from hitting them (at least as I understand). My NPC is also going to get this variable. Now I only wish to know that how to completely prevent him from starting combat or talking anything while someone is fighting. Probably it may be done since he has his own race without many dialogue options, but I ask just in case.

EDIT: Huh, I've just learned that ghost state actually prevents NPC from starting combat. Oh well, then probably this question is no longer actual.

Edited by ZuTheSkunk

This question is still actual. How to force NPCs to doing that?

So you want to give an NPC dialogue and have them randomly pick a line from a set of options?, Well that's easy enough but would take a bit of explaining, possibly even a workshop.

*SNIP*

That's problably the easiest way of doing it, look at the setup of the nightmother ect and copy it, I think that'll definately be the easiest for you.

• 1 month later...
So you want to give an NPC dialogue and have them randomly pick a line from a set of options?, Well that's easy enough but would take a bit of explaining, possibly even a workshop.

Hmm, I've been thinking about it lately and I think I've figured it out for my own. ;) It would be something like this:

short Random

Begin OnActivate

if ( IsActionRef player == 1 )

set Random to getrandompercent

if ( Random < 33 )

SayTo Player HELLO 1

elseif ( Random >= 33 && Random < 66 )

SayTo Player GREETING 1

elseif ( Random >= 66 )

SayTo Player RUMORS 1

endif

endif

End

So it's rather scripting thing than AI.

------------------------

And now, I'm coming with my new question. I wish to add new AI packages for some NPC via script, and since it should be his new daily behaviour, those packages should overwrite his previous ones. How to perform that?

There is not even a need for that, as long as they don't have any packages that will cause them to travel or wander then they will stay in place.

Well, this is what I thought, so perhaps I have another problem. After placing my NPC in a certain spot beside the bar in the CS where I want him to stay, I go in game and he's already moved to in front of the bar. I noticed this during placement in the class as well, I placed my NPC in the living room area and when I went in game he was in the bedroom. A short distance but very noticeable.

So, I'll try the other suggestions. Couldn't hurt, right? Thanks all! :)

My Arlowe stayed right where i put him, but i may try the X marker i am working on an NPC package that has guards by a gate and the simplest thing would be to have them stay by the gate... but eventually i want to let them go sleep and eat so i will prob have to do a package with schedule. ....not sure yet.

Using an Xmarker is rather easy, in WhoGuru's Wellspring Vale for example there are market stalls with outside vendors. To get the Vendors to only off their services at the stalls I placed Xmarkers and gace them references (Presistant). In the location tab of the Services AI package I told them which cell they should be in and they by which reference, which was the Xmarker.

It's more simple than it sounds :)

Can you set their prsence in the Cell at the X on a schedule? so we could have them come and go...so they are not standing there at night when they should be in bed? I hate to make my guards stand there 24/7 even tho they are virtual i want to be nice to them :)

Edited by CrisG9

Can you set their prsence in the Cell at the X on a schedule? so we could have them come and go...so they are not standing there at night when they should be in bed? I hate to make my guards stand there 24/7 even tho they are virtual i want to be nice to them :)

As we done in class 2, set the time you want the package to start and then the duration. The guard will only stand there for the duration of the package.

• 2 weeks later...

I have three NPCs that are supposed to be endlessly wandering between some specified points (namely XMarkers with unique REFs). Two of them should be walking only between two points, while third one must be wandering between three (A->B, B->C, C->A). To specify, "wandering" means getting to the one point, then after reaching him starting to get to the other, and doing so forever. Now how to force them into performing such endless wandering? I've tried script solution, but it seems to not always working, so I guess there's need of more AI specific solution.