DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Clocks for My Houses

WillieSea

I have this mod that is like 98% done. But I just cant get myself enthused to finish it up and release it since I mod for FO3 now.

It has some issues with the dialogue where I think it needs some silent sound files.

It also needs to be fully tested.

And I 'think' I have all the house clocks set that are purchasable, but that would need to be verified.

Basically, it just need a good looking over and finish up.

You can check this thread on the bethsoft forum if you want to know more about it and see the many pictures I have about it. Check the first post.

Anyone interested in taking this on? I hate to see it just die when so many people really wanted it.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=906383

I would like somebody with some experience. And it will remain 'my' mod, but with special thanks to the one who can just finish it up. There probably is not that much left to do on it. But it is a complicated mod so I would require that you know your way around the CS.

ClocksForMyHousesBeta.7z

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back, Will!

I believe I would have enough free time next week and the week after to test/finish it.

The only hiccup is that I'm still a very, very basic scripter. So if complex scripts need to be finished, I wouldn't be able to help.

But if it's a matter of finishing up the quest structures, dialogue, interior designs, etc., I'd be more than happy to do this for you.

About the silent dialogue, a suggestion. You could ask the players to get Elys Universal Silent Voice...it would save a lot of time and a lot of used space by the silent voice files.

I do remember your mod, too. I saw it not long after I download your city clocks, so I was hyped when I saw Clocks for My Houses. :wizard:

As such, it would be my pleasure to perform the last "touch-ups". :salute:

Cliff

You know, (well, maybe you don't) its been so long since I opened the mod up, I dont really know what is not done or is done.

I do know I had found some issue with the dialog going by too fast on one or two of the speeches, meaning the silent files were missing for it. I never made the dialog, LingWei made that and the quests for me. I am lame with quests and dialog! LOL

The scripts should all be done, and if not, I could help with them. And the readme file would have to be made, one that covers the many quests in the mod. I was going to just release it as is, broken and all, but thought that would be cheating the community as a whole of the work.

It really was some fantastic work, at least I thought so. Worthy of a WillieSea mod! :wizard:

I will try to get it all packaged up this weekend. That way, everybody 'here' at the TES Alliance could have a crack at it first hand. I would not be opposed to making it a TES Alliance only mod if that was 'wanted' by the Admins. Its big, several megabytes, and I am not sure how that would go over with bandwidth costs here! I am sure it would get a lot of downloads. I know Clocks of Cyrodiil is up to 71+ thousand downloads.

• 1 month later...

Okay, lets see, dig up some old memories on this mod...

I Think it only needs vanilla Oblivion...

Well, I can take a look. If it is indeed just vanilla, I can do the dialogue fix. :D

[EDIT] So far looks pretty complete. Looks like the lines all have silent MP3s but no lip synching. I'll run a BETA test and see how it's running :rofl:

Started BETA testing, I'm going to fix the bumps I find if possible, then post a report when done so until I finish tweaking, others may want to hold off on CS work so we don't fix it twice. :D

If someone wants to help test and report issues I'd be happy to keep tweaking them so long as my skills and time allow. A chance to help Will a bit is a welcome opportunity here, gods know he's helped me! :rofl:

It's my pleasure WillieSea. I do hope my findings will pass muster and render some assistance.

Right then, everything I saw/encountered and died for was simply fantastic (in true WillieSea fashion)! The traps were to die for, again and again and again. The clocks are astounding and wonderfully done. I encountered no problems with quests and/or purchases other than my very own blindness and/or stupidity with exception to what I've noted below.

My character is level 32 and not very high in the personality department. This character currently owns all vanilla houses with the exception being Chorrol.

- The "activator" Welkynd stones are misspelt as "welkyd" (Editor ID: WorldObjects/Activator: HSWelkydCollision)

- I have no options available to purchase anything for the IC Shack (I own it and have it furnished). (Script [HSClockSalesOfficeScript *]perhaps? )

- The front door on the Clockworks has no open/close sound.

Repossess a clock Quest

- All of Jenny's dialog zips by – no silent voice or lip sync

- The 3 gears each of A100 (xx016E6A), A112 (xx016E70) as well as the Box of clockworks never gets removed from inventory and is stuck because they're a quest item.

- Secret wall flickers just inside opening (I'll get the more specific architecture piece names and places where I saw the "overlapping/flashing" textures).

Table Top Clock Quest

- 5 gears do not get removed from inventory and stuck as quest items.

Hostile Take Over Quest

- Seems just a bit odd for Damion to speak about himself in 3rd person. (Damion says, "only Damion has those...") More aesthetic than anything else.

Minotaur Head

- I'm currently running into a repeatable CTD whilst directly in front of Duval Farm. If I somehow manage to get inside the building I am trapped inside by a guaranteed CTD whilst trying to leave. My load order is not too small, so I shall spend some time trying to find out what's happening. It wasn't the obvious suspects, so I'll need to dig around a fair bit more.

I need to check the above problem, why I am not offered anything for the IC shack and try to find a way to enlighten Miss Stuck-up into selling me the Chorrol house (right now she don't like me too much! LOL). I will report back when I find more out about these items.

However, I did want to share my findings so far and give the opportunity for constructive criticism on my reporting style. I know there are different styles of reporting and different wants and/or expectations, so please do share yours. :thumbup:

Edited by DarkRider
Checking things off as I fix them!

Fast dialogue I have fixed, also the open close door sounds, and Damion's (I think that's the one) his disposition was set too high on his dialogue, in my game (clean vanilla, post MQ) his disposition was maxed at 73 but was set to be 75 before dialogue would launch, so I set that a bit lower, not much. :D

You found some goodies though, I think all should be easily tweakable, I'll see if I can't get some done tomorrow during my free time. If you encounter anymore lilith do post back! Once I've fixed what you found, would you mind taking another run through to look for more? :)

Oh, do let me know if you find a conflict responsible for the CTD issue ;)

I thought some of the things I mentioned might have been fixed already (fast dialog), but I usually mention everything I notice (easier to keep track that way). I apologize that I've not had time to look into the CTD yet, I've been working on some other things. However, I'll get to it right away. I did try one test with no mods and I still CTD'd, but it was the lazy mans way of checking so I'll get doin' it right. I was hoping it was something easy, but meh, I don't own a lucky amulet.

And yes, of course I'll do another run through. :D

Edit: Brand new character, fresh out of the sewers, no CTD at the Duvall Farm. Definitely a conflict somewhere, I'll have to dig around with TES4Edit to see what I find. I'll report again on what I find. I'll try and get to this today. I still also need to check on the IC Shack problem and I need to convince Ms. Prissy to sell me the house in Chorrol.

One conflict and as it would be obvious, is with Better Benirus Manor. I'm removing it from this characters game so I can go see how the clocks are supposed to look.

Edit 2: I "think" I've narrowed down the CTD at Duval. I searched through everything in TES4Edit for conflicts, there were none which would cause a CTD. I began removing mods one by one, until none remained. CTD. The difference between this character and my test character is the door at the farmhouse.

My test character encounters a locked door which needs a key, but yet in the CS Editor it is locked, needs a key and no key is listed. This leads me to believe the "unlocking" is controlled by a script. The character with the guaranteed CTD made it in the farm house once, it was not locked for him - he walked straight in. He also would be far enough along for the scripted to have "fired" (unlocked the door).

The problem for me now is, I don't know squat about scripts. Well, I do, but not enough for this case I'm afraid.

I'll let you know Will, she's your baby after all! :D

@Lilith- Okay I think I resolved the issue with the door not unlocking, it was connected to a result script on a quest stage and I don't think it was updating properly. It'll need to be tested to be sure though.

The IC Waterfront house gets the clock after the Minotaur quest is complete, were you able to complete the minotaur quest with the CTD issues? :question:

Also, any luck tracking the piece ID of the secret wall that's flickering? I've looked at all the walls I could find and haven't found any flickering ones. If you can give me a general location (cell/landmarks) I can probably track it down then. :D

Last thing, could you PM me the name of the 5 quest items from the Table Top Clock Quest that are stuck in the inventory?

I'll let you know Will, she's your baby after all! :D

@Lilith- Okay I think a resolved the issue with the door not unlocking, it was connected to a result script on a quest stage and I don't think it was updating properly. It'll need to be tested.

The IC Waterfront house gets the clock after the Minotaur quest, were you able to complete the minotaur quest with the CTD issues? :question:

Also, any luck tracking the piece ID of the secret wall that's flickering? I've looked at all the walls I could find and haven't found any flickering ones. If you can give me a general location (cell/landmarks) I can probably track it down then. :D

Oh, I didn't know that... About the IC/Minotaur connection. I'm doing this "blind" so to speak and find out what I get as I go through. So, no I can't progress with the Minotaur quest(I'll be glad to test whatever you've got there!) in order to get the IC clock. Phew!

It seems though I've run into another little problem. Shady Sam doesn't seem to have any hammers for the Dragon Quest. (Chorrol house). I think I'll go wait for a few hours or a day somewhere else and come back to see if he's got them then. I'm not too keen on just giving them to myself until I've tried everything else. Otherwise, everything else has been progressing fine in that quest so far. (Just a notation: Jenny's text zips by on this one too.) I also found a couple of spelling errors in a quest update. I'll dig up the specific info on that. *Shady Sam fixed now, I think, but not in that version I uploaded.

The flickering spot doesn't look like anything is amiss in the CS Editor. But it is 'ARSecretTunnel01' (00053E6D) in 'HSSilornSouth'. Landmark? Hrm, ok. It's in the big room with the brown coffins going along the walls. It's in the room where there are the large floor traps, this particular one is where you have to darn near kill yourself to get a key. rofl! That containers' ID is 'HSAlyiedChest04' 0101388B The section of wall is close by that chest.

The particular piece I noticed in game says its position is:

x -3424.0000

y -1760.0000

z 4368.0000

I'm hoping this helps? But if you didn't see anything glaring and I don't either, maybe not worry about it unless someone notices?

Edit: Here's the text referred to above:

I gave Ol' Percival in Skingraad (Skingrad) 200 gold and he told me how to get the firestones. I need a Firestone Amulet from the Red Diamond Jewelry in tha (the) Market District. At least three Firestone Hammers from Shady Sam who lurks outside the walls of the Imperial city. The cavern is in the Frostfire Glade. S'drassa in tha (the) Leyawiin Mages guild knows how to find it. Once I have all this, I should retrieve the firestones from the cavern.

HSLingDragonQuest Quest stage 20 log entry

Oh drat, I knew I forgot something. But it's all good :P

I went and checked on all of the clocks I've purchased to see how they look in the houses and they look great! Anvil checks out just fine after I removed Better Benirus manor. So I've got Bruma, Bravil, Cheydinal, Skingrad, Anvil, and why am I pausing at Leyawiin? Not sure, I'll double check it though. I'm working on getting Chorrol and IC Shack.

Edited by DarkRider
Crossing off more fixes!

Found the spot you detected some flickering. Nothing stands out as amiss there, looks like William's typically flawless grid build. I'll have a peek in game see if I can spot it, could be structural flaw, there are some pieces from the vanilla game that flicker oddly, not meant to be illuminated well. We probably don't have to worry about this one too much though. :question: