DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oblivion Tool Kit Beta

InsanitySorrow

Testers Needed

Additional Help:

ShadeMe (Code help)

DarkOneVenzar (Code additions)

Ok so as most would have seen I was working on a tool no too long ago, well I stopped working on it. But..I have been secretly working on a successor to that tool and would like a couple willing testers to give it the once over :D

Requirements: .Net Framework 2.0

Details: The tool is not one tool but rather a collection of easy to use tools which I think will be nice to have. Its not a complex tool and does not need installing so you won't find any Bash features here :)

The tester(s) are asked to give it a run through and test the options available and report back if something does not work as expected or if they just have general ideas for additions/improvements.

What it offers:

• App launching - (Supports: Oblivion, Oblivion with OBSE, CS, CS with OBSE and OBMM, NifSkope as of Beta 2)
  • Mod Database - [An improved version of the old one, far better and not buggy)
  • Generate Mod List - Generates your current list of active mods
  • Generate ReadMe - Customized ReadMe generator thats simple to use and effective.
  • INI Functions - Edit [Opens in Notepad etc], Backup and Restore Backed up, Oblivion INI, Beta 2 offers INI tweaks

Plus more and more on a daily basis :P

Download: RC1 is private beta, soon version 1 will be released.

Screenshots:

Updated Screens coming soon....

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay first off I think it's a minor annoyance that if set to launch the CS it shuts down Oblivion Tool Kit but maybe that's just me aa_tongue.gif

Further it might be more user friendly instead of both Launch Oblivion and Launch Oblivion (OBSE) to simply have one that checks whether OBSE is present?

I did find a bug plus something I kind of wonder about but apart from that everything works like a charm. The bug is that when I press Generate Mod List I have to press it twice for it to have any effect. Wondering about it I tried multiple times with the same result. I think it's only occasionally though.

Now the Mod Database? :ninja: How's it supposed to work XD Just it doesn't work here AT ALL :) For most of the buttons it just gives me an error box :clap:

Ah and just for future reference I'm running Windows 7 RC aa_tongue.gif

Okay first off I think it's a minor annoyance that if set to launch the CS it shuts down Oblivion Tool Kit but maybe that's just me aa_tongue.gif

Further it might be more user friendly instead of both Launch Oblivion and Launch Oblivion (OBSE) to simply have one that checks whether OBSE is present?

I did find a bug plus something I kind of wonder about but apart from that everything works like a charm. The bug is that when I press Generate Mod List I have to press it twice for it to have any effect. Wondering about it I tried multiple times with the same result. I think it's only occasionally though.

Now the Mod Database? XD How's it supposed to work XD Just it doesn't work here AT ALL :ninja: For most of the buttons it just gives me a warning box :)

Ah and just for future reference I'm running Windows 7 RC aa_tongue.gif

1) I can change that if you wish for it

2) What if the user has OBSE installed but does not need it or want it to be launched?

3) Could be the amount of mods you have in your Data Directory, currently looking into only pulling the active mods

4) It works, when I am not so stupid and give you the damn database :clap:

I will upload the database to so you can use it.

Edit: Uploaded the database, so download when testing the mod database

I am getting server timeouts on the download? Is it really being reluctant, or is my connection being stupid again?

You seem to be the only one, works fine for me, though it could just be a 4shared issue.

I can't offer to test right now, but its simple, which is a good thing!

Yes simple, the aim was to provide some of the tools people want in an easy to use app. Though becuase it is a simple app there are no Bash style functions, though I did not aim for anything like that.

You seem to be the only one, works fine for me, though it could just be a 4shared issue.

Yes simple, the aim was to provide some of the tools people want in an easy to use app. Though becuase it is a simple app there are no Bash style functions, though I did not aim for anything like that.

I am having issues down loading Framework. I get into the set up then get a set up error

I am getting server timeouts on the download? Is it really being reluctant, or is my connection being stupid again?

Are you using firefox? when I tried downloading with firefox it frooze on me but IE worked great.

And here is what I found while testing:

1) You shouldn't close Oblivion Tool Kit when the user opens the CS, or OBMM. It's kinda annoying when you still want to use it. If the user wants it closed they can just click close.

2) When the user generates a readme or a mod list it should open the .txt file. It took me a while to find the file once it generated...

3) Ok, a problem I noticed. If the user where to create a backup ini and then delete it then they would have no way of creating a backup file again since the button is grayed out.

4) Now the mod database... this is really messed up bb_lmao.gif I'm not even sure how to use it. No matter what I do whenever I click open it only opens the mods in the Houses catagory. Once I do when I click open again it says "The connection was not closed. The connection's current state is open." whatever that means. Edit does not work at all, even when I select a mod it still gives me the same "The connection was not closed. The connection's current state is open." New does not work as well and gives the same error message. Delete is also not working. Details actually does work. Clear works fine. But why is the detail junk editable? Isn't that supposed to detail what the mod is? And if so why do you even have a details button? Ok Search is completely useless as well. I think it is because it is not opening the mod database and it stays forever empty. Also the about button in the search feature does not work.

5) The directory section isn't editable. I'm guessing it's because you just havn't got to it like the save manager?

6) A cool feature to add would be to launch Wrye Bash too. And maybe TESGecko and TESEdit. OR even better, but idk if it would be possible would be to let the user add in their own launch buttons for things like NifSkope, Blender, DDS converter, GIMP, etc.

7) It would be great if you could choose if your mod list could be ordered my load order instead of alphabetical too.

ok lots of problems but I like the tool. It will hopefully unclutter my desktop aa_biggrin.gif

Are you using firefox? when I tried downloading with firefox it frooze on me but IE worked great.

And here is what I found while testing:

1) You shouldn't close Oblivion Tool Kit when the user opens the CS, or OBMM. It's kinda annoying when you still want to use it. If the user wants it closed they can just click close.

2) When the user generates a readme or a mod list it should open the .txt file. It took me a while to find the file once it generated...

3) Ok, a problem I noticed. If the user where to create a backup ini and then delete it then they would have no way of creating a backup file again since the button is grayed out.

4) Now the mod database... this is really messed up bb_lmao.gif I'm not even sure how to use it. No matter what I do whenever I click open it only opens the mods in the Houses catagory. Once I do when I click open again it says "The connection was not closed. The connection's current state is open." whatever that means. Edit does not work at all, even when I select a mod it still gives me the same "The connection was not closed. The connection's current state is open." New does not work as well and gives the same error message. Delete is also not working. Details actually does work. Clear works fine. But why is the detail junk editable? Isn't that supposed to detail what the mod is? And if so why do you even have a details button? Ok Search is completely useless as well. I think it is because it is not opening the mod database and it stays forever empty. Also the about button in the search feature does not work.

5) The directory section isn't editable. I'm guessing it's because you just havn't got to it like the save manager?

6) A cool feature to add would be to launch Wrye Bash too. And maybe TESGecko and TESEdit. OR even better, but idk if it would be possible would be to let the user add in their own launch buttons for things like NifSkope, Blender, DDS converter, GIMP, etc.

7) It would be great if you could choose if your mod list could be ordered my load order instead of alphabetical too.

ok lots of problems but I like the tool. It will hopefully unclutter my desktop aa_biggrin.gif

1) I have fixed that issue already, though closing it does save a small amount of memory usage.

2) ReadMe gets placed in the exact same place you have the App.exe, so there is no need to go looking uness you done something daft

3) I will fix that aa_biggrin.gif

4) Database works for me, what you need to do is open the database, if it gives you that error it means its still reading fomr the database so it cannot re-read it. Just launch the search button and go back, it will close the connection for you.

The reason for this is that the tool needs to keep a connection to the database to be able to read it, so if you click the button again it displays a message becuase it is already connected and cannot disconnect and then re-connect for you.

Also once you have opened the database, enter an ID into the ID box and it will fill all other boxes with info, you can then freely select a mod from the table and it will do the same.

5) Yes anything grey'd out has not been implemented yet.

6) Methinks Wrye Bash can be done, but the others are problably not possible with tons of coding.

7) Working on the mod list generator still, improvements are inbound.

Is it set up to Launch oblivion AND Obse? And..maybe..just maybe you can make a version that disables the Infered human interface device for laptop users..

You can launch Oblivion with or without OBSE, this inlcudes the same options for the CS too.

What is that device you mention?, I am a laptop user so please let me know aa_biggrin.gif

You can launch Oblivion with or without OBSE, this inlcudes the same options for the CS too.

What is that device you mention?, I am a laptop user so please let me know aa_biggrin.gif

In many MANY laptops there is a issue using the console.~ does not turn on the console. However turning off the human interface device allow its use. However sadly it reloads each time you restart. Below is the device as seen on my laptop.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/CyberDragonZeroX/picture009.jpg

In many MANY laptops there is a issue using the console.~ does not turn on the console. However turning off the human interface device allow its use. However sadly it reloads each time you restart. Below is the device as seen on my laptop.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/CyberDragonZeroX/picture009.jpg

So you want a simple way to kill the process?, hmmm can it be narrowed down to an .exe file running in the background. If so then it should be simple enough to "kill it".

So you want a simple way to kill the process?, hmmm can it be narrowed down to an .exe file running in the background. If so then it should be simple enough to "kill it".

You would have no idea how many people would eat up this program because of this. However You can not disable said device. You can only uninstall. (BUT DO NOT DELETE!)