DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Beta][Wip] Imperial City Pack

RedBag

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imperial City Pack Beta 0.95

Screenshots: Waterfront, Top of the Tower, Propylaea, Talos Plaza, Temple, Prison, Market, Towers, Elven Gardens, Forum, Arena Crowd, Gladiators, Arcane Lights, Arboretum Statues ...

Shortly:

The point of this mod is to make Imperial City more alive, more glorious, and more interesting. This mod differs from other similiar mods in style and purpose. It overhauls Imperial City into what it should be like, not what i would personally like it to be. The vanilla charm of the city is preserved, so the player would experience IC like in vanilla, only better. In the complete release, the mod will overhaul every district in IC, add a lot of new houses, and also overhaul the Waterfront and Imperial Isle.

Features:

-Lore-friendly

-Every district pimped

-Only vanilla resources used

-71 new NPCs

-Around 50 new houses in Waterfront + others

Of that 70 NPCs, there will be

-32 new market vendors

-20 new gladiators

-19 new prisoners (6 new cells in IC prison)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log

Spring 2008 - Started modding

20 October 2008 - Bethesda post

21 February 2009 - Beta released

26 April 2009 - Second beta released

29 May 2009 - Third beta released

Author, Credits

Author: Red.Bag (originally without that dot), Thanks to: contributors to CS Wiki and spligitMoose for his inspiring Street Vendors. If you wish to do anything with my mod (upload to a site, sell, kill kittens ...) you must first consult with me via mat579Red@gmail.com email.

Resources used: More Bodily Functions by Phaedra, Ambient Town Sounds by Lendrik, RavenWear by InoZenosis, Gallow Modders Resource by Phitt. Thanks to everyone for making those resources and letting me use them.

FAQ

-Q: Is this mod going to be modular?

A: No. The district are connected with NPCs. The connection, which makes life of every NPC far more dynamic, for a cost of making it impossible to modularize.

-Q: Is this mod compatible with Better Cities, ImpeREAL City ...?

A: No. And there is not going to be compatibility patch, because these mods are completely different.

-Q: Are there going to be compatibility patches (UL - Imperial Isle)?

A: No, i'll overhaul Imperial Isle myself. There will be no compatibility patces or different versions of my mod before the final release.

-Q: Is there a FPS hit?

A: Yes. The biggest fps hit is in the Market District and Waterfront. I think it isn't bigger than 15 FPS in the worst scenario. Depends on a system, really.

-Q: When it is going to be finished / next beta release?

A: I hope i'll finish it in summer 09. Next beta release is coming in a week or so.

NOTE!

-The screenshots also include some other mods, sutch as QTP3R, Real Size Rats, Subtle Sunhine, Natural Enviroments, Enhanced Water, and maybe some others also.

-Recommended mods are Extended Imperial City, many NPCs from screenshots are from that mod. It is essential if you want to experience all the features of my mod. Also, get Ambient Town Sounds (Edited), for actually hearing the crowd.

-The screenshot are always outdated, as this mod is changing fast. Look for the last posts for the most current screenshots.

-You'll need my Items Repriced, or some of the vendors won't sell anything. To experience the full lighning enhancement, set your fLightLOD1 to a highetr value in your ini file.

-Features market with "*" are not included in the current release, but will be included in the future releases.

-Do not rate this mod badly because of the bugs! This mod is beta, under construction, so i know there are bugs. Do not send me bug reports! Also, it is not the same of a mod that adds 1 interior have a floating object, and if a giant mod like mine has a floating object.

-Please download, comment, post, and share your ideas about this mod!

Would you like to help?

If you are skilled with interiors and you would like to see this mod finished, just PM or mail me. I'll tell you what do i need, you'll make a specific interior, and i'll merge it into my mod.

DOWNLOAD: TES Nexus or PES

This is exactly the kind of Imperial City rehaul I am looking for. It is most beautiful and actually feels alive, in comparison to the ghost town that is Cyrodiil's capital. Thanks for doing this!

A question : Are you building new interiors for White Gold Tower? Such as the Emperor's bedroom, his sons' bedrooms, kitchen, etc.

@WhoGuru, you would? Well, it's an honor, since Imperial Isle is quite a mod. Thanks fot the post :lmao:

@Cliffworms, thank you. I gave it a thought, but decided to leave that for now. Concerning the Tower, i am planning to have more counselors in the Elder Council Chambers in the final realease.

I am almost 100% finished with landscaping. That means i can focus on the interiors for those 90 new houses, making NPCs for them, and connect the whole IC social system together.

New beta, hurray! It's 0.95 now.

The Imperial Isle is improved. There are new housing sections added around IC, connected with a road around the city's wall. Some extra walls are added too. Outside of Elven Gardens, there is a thermae park. There are also many other upgrades that i don't remember right now, but i don't have to remember them, because i'm a modder.

Fiore1300 did make 2 new interiors, check them out in new district outside the Arena, and praise his awesomeness.