DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Mannimagnus's Oblivion Questions

Mannimagnus

I want to know how to make a letter addressed to your characters in Oblivion, with your characters names, in Morrowind, if you put %pcname in a book/letter in the CS, in game that would be your characters name, here is an example from a letter Bethesda wrote for Morrowind:

[NOTE:Contains a spoiler for anyone not far in the Morrowind main questline.]

"Public Notice,

WELL-BELOVED PEOPLE OF MORROWIND!

TAKE HEED!

TAKE WARNING!

The outlaw named %PCName, stated trade of %PCClass, lately called 'Incarnate' and 'Nerevarine,' now is shown to the investigating Ordinators and Magistrates of this district to be an agent in the pay of the Imperial Intelligence Service. This outlaw's claims are false. The prophecies this outlaw cites are discredited. The dishonest character and base purposes of the outlaw in perpetrating this hoax are now made clear to all observers. %PCName is sought for various crimes by Ordinators and town guards. Report all encounters with this outlaw to the proper authorities. If you see this outlaw in public, give the alarm.

Published by the authority of the Temple, the Order of the Watch, Magistrates of Vvardenfel District, under the signature and authority of Grandmaster Berel Sala, Captain of the Watch. Hear and Heed!"

[Spoiler End.]

As you can see, it also has %pcclass, where ever %pcname is, your character name will be, I want to know what you do in Oblivion to achieve this, FO3 also has this feature.

Edited By InsanitySorrow - Manni always place spoiler content in

tags.

Okay, first, I've moved this question here because it's not hardware related. You may use this thread for all of your Oblivion modding questions. If you have questions NOT related to Oblivion modding, please post them as separate topics in their appropriate forums. :D

As to your question, it's my understanding that what you want to do it not possible in vanilla Oblivion, but may be possible with OBSE to a degree.

Okay, first, I've moved this question here because it's not hardware related. You may use this thread for all of your Oblivion modding questions. If you have questions NOT related to Oblivion modding, please post them as separate topics in their appropriate forums. :D

As to your question, it's my understanding that what you want to do it not possible in vanilla Oblivion, but may be possible with OBSE to a degree.

Ok i'll do that :rofl: , but its not possible?, darn it, well I have OBSE v16 so maybe.......

I wrote this for the Install Oblivion thread and should help you :)

OBSE Install

Extract the following files to your Oblivion Folder:

obse_1_2_416.dll
obse_editor_1_0.dll
obse_editor_1_2.dll
obse_loader[/code]

To run Oblivion with OBSE, run the obse_loader executable or create a shortcut for it.

To run the CS with OBSE, create a shortcut of the OBSE loader with the extension [b]-editor[/b], in the shortcut path that leads to the OBSE Loader.

Or as I have said, install it then get a dedicated app that can run it for you, OBSE Launcher, OBTK and OBMM can all launch it for you. That includes the CS as well.

I wrote this for the Install Oblivion thread and should help you :yes:

OBSE Install

Extract the following files to your Oblivion Folder:

obse_1_2_416.dll

obse_editor_1_0.dll

obse_editor_1_2.dll

obse_loader

To run Oblivion with OBSE, run the obse_loader executable or create a shortcut for it.

To run the CS with OBSE, create a shortcut of the OBSE loader with the extension -editor, in the shortcut path that leads to the OBSE Loader.

Or as I have said, install it then get a dedicated app that can run it for you, OBSE Launcher, OBTK and OBMM can all launch it for you. That includes the CS as well.

:) THANK YOU INSANITY SORROW!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is called Googly Eyes, it's a common load order error where more than one mod is overwriting eyes and you get that effect. Read these threads for info on sorting it:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=946846&hl=googly+eyes

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=998405&hl=googly+eyes

You need to deactivate your race/eye editing mods one at a time to find the culprit.