DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurkers Lair #24

Mannimagnus

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had it for PS3 because my PC before now would not run Fallout 3.

Also

IGN has a review on the Fallout 3 DLC. Never seen such a bad review on DLC before.

Hey look 1k posts...yay me

Colin's Take on the PS3 Version

Here we are, in the third and final week of Fallout 3 DLC releases on the PlayStation 3. And finally, we've gotten to the real heart of the DLC packs' greatness -- Point Lookout. Readers who have been following my comments on Erik's reviews for the DLC thusfar have no doubt been disheartened. After all, the DLC packs are all worth playing for Fallout 3 fans, but so far, on PlayStation 3, they've run like complete garbage. Rife with problems, some of these DLC packs have been barely-playable on a technical level, no matter how good they are underneath all of the issues.

Point Lookout, Bethesda's strongest DLC attempt with Fallout 3, is certainly worth your purchase. Indeed, if the level cap raise that comes with Broken Steel isn't important to you, and you were to only buy one DLC pack, Point Lookout would have to be that pack. Unfortunately, I have to report some technical issues, not that this should surprise anyone. Bethesda seems to be completely incapable of releasing DLC that works on the PlayStation 3, and while Point Lookout ran better for me than Broken Steel, Operation: Anchorage, or The Pitt did, it's still far from being perfect.

I ran into issues common with all of the PS3 DLC packs. The game would stutter often, the framerate dips regularly, and using VATS would only make these two problems worse. I have to warn you again, as I did plenty of times during the last three DLC reviews, that you should save in Point Lookout, and save often, because you never know when a freeze is going to strike. If you haven't saved in a while, you're inevitably going to be out of luck, so save, save, save, or risk controller-throwing amounts of frustration.

In addition to these technical problems, you may also experience a bizarre glitch I experienced after I finished getting my Bogwalker trophy (this was following the end of Point Lookout's contained storyline). I went and spoke to Tobar the Ferryman so I could leave Point Lookout, and the game froze suddenly, and then my PS3 reset itself. I have no idea how this happened -- or why -- but it did happen, nonetheless. Bizarre? Certainly. But when you're playing Fallout 3 DLC on PlayStation 3, expect the unexpected. Or should I say, expect the entirely expected in terms of technical flaws, freezing and glitches galore. And that's a shame, because Point Lookout is pretty amazing in its own right, with its own story, its own map, and its own side quests.

Yup, typical Bethesda :clap:

but we still love 'em :dizzy:

The love part is debatable, there is respect yes, but love.. no. They are no Bioware IMHO and have a LONG way to go before they hit that type of level. That being said, I do enjoy their games and hace come to expect such bugs or issues. I like to say "Its not a Bethesda game unless it crashes on you once a day!" lol

I got the last Trophy for the Fallout 3 DLC

On the 13th I will be getting Brutal legends

On the 20th Ill be getting Borderlands. And thus ends my put aside money for games.

I just bought bad company for the 360, a headphones w/ mic, and a CD... and now all my monies are gone :coffee::D

Time to save up for Christmas dry.gif

I have/had almost every system, excluding the SNES and most hand helds. Only handheld I have is a PSP-2000.

I just picked up Demon Souls, I got a call today saying Drake's Fortune 2 will be waiting for me Tuesday, I still have Dragon Age in my pre-order list and there might be a couple others in there. No wonder Im single, with all those games I dont have time to find a gf, let alone find enough time to focus on one! :D

LOL All our old systems are set up and hooked up in the spare bedroom. :P We play them periodically. Mario Party and classic Zelda on the SNES and the N64. Gotta love it.

Let's see, a list of our gamer museum: NES, SNES, N64. Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360, Gamecube, Atari 2600, GameboySP. Nintendo DS, PSP

...I think that's all of them. :D We are geeks.

LOL All our old systems are set up and hooked up in the spare bedroom. :P We play them periodically. Mario Party and classic Zelda on the SNES and the N64. Gotta love it.

Let's see, a list of our gamer museum: NES, SNES, N64. Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360, Gamecube, Atari 2600, GameboySP. Nintendo DS, PSP

...I think that's all of them. :hugs: We are geeks.

:D

Next party at Whoguru's house! :D

I'll bring the deep dish! :P

Wii is up in the air for me, may or may not get one, my mom may end up getting one first lol.

Yeah, my mom wants one for Christmas... fine by me! Wii has those laid-back games that seem so fun just cause they are that way... I dunno, i love em though (Wii tennis FTW).