DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQ] Modding help!

RedBag

Hi, i thought i'd make (another) thread for modding recruitment. I am making a quite large overhaul mod, Imperial City Pack.

How can you help?

Interior modders needed! Someone who could help me with a large number of interiors. You can also help with commenting and posting, or whatever you wish. I would especially need people with lots of ideas and constructive criticism, so i can improve.

Contact

If you are interested, send me an email (mat579Red@gmail.com), a PM, or post on the thread.

Can't help as I'm already spread too thin as well, but thought I would lend a bit of advice you may find useful. :dizzy:

A shortcut I have found useful on occasion is to duplicate existing interiors and just tweak them to be more unique. Firstly, when you have a lot of interior work to do it really cuts your workload because everything's already dropped in the set you just move a couple pieces of furniture search/replace some tapestries, delete a bit of clutter and voila you're done. Just cutting the searching and hand placing of everything saves a load of time. Second, most house interiors will never be seen by players, if they are not quest related the odds are extremely slim that anyone will see the hard work you've done, so in this case it's fine to cut corners.

Now, just for posterity, if you are making a simple house mod, this is not only impractical, it's just plain cheating. But in a largescale mod where house interiors number in the dozens, it's a handy time saver and can give a single modder the ability to cover a lot more ground when help is scarce. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice! I am really having problems finding help for my mod. The two help threads that i posted on Beth forums were left behind, containing only my two bumps per each thread. The people who do appear (that doesn't happen often) just vaporise after a few promises. There was only one guy who gave a few good ideas and actually made two interiors for me, but i haven't heard from him for a while now.

Anyway, i tried making it your way, and it's really helpful. I made a unique room in like a couple of minutes, thanks again!

No problem, glad you found it useful! :yes:

It is very hard to find help that lasts. In two years on my project there have only been a handful of really lasting helpers which I know was just a blessing. I've experienced my share of what you describe as well, and that is frustrating. Just keep your head about you and don't give up. You will get there. :drool: