DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Mods & Recommendations

bradleybrand

I've installed my mods using the Wrye Bash utility and I used Oblivion Mod Manager (OMM) for the Oblivion XP leveling mod, which has been somewhat problematic for me in the past.

Firstly, I went to install the Unofficial Patches to fix issues with the games and DLCs. From there, I setup OBSE and manually placed OBSE plugins into the plugins directory.

Once I had completed that, I went to install Qarls Textures, Immersive Interiors, Weather All Natural and Unique Landscapes.

I went onto DarNified UI and other UI and interface setups. Small mods, like Enemies keep weapons in inventory, I left until last.

Now I have a fully working TES IV: Oblivion game with some decent mods. I have not really done any Oblivion.ini edits though as I could not find a clear enough guide online.

I am by far no expert with modding, but this is what has worked for me.

Unofficial Patches

• Unofficial Oblivion Patch
  • Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch
  • Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches

OBSE & Plugins

• Blockhead
  • ConScribe - log
  • Console Paste - allowing copy/paste into console
  • Console Numpad - allowing use of numpad for console
  • Disable Vampire Race - easy to remove/add
  • Elys related
  • Engine Bug Fixes
  • Fast Exit 2
  • Loot Menu
  • Menu Que
  • Mod Limit Fix
  • NVAC
  • Elys Pluggy
  • Enhanced Camera
  • Sky BSA
  • Stutter Remover (OSR)
  • Walk Blessed

World & Textures

• QTP3 Redimized 1.0
  • Immersive Interiors
  • Immersive Interiors - Bravil Leyawiin New_Sheoth
  • Immersive Interiors - Imperial City
  • ImmersiveInteriorsLandscapeAddOn
  • Weather - All Natural
  • Unique Landscapes Compilation (ALL)
  • Oblivion Character Overhaul V2
  • Kvatch Rebuilt
  • No more burned ground (Kvatch Rebuilt)

World AI & NPCs

• Companion Vilja
  • Dialog Tweaks
  • Dialog Idles
  • Enemies keep weapons in inventory
  • Expanded Greetings
  • Faster Horse Dismount
  • No weapon or armor decay
  • Quest NPCs Run
  • Realistic Player Dialogue Overhaul
  • Unidirectional Attack
  • Baurus Essential - a mod I made to make Baurus an essential NPC - editing a Quest script

UI & Interface

• DarNified UI - followed instructions to make it BAIN compatible for Wrye Bash
  • UHD Font
  • Dynamic Map - Terrain Map
  • Display Stats (possible issues for me)
  • LINK - rare mods take advantage of this great tool
  • Loot Menu
  • Map Marker Overhaul (BAIN version had issues installing)
  • MiniMap
  • Enhanced Hotkeys
  • PickMe - new lock picking screen
  • Quest Log Manager
  • Oblivion Splash Screen Overhaul (2560x1440)
  • Oblivion XP (Oblivion Mod Manager install)

Misc

• Better Saves
  • Keychain

Misc Utilities

• TES4LODGen
  • TES4Edit - cleaning mod edits
  • Archive Invalidated!
  • 4GB Patch
  • enblocal.ini - Version.dll - forgot what these from, but still keep

NOT USED BUT KNOW EXISTS

• Better Cities - I can be funny sometimes with mods which drastically change the vanilla feel. I may give it a try some day.
  • Better Dungeons - actually thinking of downloading
  • Open Cities - I've had in the past. Had some bugs though with quest markers.
  • Tamriel Heightmaps - considering
  • Improved Trees and Flora 2 - considering
  • Immersive Weapons - considering

! Suggestions !

I never know what texture mods would be good to combine together, so I usually just get Qarls Textures and leave it there. Never really downloaded many different texture mods before. I am always looking at ways to improve TES IV: Oblivion look, feel, graphics, but understand it's a old dated game.

I love to see vanilla cities and settlements expanded but I am a little funny with it. I much prefer following the vanilla style than mods which add in a ton of new unique assets. I would rather expand existing settlements and cities using vanilla assets and make an exception if something was really important, like a new shop sign. TES V: Skyrim we saw Beyond Bruma which rebuilt the city of Bruma and how that city was expanded looked fantastic.

I am looking for suggestions... new mods... big or small... new OBSE plugins... new tweaks... please comment below. :)

I was a big fan of FCOM. But, installing it can be a real bear. There used to be a couple good guides out there, no idea if they still exist. I didn't care for the vanilla 'level scaling' experience, and FCOM dealt with that. The further you get from cities/roads, the tougher the enemies. There are still some close in... the vampires on the Imperial City island for instance.... but, by and large, it is a completely different experience from vanilla. Leveling up actually begins to make sense.

Also, (shameless plug) Advanced Magecraft for those that like to use magic, dramatically expands its utility. Its on Nexus. Check it out. :)

20 hours ago, HeyYou said:

I was a big fan of FCOM. But, installing it can be a real bear. There used to be a couple good guides out there, no idea if they still exist. I didn't care for the vanilla 'level scaling' experience, and FCOM dealt with that. The further you get from cities/roads, the tougher the enemies. There are still some close in... the vampires on the Imperial City island for instance.... but, by and large, it is a completely different experience from vanilla. Leveling up actually begins to make sense.

Also, (shameless plug) Advanced Magecraft for those that like to use magic, dramatically expands its utility. Its on Nexus. Check it out. :)

FCOM sounds a really interesting mod, never used before. I never really use magic, just swords/shields. Is this the mod, FCOM Convergence? https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12249

I like the idea of having enemies at various levels and the closer to towns/cities, the easier the creatures. Maybe good for leveling too, try go for enemies more challenging.

• 3 weeks later...