DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPZ][RELZ] VOILA - Voices Of Imperial Legion Amalgamated

Section_31

V.O.I.L.A

(Voices Of Imperial Legion Amalgamated)

Version : 0.7

By Section 31

Exclusive first release on TES Alliance!

============================

"Tremble now, criminals of Cyrodiil!"

• Have you ever wondered why the Imperial Legion soldiers you met on the roads, taverns, and wilderness consisted of endless wave of Cyrodiils?
  • Are you amused by the fact that you can still talk casually to Captain Burd while the whole Burma guards are going after you?
  • Or perhaps why those burly Nord captains never apprehend you for committing crime right under their noses?
  • Have you ever noticed the heavy-handed Breton Cheydinhal captain would not arrest you for pickpocketing his money right in front of him?
  • Are you bothered by the fact that non-Imperial guards added to the game would rush to you after you stole something, only to ask "How can I help you?" ?

Regardless of your answer, VOILA aimed to give solutions to the aforementioned problems. No longer will Captain Burd or those Altmer members of Imperial Legion added by some-other-modification let criminals get away with bounty on their head. Tremble now, criminals of Cyrodiil!

What is it all about?

The main purpose of this plugin is simple, it enables non-Imperial and non-beast races guards -particularly the Legion members- to truly behave like their Cyrodiilic counterparts.

Imperial Legion soldiers are the main emphasis, but ordinary town guards are not set aside. Breton, Elf, Nord, and Redguard have their own unique responses. In addition, they have new greetings, rumors (after the Oblivion crisis ended), and guard-to-guard conversations. On top of those, the new dialogues have voices. The voices came from the original game and have been modified and amalgamated to create "natural speeches", these are possible thanks to a wonderful tool called ODDC. The result is conversations that blend seamlessly into the game.

Since version 0.7, VOILA is featuring a brand new squad system. No longer the Imperial Legion mounted (riders) and foot-soldiers patrol the roads of Imperial Province alone and endlessly at short distances. They will now patrol the roads in at least a group of three, and will take a rest break at certain hours. Some squads have battlemage with ability to heal injured squad members.

Where can I download it?

Exclusive first release on TES Alliance. Download it here!

VOILA was created particularly as a complement to Improved Imperial Infrastructure (III) plugin which I created, which includes border guards. At first, I considered making III with its own additional voices and guard behaviours. But then I decided it would be best to separate these for compatibility reason.

For more variety of Imperial Legion soldiers, you might also want to try "ImpeREAL Empire - Unique Forts" plugin by SilentResident.

Special thanks section

• Fawzib Rojas - creator of Oblivion Dynamic Dialog Creation.
  • HawkFest - creator of CS-OBSE Syntax Highlighter plugin for Notepad++
  • Creator(s) of Construction Set dialog creation movie.
  • Notepad++ creators and contributors.
  • Audacity creators and contributors.

File downloaded!

Congrats on the release and thanks for doing the mod.

I do remember hearing Imperial Guard sound files recorded by the other races while browsing through them. It's excellent that this feature has returned.

The lore says that Orcs are the finest soldiers to put on the front line, yet they are not present in the Imperial Legion of Cyrodiil. aa_tongue.gif

Updated to version 0.5.1 :

• A new Orc legionnaire and Orc's response for resisting
  • New AI packages for each non-Cyrodiilic legionnaire, they patrol the roads and stop at various inns throughout the province at specific day.

Thanks! And Cliffworms, actually Orc was added in this version. You have to download the new version to see one aa_tongue.gif

Updated to version 0.5.7 :

• Guards react properly if you are caught without enough money to pay the fine
  • New method to modify three original guard captains for better compatibility
  • Nord legionnaire's fixed original power attack and new guard-to-guard conversations
  • Seven new non-Cyrodiil legionnaires; three patrolling near the Jerall Mountains and four close to Fort Sutch.

I would like to highlight the latest point here, if you have never assisted the Imperial Legion near Fort Sutch , you shall know what it's like to be among the multi-races Imperial Legion on battle :P

• 5 months later...

New version is released!

Version 0.7 features:

• Squad (company) system for both existing and new Imperial Legion soldiers:
    + Battlemage, heal injured squad members
    + Captain, all squads are led by a "captain" or squad leader; squad with over three members replace its captain whenever the captain dies
    + Rest break, squads do not patrol the roads at all hours; at certain hours squads visited nearby taverns.
  • Revamped A.I routines for all original Imperial Legion riders, with some riders incorporated into existing patrol squads while others formed entirely new squad exclusively composed of riders (cavalry)
  • Over a dozen new Imperial Legion soldiers of various races patrolling the streets of Cyrodiil province
  • Several new Imperial Legion foresters with dogs companion
  • Viera Lerus (Bravil Guard Captain) now becomes a proper guard and can apprehend law-breakers

Curious about the new features? In case you missed a little story about a group of Imperial Legion Foresters, here it is:

Somewhere on the western part of Imperial province, a group of Imperial Legion Foresters were collecting ingredients. The Bosmer on the front was going to take a meat from a deer recently struck by an arrow, while his Imperial counterpart behind was collecting flowers. The Bosmer was also accompanied by a dog and another Bosmer. Not too long after, they noticed something in the vicinity...it's a Spriggan! And the cursed beast was summoning a bear! Immediately, without any hesitation they engaged the hostile creatures. Imagine the Bosmer shout "Take care of the Spriggan, pals! I'll lure the bear!"